CaptAZ's kinda daily check in

Not sure if a new one has formed up, looked a little and didn’t see it.

Day 789. Spent doing hobby work stuff, made a new counter top for the island cause the old one was twisting and turning lol. Great day to be alive and sober.

No need to panic, enjoy the time you have, could die today, tomorrow or in 50 years. I wanna enjoy the time I have, and enjoy it sober as a bird.

30 Likes

You got that right my man.
Nice wood work! Got the little one involved too so that’s even better

1 Like

Got me a table saw today, had to use it :rofl::joy::rofl: it’s just some birch plywood, kreg jigged the part I ripped off it on the ends to get the proper length.

That’s the wife, she’s been wanting a new top for a month now, always a joy working with her, I’m not usually talkative but when you get me going on some of my hobby stuff and woodworking, I blabber like a 3 year old.

3 Likes

It was Already started Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

2 Likes

I figured :joy::rofl::joy: oh well. I’ll change it to my check in then

3 Likes

No worries, you should just change it to 11. They close so quick lately. :joy::joy:

1 Like

Is that a torch? I’ve done some torch work on big exposed beam work. I love the look

1 Like

Yeah just a little propane torch, mostly used for the copper pipes I had to redo. Brings out all the features of the grain, I love it. Then we stained it dark walnut. Gonna have to lay some epoxy or polycyclic on it to seal it up.

What boy doesn’t like to play with fire :joy::joy:

1 Like

Nice!! I love it and I’m sure your wife does too. Enjoy!

1 Like

Nice!
California just got shut down. So I’m off at least next week. So I’m gonna out some can lights in my house and install a floor in the boys room. Yayyyy! Lol

2 Likes

They’re shutting stuff down here, stores closing early, national guard being called in to help restock stores lol.

Meanwhile, the wheels on the bus keep going round and round, more overtime than I can consume if I want it.

If you’re gonna be forced to stay home, may as well use that time for the stuff you never have time for.

Keep trudging bud, we’re gonna make it.

4 Likes

Strike while the iron is hot man. Thank god my wife can work from home. And we are saving a fortune on daycare and gas. So we are defo better off than some. But boy it’s gonna be tough being off work man.
I have ALWAYS worked! Even when I was a fucking junkie, I worked. So being off is gonna be a hard oill to swallow.

6 Likes

Was thinking of you yesterday, buddy. Hadn’t seen you around. Had no doubt you were doing great but good to see it nonetheless. Continue to inspire.

1 Like

Awesome! Them’s some fancy skills you’ve got.

1 Like

800!! :boom: nicely done. I’m shocked however, that it’s not carrot cake porridge :thinking: :wink:

1 Like

Whaddup mane. Yeah I still check in a read a little something everyday, but I’m mostly just living a content sober life, doing things I enjoy, loving on the wife and kids, occasionally decimating a pint of ice cream :rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Day 6 for me and that is a nice looking counter top.

1 Like

Almost to through that first week, gets easier and better as the days go by. Keep plugging along, no drink is worth the trouble it causes.

Thanks, came out just the way I envisioned. Reminds me of something my Grandma woulda owned, and she liked her nice things

3 Likes

Mine came out right too. I got caught, I fessed up and went back to day 1. That’s how it happened this time except this time I joined AA! So I am in a much better place than I have been for decades!

Thank you for the support, it means so much.

2 Likes

AA didn’t teach me how to not drink, they showed me how to live. Forever grateful for the rooms.

We’re gonna get there, 1 day at a time.

2 Likes