* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

As regards my question, no need to answer. Im so pleased to see those numbers, pleased to have got to know you. You are inspiring, fun, uplifting and great support for me. One year is a hell of an achievement man. Be proud of yourself and be kind to yourself.

With love
Hanna Banana :heart:

5 Likes

Thank You @SoberWalker, I have no doubts that you’ll get there and beyond. I think I’ll get a haircut today…

1 Like

Congrats Chris!! Love reading your posts man. Keep doing that work!

1 Like

Checking in on day 61, big week this week. I said Monday when I hit 2 months that I had a feeling my reward would be landing the job I really want. This morning I got a call from the company VP of Sales and he invited me out to meet him for dinner and talk about the position. I really do think this is the winner, and it’s certainly from the effort I’ve put in since day 1 of sobriety!

Stoked

18 Likes

Awesome, thanks! I completely agree with your perspective, but I am really interested in what it has to say. just ordered the book :grinning:

Hang in there. I hope the sadness lifts soon. You are not alone.

1 Like

Maybe you will find a way to shift gears out of this, maybe it will pass on its own. Maybe you will explore the feelings and happen upon a new insight or explanation. Maybe you will instead put your mind on other things and let this just be in the background. Maybe you will find a way to accept it, or maybe a way to change it. Maybe this is something that will cause you to grow in some latent manner, or maybe just an experience.

I don’t have the answers, or advice. It’s a hard place to be in. Here beside you mate. Keep coming and talking about it. I don’t give a winged turd if it’s a repeat, it’s real and you’re important to us, so that’s what matters.

7 Likes

@Eke I am loving reading about the way you are experiencing emotions lately. BIG GROWTH, pal!

@funnydad ONE WHOLE YEAR. You rock, my friend. Stay strong and stay the course. Thanks for the inspiration today.

@anon13078412 Gareth, wow, 90 days. That first 90 (well, up to 100 to be honest) was the hardest for me. Then it started to change and get different. Still hard, but different. You really are rocking it and I am so proud of your dedication.

Today is a kick-ass day to be sober, my friends. :bird:

6 Likes

@funnydad your presence around here is totally uplifting and I’m totally jacked for your year celebration. Wish we could celebrate in person with a big cigar (and some ice cream). Hmmmm, never really associated ice cream with cigars before…but anyway. congrats my friend!

6 Likes

Thankyou Ariel for your kind words.
Onward and upwards.:+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Awesome! Get it brother.

#SobrietyRocks

Thank you Kairi, you guys bring out the best in people…:slightly_smiling_face:

Good work gareth! Keep your pants rockin :facepunch::clap::metal:

3 Likes

Day cinq! :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Feeling much better than yesterday, now the fun begins.

My man, Keanu is playing hard to get but I know what’s up :wink:

8 Likes

That’s T. You’ve been a good friend on this road, one day we will have that cigar in person…true story, I had an old uncle 95 ish used to smoke cigars. One day I guess he confused his ice cream for his ash tray but only long enough to decorate it with ashes. Then he must have regained his wits long enough to eat the ice cream with fresh cigar ashes…

3 Likes

Thank you Rose, you guys have offered a lot of support…

1 Like

Thanks Man, I’m proud of being sober, yet it’s a long road so I’ll remain humble and press on…

1 Like

Checking in!!!

Scored tickets to see King Diamond this morning, so, today is ruling HARD!!! First workout last night in the updated home gym, feeling good about that. Lots of posi stuff going on!

Have a strong day!!!

20 Likes

Heres to the journey Mitch…we’re all on the same road and in good company…Thank You.

2 Likes

Congrats @funnydad and @anon13078412 !!! Great to see you both hitting big milestones :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you Lea, you’ve offered much guidance to many here with such grace and dignity and it’s made a bitter path much easier to travel. I’m happy to know you…

1 Like