CAMERA FUN. Before & after beauty filter pics

We’ve all got a phone with a camera, and most of those cameras have beauty filters built in for use as a live filter or accessible post-production.
Topic is simple… Take one photo with all the beauty filters turned off, then another photo with all beauty treatments turned up to 11. Post the results if you like, or simply tell us about the biggest changes the software made, and if you like the result.

I’ll start, then you. :ok_hand::+1::camera::camera_flash:
images (45)

I think mine was pretty subtle, but did bring out a touch more of my real personality.

9/10

6 Likes

Fresh angle. Had someone else take this one

12 Likes

The left one is an aging filter, which added some forehead wrinkles, puffiness and driving glasses for failing vision. The pink one is me, naturally
Edited photo out as I regretted posting lol

14 Likes

Is there really something called a “beauty filter”? Thats kind of insulting to people, no? Implying that they aren’t beautiful as-is. I’m out of the loop here as my phone (Android galaxy) is about 6-7 years old, I don’t have any of this stuff. Or maybe I do and I’m just unaware of it.

I’ve never understood the need to filter pics of oneself. Making your eyes larger, digitally smoothed skin…it just looks artificial and ridiculous, mostly.

I do, however, find the premise of the thread to be amusing :yum:

8 Likes

Your post made me smile, very sweet to hear from this aging beauty, lol🥰
Edit: I should add that I didn’t mean to say I’m some kind of stuck up beauty, lol. I guess it struck a chord because I was when I was younger and it’s humbling to try and age gracefully. :relieved:

3 Likes

@AyBee I couldn’t help myself…

1 Like

I teach and ask the students to send me a selfie and an introduction to help me learn names. All the girls use a beauty filter and they all the same! No help at all!

3 Likes

The one that’s built in to my camera app lightens my skin as much as it smooths it, and I find the idea that this is to make me look “better” disturbing.

And by lightening I don’t mean generically overexposed, I mean I look white AF.

I don’t know what to think.

2 Likes