* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Hell yeah! Now you’re speaking my language! Right there with ya boo. Sometimes you just have to astral project and spend the day, floating around the ceiling, observing your silly body, as it goes through superfluous emotional pain.
If at all possible, drop everything and immediately start laughing at yourself.
Being human is inherently stupid, and silly and ultimately we mostly fail at it. I know how rotten your guts feel, but you’re barely in control of those feelings and in all likelihood, they’ll pass soon enough. Sending all my Anti-HALTs. :heart:

I’m here for you 24/7

11 Likes
3 Likes

Day 19! Two job offers, another sober weekend is here, life is good. :+1:

23 Likes

Checking in on Day 38. Finally Friday, and a three-day weekend to boot.

Have a strong day!!!

23 Likes

Day 6 checking in. Had to take the day off work for a mental health day but now I’m just beating myself up about missing work? Never ending cycle, Jesus Christ…

12 Likes

Day 7! Checking in at 1 week sober, checking in here for accountability. I’ve also told my sister about my addiction and she has been so supportive and another great accountability tool! One day at a time :muscle:t3:

13 Likes

Yeah, don’t do that.
Mental health day = :+1:
Guilt complex = :-1:

That day off is you doing what you have to do to stay sober and be a better you. Thats rad! Most people let their ego get in the way of their own good.

6 Likes

Ryan, it’s ok to do this buddy. First few weeks if I woke and thought “I can’t do this” I didn’t go. Likewise if I got halfway through the day and had the same thoughts. I went home.
I appreciate this isn’t possible for everyone, I work for myself. But basically, at the moment you shouldn’t let yourself get stressed if you need you time. Whatever it takes man

2 Likes

Ariel, I hope you are having a good day off. Sounds like you have some good, productive plans. Hopefully you will have a big piece of cake tonight. :tulip::kissing_heart::birthday:

1 Like

I know what you mean,I used to feel so guilty about having a day off work,the money I wasnt earning,letting the team down,not being productive enough,I struggle to relax & just chill out which sounds crazy but pro ably has something to do with all the amphetamine I’ve pumped into myself the last 20 years!..sometimes though it’s necessary,you have to look after n⁰1. This is something I’m learning and it’s not easy

3 Likes

@Joey1 @MrCade @anon12657779 thanks for the support guys. You guys, and a long talk on the phone with my mom helped me feel a lot better about the day. Thanks again.

4 Likes

There’s more where that came from. Don’t be shy.

1 Like
3 Likes

Ha, keep coming back, we’re here for the foreseeable! :joy::joy:

1 Like

I just saw Vince Neil play last night.

1 Like

Got through another Friday. Day 10 down. :call_me_hand:t4:

13 Likes

Here’s a great editorial he wrote 2 years ago.
One simple but powerful quote:
All addicts are worth saving

1 Like

This is the song that gets me in the feels, especially now.

1 Like

Going to check my ego in this evening as I get ready for a Birthday get together for a few co-workers of mine. I’ve noticed that I have a very strong “Ive got this” attitude in regards to not drinking around a bunch of ladies who will be- for someone who can’t string along more than 50 sober days together. I’ve already announced to the group that I will not be drinking and will be leaving early as I have to work tomorrow. Checking In: Part 1 one of day 15. Hope everyone has a safe and sober Friday night.

20 Likes

Checking in day 5. Withdrawal symptoms starting to lift and i’m feeling brighter. Heading into the first sober weekend. Stay strong everyone :sunglasses:

17 Likes