Candida Overgrowth help please!

There is so much mixed advice and information about candida overgrowth online. Is anybody able to offer me simple list (or some advice!) on what supplements to buy, what to do and what to eat to help? I’m based in the U.K. If that helps!

Many thanks! Xxx

Oh boy, yes, in a transformation post I have my story and photos, dealing with this exact issue. My GI doctor has me on magnesium, colostrum and probiotics for this. The diet that worked best for me is crazy strict but it worked. No fermented food, no vinegars, no sugars, dairy, grains, alcohol, coffee, no corn, all kinds of things can promote it that we are blissfully unaware of. It’s not fun at first but it’s worth it! My GI Dr recently told me I could eat whatever I want. Giving up alcohol has naturally made me crave sugar. So, I started eating it and grains and I can tell a huge difference in my facw and how I feel. So…Now I’m giving it all back up again and starting back on this next week.

1 Like

Kill it with fire!

3 Likes

I used to have a huge rash that was blotchy and kind of raised on the top of my back. It would go down to a couple shades darker than my skin colour, but when it was itchy it would go bright red. It started when I was drinking heavily and I had it for a couple of years, it used to drive me nuts but I wouldn’t never go to a doctor bk then, unless I thought I was dying. Its completely vanished now Ive stopped drinking, do you think this could have been Candida overgrowth?

Absolutely, that sound exactly like my face was! Alcohol provides the perfect environment for Candida to grow because it kills all your good bacteria off

Yes, I knew i was missing something huge. No yeast!

It all makes sense now, I thought for ages i was allergic to a shower gel, washing powder or something

I noticed toward the end that mine got worse with alcohol, nuts and coffee. I couldn’t figure it out but when it finally clicked, it was amazing!

1 Like

Super gross post coming. I have Candida issue in my belly button. It’s nasty, itchy, and weepy. I’m not drinking, but the yeast is crazy! Blarf!

@Hope0110 it’s my feet that are awful…just horrible! The last two years nothing has worked. Eurgh!!

I was hoping you would comment as I saw some of your posts when searching!!
My sugar intake is out of control. I mean, out. Of. Control. Sticky toffee pudding and ice cream for breakfast, and I just ate a tub of ice cream for a snack!!! I’m only on day 15 sober so I know it’s partially that too.
Would a paleo diet with no sugar be a similar diet? I used to be paleo. How did you find doing such a strict diet after quitting alcohol too?

Does no sugar include sweeteners and ‘diet’ drinks, like Diet Coke etc? That’s my lifeline at the moment… thanks again for your help xxx

2 Likes

Thank you! It sounds hell…but I think it’s needed.

I’m also breastfeeding, so I’m using that as an excuse to eat bad foods and more calories. It’s got to stop!! Xxx

1 Like

Before I had my hysterectomy I had awful yeast infections. Every month. In fairness, my period lasted 7 to 10 days.

1 Like

Haha, I ate once cream every single day last week. Once day, 3x lmao…so I totally understand! Yes, very similar to paleo, I bet you would find relief just switching to that and if you find you need to get rid of more you can make it stricter. I highly highly highly recommend probiotics and colostrum pills, according to my GI Dr they help to absorb the probiotics and build your mucosal lining in your gut, which is needed so your body knows what to do with the food you’re eating.

I found it actually pretty easy to stick to the diet without booze because i didn’t “need” the carbs to soak up the alcohol I was positioning myself with. Now that I literally followed his advice of “anything” I want, I know that’s not true lol. Something about if it’s too good to be true it usually is! But I had to expiriment to know, now that I do, I’ve got to get back to what I know helps and works for me.

Do you ever soak your feet with Epsom salt? I wonder if that would help some too.

Be prepared when you start, if you go in super strict starting out the gates you’re going to get headaches and feel like you’ve got the flu after a few days. Drink a ton of water, dry brush your skin if you can every night and lay low if you can. But, sometimes this is better because it’s done and over with and you start feeling great with results quickly. If you prolong, some people never come off the sugars and things that make them miserable. I’m not looking forward to starting this after a few week bender on sugar and coffee but it’s totally happening lol.

Good luck girl, ask away any time you need to!

1 Like

I wad going to say, thats a better place to get them that some alternatives! I have never had a yeast infection somehow knock on wood but I’ve had more than my fair share of UTI’s…those bitches escalate super quickly for me.

2 Likes

Fuck yeah they do! Before my hysterectomy I had constant yeast infections. Now they seem to be relegated to my belly button.

1 Like

My MIL is still friends with the women she met in La Leche League (and my husband will be 42 soon).

1 Like

Here you go. `(∩_∩)′ @Motivatedmummy

3 Likes

Good grief - so do I! Every single month for about a week😣!

I use the candida freedom pills from Massey Medicinals. I’ve noticed that those, in addition to watching what I eat (low/no bread, no beer, cooking in coconut oil), apple cider vinegar shots, taking a daily probiotic, using bone broth in cooking, and also try to lower your sugar intake, since sugar feeds yeast.

1 Like