Boom just like that 11 days gone

I just threw away my 11 days on being clean I feel like a idiot I was so proud of my 11 days !! I was doing good I got triggered my friend came over with some drinks and next thing I knew BOOM I WAS CALLING MY D-BOY!!! :boom: I refuse to give up !!! I gotta try harder and do better next time

9 Likes

Welcome back.

If nothing changes.
Nothing changes.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I’m sorry @Shell38621! Tomorrow is a new day! Start again. I messed up after my first two days, which isn’t the same but I wish I wouldn’t have. One thing that has helped me is putting a daily note in my Google calendar (my private one, not my work one :sweat_smile:) about my day, even if it’s just a day count. If I get thoughts of drinking, I look back to the day I messed up and my note says “I wish I wouldn’t have.” It sounds simple but it helps me.

Keep stepping forward!!

2 Likes

Glad you are here still!
Drinking makes you dropping your guards for using as well. But I guess you know that already.
I’m sorry about the relaps, it’s difficult to deal with it I know. Try to learn something out of it. What can you do different next time to avoid a new one?
Maybe it’s time to remove that phone number?
All those little changes can help you a lot. Building little walls for yourself so using isn’t that “easy”.

2 Likes

Ok. I think you and the “friend” are enabling each other. I’m sorry but do not spend time with that “friend”

5 Likes

Also why do you still have the dealers number?

That needs to be deleted

5 Likes

7 Likes

you can do this!

2 Likes

Maybe try ameeting and make new sober friends can have them round wish you well

6 Likes

You didnt throw 11 days away, you were sober that time. Build on that

2 Likes

Hey girl, i am so sorry to hear about ur relapse. How are you doing now? It can be hard (especially in early recovery) to be around others who are partaking in substances. I had a very similar experience many years ago with a “friend”. I Learned very quickly that alcohol is also a drug and that i cant even have alcohol bcuz it leads to others things… like my DOC. Take this relapse as a learning experience. See what u can do differently next time. It could be not hanging around certain people, or maybe deleting numbers of people that u know sell drugs. Make it extremely hard for u to use. Deleting numbers and blocking them was probably one of the biggest things for me to do in early recovery. Helped alot!! Sending u strength :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I agree I just got over cocky with it I thought I could handle it

1 Like

Now you know. You have learned something from this! Just keep pressing on!