Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

no free mini bar I hope.

Just in downtown Salt Lake City. Name of the hotel is called Littla America, great place to stay.

I just woke up at 4:30 am and I’m having a chew before I go back to sleep! Hope you slept with a cigarette in your mouth!

1 Like

I try to plan as little as possible when I travel anywhere. I always like to just wake up and see where the day takes me. I will let you know if we do anything fun! Could easily just spend the day in the room relaxing, but who knows!

Checkin in on day 14!!! Haven’t made it this far in a while. Feeling good, a little drained but I blame the holiday season for that. I’m starting to think about new year’s resolutions. I had a baby 15 months ago so obviously losing the baby weight is number 1, but I am going to make some other goals for the new year. Have a super sober Sunday y’all :grinning:

14 Likes

So awesome on your 90 days Nat! Big CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Grumpy A-holes January 2020 (quitting cigarettes/ nicotine)

Here’s your chance to ditch the nicotine and be as miserable as you want about it with us!

3 Likes

It get’s better, I don’t feel and look like a balloon any more. And I’m hungry again :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nada!!! I did get offered a drink while they were figuring out the room situation. Happy to say it was easy to just ask for a water!

2 Likes

Better, thank you for asking :heart: But feeling a bit quilty about the amount of chocolate I ate :hugs: But there are bigger problems then that! And you Rob?

1 Like

Glad to hear! Be carefull with what you are going to eat, eat light food! :grin: So no chocolat for you my dear :hugs:

Erm…well…I had french toast with choc cream and jam :blush: far away from a light snack. But todays meal will be some soup.

1 Like

Checking in. Reading all these posts this morning has filled me with positive vibes which I thank you all for :grinning:
I will not drink today!

9 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy: Well if it’s still in it’s ok :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Crosses fingers :joy:

1 Like

Congrats on 90 days @Natnat. Treat yourself today, you deserve it. Thank you for all you do to help each and every one of us!

Congrats on 2 weeks @chanel313. Keep taking one day at a time. Those numbers are stacking up nicely.

2 Likes

Big up @Natnat, :tada::confetti_ball: 90 days sober!
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much Joy. All you wonderful people have kept me going. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Good morning friends! Day 11 for me! We arrived back home in Florida (from our Denver Christmas vacation with family) late last night. I should still be sleeping, but our cats are very serious about their schedule :slight_smile:

This is where the real work begins - it was easy to stay sober when surrounded 100% by the people who know my habits/history the most - my wife and daughters (and their husbands). Now I have to be accountable to myself as well. I will make it to a meeting tonight and plan to work harder this go-around.

I am feeling great, physically, since stopping drinking 10.45 days ago. I actually lost about 10 lbs during that time. I know that real health progress will be slow, but its gratifying to be able to see some results in that area.

Have a terrific Sunday - thank you for being here and listening to me and thanks for your patience!

18 Likes

@Lionfish, hmmmm what is the source of the person saying you should be less of a terrible person? That made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That sounds toxic to me. Just because we put down the drink doesn’t turn us into instant saints. We’re all human beings with flaws. Anyone expecting perfection simply because a drink was put down 1.5 years ago is off their rocker. I’m sorry, and I might be projecting due to my background, but I find this awful and dismissive to the work you’ve done. Try to focus on your accomplishments and continue to work on what you need to. Nothing is instant and it all takes time. I personally think you’re doing great :hugs: Of course I could be way off base, but my feelers went up girl lol. Hang in there xx

12 Likes

Haha, at least in my mind… little nervous, going to buy maybe one of my last packages in couple of minutes :scream:

Edit enjoy your stay :+1::+1:

1 Like