C25K anyone?

6 Likes

Looks beautiful! I will do a run tomorrow. I did some jogging with my daughter today and I seem to have lost ALL stamina. :joy:

2 Likes

Oh wow! That is reason enough to get outside!! Well done! Having my coffee still, but will get a run in and think of you!

1 Like

Totally did not run today. My lack of sleep caught up to me and I have had a restorative day. :heart:

1 Like

It’s good that you can recognise what you need xxxx

1 Like

I did week 1 run 3 this morning. It was super windy and I wasn’t keen to go, but really enjoyed it by the end, even with the headwind.

Finding the commentary on the app really helpful because it gives you loads of positive strokes like “your doing really well even just to be here” :rofl::rofl::rofl::+1: feels pretty cheeky to get all the big-ups when I’m just on the most basic walking-running pattern.

That’s going to change with the next run, the running intervals get a little bit longer, I’m up for it tho.

3 Likes

2 Likes

What a view for a run! Great job you!!

We all start somewhere, keep with it and walk if you need to. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Glad to hear you are going well! I haven’t done any official c25k, but using my smart watch logged a 3.5 k walking and running with the kids today.

1 Like

What week are you on now? I’m gonna try w run from week two tomorrow, I think.

3 Likes

I’m on week two now!

It’s so windy and cold tho butt I really should push through tho and do one after work tonight

3 Likes

I did it, week two run one.

I got home from work and just pushed thru and got straight into my running stuff and left. Once out it was really good actually, I enjoyed it a lot!

2 Likes

Yes!!!

I’m on week two… I’m happy to repeat runs.

Let me know if you want to do a buddy run! (If you have the NHS C25K app :relaxed:)

2 Likes

I almost always find that to be true!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

I think it only works if you are in the UK :frowning:. Tried week three and managed it easily so going to jump to week four. I don’t know why I always get so stuck around week 6, so don’t worry, you will definitely catch up and probably overtake soon!

So I snuck in another sneaky run … week two run two! But I’m away in Scotland and wanted to do a circuit of one of my favourite lochs… So I was naughty and repeated a couple of the walk-run repeats… Got to be careful because I got the buzz and just ran further last time I tried the C25K, but then my ankles swelled up like balloons for three weeks and I quit.

3 Likes

I did a week four run! The 5 minute one felt pretty long!

3 Likes

Be careful of overuse!!! But must be hard to resist the beauty of running there.

Great job @Misokatsu!!

Recovering from covid, so no runs for me for a bit. Cheering you on from sidelines!!! :tada:

Nice that’s good going!!

1 Like

Im currently on week 2 of the 8 week c25k program i started. I was able to jog for 1.5min and then id walk for 2 min. Alternating like this for 20 min. Progress is slow but id love to be able to run 5k in the future.

3 Likes