Can't stop stealing shit!

Totally went to the mall yesterday and stole my favorite perfume. Force of habit…? I used to go there drunk all the time and steal shit. (Not sure how I never got caught!) Difference is, as soon as I was driving away I got hit with a wave of guilt and said out loud “I can’t keep this! Wtf was I thinking?” So I wrote a note apologizing and briefly explained that I was a recovering alcoholic, my force of old habits, couldn’t keep it etc. I put it in the perfume box and am just gonna go and put it back just how I took it! Lol
I know that probably sounds quite odd. Anyone else have any similar convicting moments? Like I never even batted an eye before, and now I find myself uncomfortable with and unable to do a lot of the things I used to. That’s a good thing though, right?

6 Likes

Haha it is! I’m not proud of it, but got arrested once before for it. Just another addiction of mine. Getting it in the light helps I think. Thanks for not judging :confused:

3 Likes

I think it shows real courage to admit it and take it back. That’s progress. In a weird roundabout way…I would call it a win. The acknowledgement and amends anyway. Proud of you.

3 Likes

Well thanks. I guess it is isn’t it? Shoot I think even feeling bad about it at all is a progress. Its just such a new feeling for me!

1 Like

Yeah true statement. I am the last to judge as well.

hahaha! I would actually love to receive a letter like that if I worked retail. probably could just let that one slide I think…:wink:

I owe many stores a thousand amends myself :wink:

2 Likes

yeah I def ain’t got time for another arrest! Just gonna slip it right back…haha

1 Like

Might want to start a timer for that. Getting jammed up for shoplifting wouldn’t be groovy.

1 Like

I do too! I know I def can’t go back and make them all…but I know I can do this one. And hopefully that prompt me not to do it again next time I’m tempted

I thought about that too…but it’s expensive! (Hence why I stole it :disappointed:)

haha no sir! Very UNgroovy. And I just can’t have that

good point. I think I might need to buy a diff one though…I was just thinking, my fav perfume might be a trigger…might be time for a new scent

Walk up to some random person, and give it to them, then vow to never do it again, and don’t do it again.

The store likely has you on video. You get jammed bringing it back, and they have to do something.

Hmm…another thought… I can be kinda sneaky. Ok let’s be honest, I’m pretty positive I could slip it back unnoticed. I know where the cameras are and how to block the view, make it look like I’m picking something up to try etc…god admitting this is embarrassing for me right now

1 Like

Right. And when you get caught putting it back, the loss-prevention folks are gonna believe you were putting it back.

“Hey Frank. The chick with the purple hair is back. Yep. Perfume counter, same as before.”

Don’t tempt fate.

god so true. Theft and guilt…maybe you guys are right. I def don’t need to get arrested!

Ok ok good point! Y’all are probably right. Making me nervous now, so probably shouldn’t

hahaha! Reek of crime. God I’ll never be able to wear Chanel again! @anon53189373 and @Yoda-Stevie have me all paranoid to go back in the store w it now though! Might have to give it away then go and pay for a new scent.

2 Likes

hahaha! Some of the stupid shit I’ve stolen! I drop more money at Cosmo prof than I have stolen prob. Too paranoid to steal from there I guess since o have to go every other.day it seems

1 Like