'Bout that time... ...anyone up for PLANK challenge?

Still on track with this but I’m right at my limit on 3:30. A few butt lifts and swear words required to get through it. I’ll give 4 mins everything I’ve got, we shall see.

Great work to everyone pressing on and giving it there best :+1:

6 Likes

I’m going to have to switch my rest day over. Muscular pain in my abdomen, coupled with a bit of sleep deprivation and a distinct lack of mojo means that planking is not in my immediate future. I’ll try to get back on it in my own limited way tomorrow when you are all enjoying your well earned rest day. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Tired of scrolling to find this.

6 Likes

Got my 3:30 in with the help of Jackson Brown. Stay. Just a little bit longer…….

But seriously …………

I’m calling it. 3:30 is my max. I’m going to listen to this old body. And I’m not doing that again. :rofl:

6 Likes

Well…

My Ego crushed my body yesterday… I should have listened and mhm Tony youre right. You should have been surprised that I could do 3.5 mins straight. I have fibro… and sometimes I like to ignore that.

I ended up in tears for most of the night with severe muscle spasms through my whole back, torso and core, all the way through my chest and into my throat.

Unfortunately yesterday was my last plank day. I managed to do more than I should have but I paid dearly. Proud that I was feeling stronger and looking forward to a few days of rest before wall sits start.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Super proud of all of you! Hugs for you (( @Its_me_Stella )) … Ouch
@Dazercat look at you go! 3 plus miles walking and the plank! You are strong and fit! ( I realize you have the procedure coming up that will make you even more so)
I want, want, want, WANT to be doing it, but still going to wait. Doc said it was ok … to let pain be the guide but I am not ready. Want to get back to my other normal exercise/activity before the plank. I was doing great and will again!
I have a fitbit flex 2. I like it bc it is small. I used it to track how many steps and how much sleep, I ( don’t ) get. It is all good.
As far as the puppy video, y’all might need some good music to keep you going and not totally rely on the puppies… there is a special message for you at 4:57…

3 Likes

I have been thinking about this, actually obsessing…
(I think this is my addict talking but just go with me)

The super rapid increases in time are not working for my body but I believe if I were to do 3 mins for another week and then say do 3.5 for a week I believe my strength would be able to hold a 4 and so on.

I am going to rest and then try this way into August and see how I do. I will keep you posted.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

6 Likes

I agree with you I think the increases are too fast. It’s not really a race. It should just be the ability to do it safely.

5 Likes

Ya, the increase in time from 2-5 is not good. Not good at all. We should all listen to our body and age and just do the best we can. At least I am doing them. And I’ll continue to do my 1-2 minute planks on a regular basis. But I’m so glad I took the opportunity to join in. Like I said 3:30 is my max. Probably never do that again either. I was kinda hoping for 4. Oh well. What the hell.

7 Likes

And day 25 :heavy_check_mark: :sob::sob::sob:

My effing back was cramping up the whole time. I’m grateful for the rest day tomorrow. I also agree it’s a very rapid increase. We come back to 4 on Tuesday, yikes. I can’t picture me doing 5. Today was a bitch. My back is rude AF.

5 Likes

I’m still just managing to stay up with poor as :poop: form. My weak shoulders are more of an issue than my core. But…still doing it along with my other exercises. Agreed…increase in time is too fast!

5 Likes

Ha! This gave me quite the chuckle! Yeah, technology seems to challenge my mental fitness in all kinds of ways. Your post on the gratitude thread a day or two ago? About the bluetooth speaker and the music on the phone - not to mention the light switch? Totally relatable! A combo of wizardry and miracles… But hey - as long as I make that 0.1% of technology work for me!

When I told my nephews the TV long ago came with knobs and the phone was attached to the wall, they wondered if we grew up in some strange prison… :rofl:

As for my fitbit? I’ve only had it on for 24hrs, yes doing about 0.1% of all it is capable of, and already I feel very “you complete me” about it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Day 25.
You’ve all beaten me to it. I’m going to hold onto 3 minutes a day for the rest of the challenge, and then try to maintain 2-3 mins every 2nd day after the challenge. I fear if I aim for 5 minutes I won’t plank again til we think it’s a good idea to do this again in January!

It is a bit of a sudden, steep curve: we work up to 1 min in the first 10 days, and the tack on 4 more mins in the remaining 20 days. Oof!

It’s all about realistic goals. And not challenging our sobriety with ab exercises! :joy: :orange_heart:

4 Likes

I feel almost overjoyed with the consensus that we appear to have reached in here. I was never getting to 5 minutes, but didn’t want to back out. I agree that it accelerates a bit quicker than is good for me.
Looking on the bright side, though, my core definitely feels stronger, and I can see myself continuing to do some planking in the future - which is a really positive outcome.
Sorry you had the pain, @Its_me_Stella. That didn’t sound like a lot of fun. It does underline to me though, that we are all tenacious, with a lot of willpower. This means that it is our DOC that we should blame for our addictions, and not ourselves. If you use addictive substances, you get addicted to them - at least if your body is working correctly. I blamed myself for years, and regularly beat myself up about my lack of willpower.
I know it’s wrong headed of me @M-be-free49, but I take more than a crumb of comfort from the fact that you appear to be almost as uncomfortable with technology as I am.
I had a couple of flex 2s, @Alisa, but I couldn’t get one when my last one passed away. I would have gladly had another.
Love this little thread with all of you in it…

4 Likes

Nice to read everyone’s opinions on this. It very clearly ramps up too quickly at the end. I’m going to keep trying, but even if I manage it there’s no way it’ll be a proper 5 min plank. I’m already spending a good 20-30 seconds in downward dog just to get through it. But I really want to do it now!!! So I’m going to change up my goal to do a ‘proper’ 5 min plank by end of August. Probably shift back to 3 mins and then work my way up 10 secs at a time over the month. Do that along with the wall sit challenge.

I’ve really enjoyed it tho, by back feels stronger and I feel inspired to do more things like this. Following the thread and the camaraderie has been great also. Good work team plank :+1:

4 Likes

3 x 70 seconds done. :white_check_mark:
Had my rest day yesterday. I am also going to stay at this level and try to build up slowly.
Team plank. :joy:

5 Likes

Not very flattering eh :sweat_smile:

I’ve quickly put together a plan for myself in August. Thought i’d share.

5 Likes

Somehow ‘forgot’ yesterday and so no rest today.

Time flies by…

3 Likes

July 26
Day 26.
I know it’s a rest day but I’m living ODAAT. And today was my workout day.
2 2minute planks. I’m calling it 4 minutes. BOOYAH!!

5 Likes

Day 27. Not sure if this is still happening, but I did three and a half minutes in three easy installments today. :white_check_mark:

6 Likes