Closed - Checking in daily to help maintain focus #5

Wow @Pelicanitu Shane, you have done amazingly well and you have saved an incredible amount of money! Well done :+1::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
Somehow my savings donā€™t seem to increase on the app, it just stays the sameā€¦

1 Like

11 years is amazing. I am really struggling with nicotine cravings at the moment. I had hoped it would go away but it seems to be getting worse. Over 14 months nicotine free :thinking::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Day 7 down.

Had a friend come down to make my kids cosplay outfits for the next anime expo.

Her man is my ex band mate and we used to drink obsessively. He asked why I went offline on Instagram and I had to tell him Iā€™m done drinking and I struggle with messages of people inviting me out.

He understood. His wife said sheā€™s trying to get him to stop too. He said she forgot her ID and they were planning to go out. I think she did it on purpose.

We had cheese, fancy cheese, but before yā€™all think Iā€™m all show off, we turned on the Netflix fireplace show lol! To set the mood :joy:.

At like 12 at night I noticed him just anxious and moving and movingā€¦ he asked if we had drinks, I told him I do but I wonā€™t drink. He asked for a glass of whiskey and it kinda just made the room freeze.

His wife nodded and my wife watched me. I gave him a glass of a bottle I still had. And got myself a water. He calmed down but I felt badā€¦

Should I have done that?

They left at 3 am and we had a great sober time, well 3/4.

When they were leaving he told his wife, letā€™s get some beersā€¦ she sighedā€¦

I felt bad, he told me of another band mate I havnt seen in years, how heā€™s begging for change for beers on the street cornerā€¦

Today I made it through a funeral, I was worried cause taking a shot is customary. I went to the restroom during this time. I made it through this Friday. The devil is testing me.

Attached is a picture of my sons cosplay suit, heā€™s Vivi from Final fantasy 9. Daughters is currently being made.

21 Likes

14 months is incredible! I know how difficult it is to get there. Have you been craving all along? Or is this new? Are you taking in any nicotine?

1 Like

Day 13 here. I usually check in first thing in the morning but today I was up and hit the ground running. Ive been reading on and off all day but havenā€™t had time to write until now. This is a good thing because it means Iā€™m staying busy which for me is the key to staying sober. Hope everyone is having a happy sober Saturday. I hit 2 weeks tomorrow woo woo!!! :grin::grinning:

20 Likes

No nicotine at all in that time. I have had the odd pang here and there but in the last month or so itā€™s really been on my mind a lot. I have been having drinking and smoking dreams, where I am disgusted with myself for drinking but fine with the smoking and basically carrying on and just smoking the odd cig here and there (just one wonā€™t hurt! Although I obvs just basically end up smoking).

I have a phone call scheduled with my GP next week to review my antidepressants, so will bring it up with him then. I think stopping smoking unleashed some mental health stuff and I am wondering if changing things up might help.

3 Likes

This resonates with me. A lot.

2 Likes

Day 266. Checking in. Still learning daily, working hard to keep my head on straight. All the best to everyone, safe and sober holidays!

21 Likes

Interesting! Ask about Wellbutrin, if that is of a class you tolerate. I took it for about 6 or 7 months when I quit smoking and it helped me on both fronts. In the interim, walks and sugar free life savers.

3 Likes

Will ask about it, thanks! And definitely need some sugar free lifesavers or some local equivalent.

Have not been very active recently either which Iā€™m sure isnā€™t helping. Need to get some more walks in!

1 Like

I have every faith you will figure it out and move past this unsettling time.

1 Like

Day 47 checking in.

19 Likes

Day 727
Itā€™s almost 3am and I canā€™t sleep :expressionless:
I think I ate something wrong, I was on the throne so often today that I have problems sitting :sweat_smile: And I might die tonight thanks to my bloated belly and the amounts of farts I produce :+1:
Still got my humor tho :wink: Yay

20 Likes

Congrats on :100: days too sober twin!!!
Feels awesome to get a bit of distance from active addiction. Keep running in the right direction! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you for your support @no-longer-a-victim Tony! No doubt I spent a lot of time and money on my addiction until both ran out but in order to get my life back and live the way I deserve, I had to keep my promise to myself and put the bottle down. It hasnā€™t been easy of course but the amount of energy that was put into my addiction had to be put into my sobriety, so far so good. I hope everyone with their addiction gets the strength and courage I did and leave it behind them, itā€™s just something we used to do like picking our nose and eating our boogers, it did nothing for us and its grossšŸ˜

1 Like

622/9. I had another really good day today with my kids. This Christmas break Iā€™ve tried to stay in the present as much as possible. We went to the park, made slime, went to a coffee shop and sat outside looking at the clouds lol, scootering, skateboarding, hanging with family, watching Lost In Space in bed. Quality time.

Iā€™m happy to be sober and have been for some time now. But I keep getting told that with the amount of sober days I have I ā€œshould be less of a terrible personā€. Tired of living in groundhogs day. I really never want to be trapped or controlled by anything ever again. Yay for new beginnings and staying sober and staying out of the addictive, toxic cycle drugs and alcohol brings.

26 Likes
  1. Need to hurry so a quickie. Feeling a bit better. Was at a birthday party in a bar with an incredible amount of special beers on draught. Wasnā€™t tempted but felt a bit uneasy about asking for a soda (?). Stayed only shortly. Work now. Sober and clean. Have a good Sunday all! Love from Amsterdam.
20 Likes

Checking in on day 48.
Tomorrow I head home from my parents houseā€¦Which means, I made it through the whole Christmas holiday without drinking! Feeling really proud of myself and much stronger in my sobriety. (Practice makes perfect they say!) I was pretty tempted one day this week, when I was feeling particularly irritated with a family member, but I quickly realized that drinking would only make things worse in the long runā€¦So glad I was able to see that clearly!
I just got back from a book club meeting tonight with three of my girlfriends, and it was fantastic as usual! Lots of yummy food and great conversation. (Two of them drank, and two of us didnā€™t)ā€¦Bubbly water for the win!
Sooooooo looking forward to waking up tomorrow and heading home hangover free. I will need to do a little recovering over the next few days, (catching up on some sleep and unwinding from the busy, people filled holiday), but at least I wonā€™t be recovering from hangovers, drinking anxiety, and depression. So grateful to have this sober holiday season under my belt. :blush:

20 Likes

Fancy room! And nice view too, hope you have a great vacation!

2 Likes

18 days! I know itā€™s not a lot, but Iā€™ve never been prouder of myself.

27 Likes