Checking how people are?

Do you have zoom? There’s other meetings you can do on that platform

Okay English I got in the rooms to work I just downloaded the app from the Play Store cuz before I was trying to get it to download from the website

1 Like

That’s good to hear

I checked it out Miller’s Crossing and it appears to be another movie with John Turtoro. I love him❤️. He’s been in quite a few of the movies I’ve watched so far. Didn’t know he was in so many. What a great actor. We also watched Spike Lee’s Do The Right Thing and we also watched Boyzs N The Hood. Both great thought provoking movies. I’m reading Malcom X and I don’t want to watch Spike Lee’s Malcom X movie until I finish the book. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Love Spike Lee, Do the Right Thing and Boyz in the Hood are classics!!

John Turturro is amazing. Gabriel Byrne is as well. I loved Miller’s Crossing.

Have you ever seen Jacob’s Ladder? One of my favorites…a little esoteric. Also, Sideways with Paul Giamatti (sp?) is a great movie, but it is centered around wine and a wine tasting trip…so perhaps inappropriate…use discretion. Duets…another movie I loved.

Okay…sorry! I went off on a tangent!!

And yes, Malcolm X is amazing…person and movie. :heart:

That’s how I use to be. I have always been a kind of wine snob.

Will look up Jacobs Ladder. Thanks.

2 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: Paul Giamati.
He was spectacular in the mini series John Adams. I don’t usually watch stuff like that but this one was terrific. And Laura Linney as Abigail Adams was super as well. Do we need to start another topic about movies during Covid19 Isolation?

1 Like

I am embarrassed to say I never did watch that and it had such great reviews. Both are excellent actors!!

We probably should, I could move these and start one…

I just rewatched Leaving Las Vegas as well. I am not quite sure why, it is so depressing, but so well acted.

1 Like

So we’ll acted. I’m from California and we were visiting Hollywood boulevard. We had know idea that the premier of “Wind Talkers”was gong on at Chinese Theater. We were on the other side of the street just in watching in Aww. Nicolas Cage ran across the street to greet fans and I got to shake his hand!!:heart_eyes::star_struck:. Will never forget it. He was so nice :heart:

1 Like

Oh my gosh hilarious!! :rofl:

That is one of my favourite movies. I don’t want to watch it again because it is heartbreaking. But it is absolutely brilliant acting, from both of the leads. And the story is brilliantly crafted. You know exactly where it’s going but you can’t tear your eyes away.

1 Like

I’ve not seen that! I’ll watch that later :+1: I’m having a 1980’s movie marathon today with the kids, Superman, Karate Kid, Goonies :grinning:

1 Like

Painting the garden fences :+1: the sun has disappeared today though, today will be a challenge indoors :roll_eyes:

Oh, I see. Maybe you and your daughter can find something you can do together that you both like. Be cooped up together like we all are is driving everyone crazy. Be glad you are not like my Daughter in Law and Step Son. They are cooped up with a 17 year old boy who was not able to get his license because of this mess AND an almost 4 yr old and a 16 month old. Both girls! My DIL is very creative with doing stuff with them but they want to go to the park and play with friends and nothing else will do! Lots of whining and crying. Let’s be happy we are not Vanessa!!! :grin: