* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Day 166
Man…that 6 month mark is approaching.
Woke up at 4am. I believe it’s time for coffee.
Have a lovely day my friends!

20 Likes

Checking in.
Day: 66.

Having a quiet morning of self-care.

I’ve got a face mask on, doing my nails, eyebrows and hair and enjoying my coffee.

Going to journal and read then putz around the house.

Have a great day all! :heart:

22 Likes

What are you reading Amanda?

Wow still checking in after nearly 2 1/2years. I actually assumed that long b4 this time things would beco.e the new normal, I can’t imagine feeling the need to.check in after that amount of time
.I am on 30 days, when will i ever stop having to think about not drinking, …far out

6 Likes

Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

@sprinkles
A novella by favourite author, Stephen King entitled ‘Elevation’ and AA books (Came to Believe, Living Sober, A Program For You.)

1 Like

Going thru my first day… Got 20 hours in and im kinda proud but very triggered!!

26 Likes

Congratulations. You can do this. And welcome to this wonderful community.

3 Likes

End of day 9. Awesome day with my little man. No urges at the theatre (a place I would always drink). Rode a giant Ferris wheel - staying sober seemed easier after the terror of those heights :joy: off to bed early…stuffed from the early morning walks x

15 Likes

That sounds like heaven, enjoy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Welcome Amanda!
Stick around, read around here…lots of good stuff.
We are glad you are here!

5 Likes

How quickly things become the new normal depends on what you do to change your mindset.
Accept this and life will be easier, but from what I can gather it’s best to always remember, for the rest of your life, what your relationship with alcohol is.
I’m 9 months sober and I don’t drink. I don’t miss it, but I do still get urges.
Well done on 30 days my friend. That’s awesome work.:grinning:

2 Likes

30 day check in.:v:

16 Likes

Checking in on day 45! Sober holidays Rock. Busy holidays. Pool. Sun. Beach. Awesomeness :beach_umbrella::sun_with_face::swimming_man:

20 Likes

Checking in day 138.

18 Likes

Day 218. Finally joining the Bitmoji gang. My husband said I nailed it, right down to my dimples. :blush:. Wishing you all a day filled with grace. :tulip:

15 Likes

2nd full day sober - I know it’s not much, but proud ive started this journey. I’m feeling committed, but worrying a little about the upcoming weekend…I’m trying to stay strong.

15 Likes

Don’t sell yourself short, we have all been on days one and two, even people like ray who has like 35 years. Those first days are also the hardest.
Your doing great you should be immensely proud of yourself. :+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::+1:

6 Likes

I’m with Pants, 2nd day IS great Alison! it’s one day at a time for all of us. Just for today we will be sober. Keep going like that and you can’t fail. When it’s hard come here. When it’s not hard too :sunglasses: Such a great place for help and support. Success on your journey!

5 Likes

I’m in my second day - I’ve heard from this awesome community that the beginning is the hardest. Stay strong, I’ll stay strong too. It will be so worth it.:smiley:

5 Likes