Books are life

I have been reading tons since becoming sober…
I would love any recommendations, lately I’ve been all about self help books or true stories.
Right now I’m reading Danny Trejo newest book and I’m really sad I’m almost finished it.

Previously I was reading strong at the broken places : overcoming the trauma of child abuse…
I’ve yet to finish this one . . . I kind of keep coming back and forth to it. I can only read a few pages at a time for a short book its a very heavy read.

So any suggestions for my next adventure I would absolutely love :heart:

3 Likes

Any Avid Readers Here? What are you currently reading?

You might find some you like on this thread.

3 Likes

Wicked THANKS!

1 Like

Arylene a personal friend of mine great story ,brave lady

4 Likes

The Book Thief. Heavy but good.

3 Likes

Books are life :raised_hands::raised_hands: I’m going to read that dany Trejo book :books:

3 Likes

Mine are completely different reading, still enjoyable: House in the Cerulean Sea, Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell and Midnight at the Blackbird Cafe. These have been my favorites this year, hope one strikes your fancy!

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll take any recommendation! I’m more than open to something different! :blush:

2 Likes

It’s a good read! I don’t want it to be over. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be over that’s the great thing about reading a book :open_book: we can always read it time after time again :raised_hands:

1 Like

Check out Nikki sixx’s new book the first 21 it’s great I just got done with it

I was just watching Dr.Phil and they were promoting his new book it’s definitely going on my list!!! Thanks :blush:

This is so true!! 🥲🥰

1 Like

Killers of the Flower Moon.
514QUJzXGZL.AC_SY780

1 Like

Your welcome it’s a great read I’m not of a reader but I love Nikki’s books

1 Like

When I was in school I read “a child called it” based on a true story.

For fictional books- Right now I’m into books by Rhonda McKnight currently reading “an inconvenient friend” I’ve read “what kind of fool” by her as well and started “secrets and lies” but got mad at a character and slammed the book shut :joy:. Her writing is amazing.