Blood test results

So at the beginning of this year and as late as August after 6 weeks abstinence I still had excessive high liver enzymes and macrocytosis (large red blood cells)
Today I received my blood results from Dec 23rd and it’s the first time in probably since before I started drinking that my liver is 100% normal no permanent damage. The relief is beyond anything I can tell you. My last Gamma GT was 425 in August today it is 32!! So worth everyday sober as well as all the other reasons I enjoy waking up in the morning. I’m learning to respect my organs and my body like little pets and it’s nice to know I care enough about my health to continue the path I am on.
Blessing x

27 Likes

Awesome! Great news. And great job on sticking to sobriety. Keep those little pets healthy :wink::hugs:

2 Likes

What a nice way to think about it. I like that. I can’t remember where I read it, but someone said that when we stop drinking our body breathes a sigh of relief and gets to work repairing itself.

Great job! That’s so awesome. Our bodies are something else.

2 Likes

Now to loose some weight, keep lowering my cholesterol and sort my buggered shoulder out and we will be ship shape :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Wow! That’s great news!!

1 Like

So awesome!! :grinning:

1 Like

The human body is an amazing thing. Congrats on your blood tests. Keep it up!!

1 Like

I love how you call your organs little pets! I will never forget this. Thank you! Congratulations on your testing. In. Month it’s my turn

1 Like

Woo hoo! So happy for you. Your sobriety is really paying off. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Nice work! I had repeat blood work done on Tuesday for my liver function and your post gives me hope. Hopefully I hear back on monday. Great job!

1 Like

That is such great news!!

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m coming up on the 2 year mark. I remember being in the same spot as you. On pins and needles waiting for my results.

I was afraid on two fronts. First is obvious, that I had something wrong and was dying. The second was that there would be nothing wrong and I would then justify going back to drinking again because I was fine.

I got the results back and after 30ish years of drinking I dodged a bullet. Although I had elevated levels the blood work and ultrasound showed everything was ok and eventually would return to normal. I have been able to hold on to my sobriety and I know that next time (if there is ever one) could be the end.

4 Likes

That’s great news!!! Your body is giving you a reward for all your hard work.

2 Likes

The physical symptoms I had in the last few months of drinking were not worth it looking back I was literally at a point of self harm where it hurt to drink and I carried on drinking. I feel sick at the thought of what I was putting my body through. The wake up call was the doctor said if I carry on like this I would permanently damage my liver. If truth be told my friend had a similar warning but he never stopped he’s a bit older than me and doesn’t look great. I have seen someone die from alcoholism also I had never ever seen someone so yellow and swollen it was heartbreaking I was 19 when I saw that. For me it was a no brained I had to stop and stop I did. The last two years I’ve despised my drinking I think maybe that’s why I had done a lot of mental preparation for it I don’t know. But all I know is life is so precious and I wanted to live and enjoy my future. I have lost a lot of friends through sobriety and other reasons but you know what that’s ok!! It’s created room for new better people when I’m ready to let them in!

4 Likes

That must be a big relieve!
Congratulations!! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

That’s awesome congrats!!! May I ask how heavy your drinking was and for how long? Looking for a little bit of hope for myself :grimacing: Been drinking lots of green tea, and taking lots of milk thistle and turmeric to help my poor liver :frowning:

2 Likes

I worked out today I was drinking king about three bottles of wine four days a week so that worked out at 7000+ units a year and I have consistently been drinking at that level for 3 and a half years now I’m on zero