Binge eating recovery daily check in thread (Part 1)

Such a great question. I don’t think it’s wise to deprive myself completely. That would almost guarantee a binge later. So I bought some chicken, salsa, and the smallest quantity package of corn tortillas, which I will bake myself, to make chicken nachos. Hopefully, that will help me to feel that I am able to enjoy the day, but not go overboard and lose my way. Thank you for asking!

2 Likes

Day 55 : No binge today. Feeling great. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Sounds like a great plan, Lulu! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Day 56 : No binge today. Feeling great. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 57 : No binge today. Feeling good. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! I wasn’t able to watch the super bowl because we don’t have cable tv. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The game didn’t have the outcome I was hoping for. But I was able to stick to my plan and make it to Day 30. Thank you for thinking of me!

2 Likes

Day 58 : No binge today. Feeling ok. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 31. It’s been a few years since I made it to Day 31. Grateful.

3 Likes

Fantastic job! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 59 : No binge today. Feeling good. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Day 60 : No binge today. Feeling great. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

My friend texted to tell me my girl scout cookie order is ready. I placed the order in December, before I found the gumption to restart my program. 12 boxes that I would probably have eaten in about a month, maybe 2. Hard to not feel shame about that.

1 Like

I was thinking about going through my cabinets this weekend and pulling out all the things that will not help me get where I want to go, then taking the donation to the food bank. I’m hoping they will want 10 boxes of girl scout cookies also. The other two boxes are going to my daughter at college. Her favorites. That’s my plan. Thank you for asking. :blush: I think I feel ashamed because it’s like returning to the scene of the crime. Every year, I order the cookies, binge on the cookies. It’s a pattern I was ready to repeat. But you’re right, I’m not repeating it this year. And I can allow myself to be proud of that. I’ll work on it. Thank you.

4 Likes

You got this lulu! We’re here for you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I didn’t even know this thread existed, if ever I needed a thread right now it is this one. I was thinking about a food diary. For the last 4 or 5 days I have managed to reduce my chocolate to a couple of pieces a day and replace the rest with fruit. its was just getting ridiculous bc I would eat a whole packet of chocolate digestive biscuits with just one cup of tea, there is just no need for it.

4 Likes

Welcome, Dolse! :smiley:

2 Likes

Good for you, Dolse! Small steps are still steps!

2 Likes

Day 61 : No binge today. Feeling great. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes