Checking in as often as I have to to NOT RELAPSE!

@EyeOpener are you OK?
What’s your DOC and where are you?
Tell us what’s going on so we can help.

Edit: I see you mentioned vodka in another post. are you drinking right now?

2 Likes

It was good. I actually raised my hand and talked about what was going on the last few months. Its been kind of an overwhelming, depressing time. I want to feel better and be hopeful. I know that if I take easy and just take it one day at a time, it will get better. At least I hope it will. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congrats! Speaking isnt easy.

1 Like

Damn ! Try to stop and focus, I never could.
But if you’re ok to talk text me up !

1 Like

That’s really cool.
Sharing in groups has helped me a lot.
I usually feel really good after a meeting but the secret is, you gotta try different meetings and find the one with people you like listening to. That can be tricky for some, based on their location.

1 Like

I never had an oportunitiy to go to meetings, we don’t have that at my place, and where I am at now also. Think it’s a great thing to have but I remember what Stevie said , whatever works !
For me this forum helped me before and now.
Like a toothbrush , the best one is the one you use .
Funny story, I was talking to my guests from the U.S and said like the thing I want to visit most when I visit is an AA meeting … :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’ve got this, brotha!!! I’m 5 days clean, it’s not easy but we are all stronger than alcohol and can enter recovery.

1 Like

I really love going to meetings. I always felt so alone in my drinking but I don’t feel so alone anymore. I’ve met so many great people who have been helping me out and showing me the way. How are you doing today??? :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

3 Likes

So yesterday we went to breakfast after the meeting. Thevold timer, 40+ years, made us all get banana splits for breakfast. It was fun.

4 Likes

That sounds nice , uplifting , some weirdly nice tone to your message.

I really thrive in solitude , I mean being with people never worked out for me well, it ended always in me going to hell and everybody else just passing by. I never had enough time to toughen up , to steady myself and find right people and environment. So… I hope this will last long enough so I can try…
This isolation really is doing wonders and I enjoy it a lot. I feel awesome , excercising, reading just having a good day one after another. The one thing I am planning for is that this will end at one point and I’ll have to either be ready or continue being far away from everything.

2 Likes

Hey! Checking in again at day 5! Today’s a good day! I’m going to a meeting and going to the gym afterwards.
I tried the isolation thing. It worked for a little while, it was actually my longest stretch of sobriety. But I developed many toxic relationships where I was too dependent on people for reassurance and praise. I should happy within myself and I wasn’t. It’s something I need to work on. So now I go to meetings and I have a network of people that I talk to everyday. I think it’ll take time but I think it’ll get better. Anyhoo hope you have a great day! Stay strong man! :honeybee::honeybee::honeybee:

2 Likes

I will :). Yeah, time , it will take time but sober-time to put concrete and iron in these foundations. Anyhooo ahahahah…awesome .
Whatever works, whatever as long as it’s not just a different version of the same problem.
Give your :honeybee: st ! I’ll :turtle: my way up ?

@Danna17 it’s a great start, just stay strong , distract yourself , whatever it takes just fight !
Talk,vent, read !

1 Like

That would be really cool to celebrate that way!

With whatever it takes i shall not drink. Im so grateful for what i got in my life now . To me it is a blessing , yes it’s tough to handle life sometimes but it’s worth it to go to bed with the knowing i be sober tomorrow. I choose to be hopefull and aware of my actions. My higher power and you and others in my circle guides me . And my loved ones too. Wish u all the best . Stay motivated and willing :pray::heart: and God bless us all

2 Likes

New two this group im 2 months clean n refuse two relaps ever agen

1 Like

I can relate I had 6 months and gave it away without even thinking,however we always bounce back I think we are destined for success and sobriety I also think every time we fall we learn from it…Good Luck To you ! I’m back on day 2

Continuing the discussion from Checking in daily #3 :heart::

Hey for everyone who is wondering where I’ve disappeared to loi kinda thought it would just pop onto the page I didnt think people would miss it.

Lots of love :heart:

1 Like

How’s your journey going I found your post from February??

It’s been a wild ride that’s for sure hahaha I have a couple new threads u post on now.

1 Like

Hi I’m back in forward motion I really need a change, there is nothing that can come of this type of life. I only want the best for my kid and this isn’t it