Bird watching

Brill @SarahJ ! Love your pics on insta!

Although they are such nicer looking birds in the states judging by the pictures (flying birds- not female humans btw)

2 Likes

I had a pet rooster …worst idea ever! It chased me when i was 6. i ran full speed face first into a tree after looking back…he even chased the neighbor on his lawn mower…ruthless bird

3 Likes

Haha! Oh thanks Darren :kissing_heart:

Yes there are a lot of colourful ones there.

They’re awesome. My chicken use to follow me everywhere and she was such a sweet girl😍

1 Like

A productive morning of bird photography. Would not have gotten these if I was not up and sober early on a Sunday morning. :two_hearts:
They are: black capped chickadee, white breasted nuthatch, tufted titmouse

8 Likes

So happy with my birds today :two_hearts:

11 Likes

Met a nice fluffy pigeon today…

7 Likes

Also, this cute robin bobbed over to me today!

10 Likes

Dark Eyed Juncos being adorable, from last weekend just processed this morning.
Bald Eagle flying over lake. This morning is the first I have seen a few people out ice fishing, so the eagles are hanging around. Hilariously, I watched one try to land on a branch that then broke.

9 Likes

Beautiful! I’d love to draw that Junco if that’s okay.

1 Like

You must be up in New England (aka Red Sox nation). Those three are the most common at our house in Vermont.

1 Like

YES! I thought of you when I posted it because it is so cute and round and fluffy. I would be delighted if you would share the end product :hearts:

1 Like

Amazing, thank you! Of course I will :blush:

Today has been a corker of a day for birding. Tufted Titmouse and Black Capped Chickadee. Also LOTS of Bald Eagles around - adults and juveniles. I need better zoom for these guys out on the ice - maybe that will be my xmas present to myself.

8 Likes

7 Likes

Love love love!!!

I LOVE your eagle shots! So jealous of your view, that’s amazing!

5 Likes

Female Dark-eyed Junco in snow

8 Likes

I don’t know much about birds or birdwatching, but am going to try it out in the spring. I have always found birds interesting, and I just love animals in general. There is something so calming just watching them go about their daily business, no rush to be anywhere.

I noticed a HUGE variety of birds in our backyard when we first moved in September. Could see it being very relaxing just sitting on the deck after work, looking through the branches with my binoculars.

I do know that I really like seeing Cardinals and Blue Jays, cool birds. I like Orioles a lot too, but don’t see them around here too often. The orange color on them is remarkable. We get hummingbirds too, so we plan on putting out special feeders for them.

2 Likes