* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Congratulations on the massive milestones @funnydad and @anon13078412! Excellent work :blush:

Day 15 Check in. My heavy drinking buddy is murmuring about cutting back, fingers crossed! She is also my workout friend, so we upped the ante in the exercise dept today, which is making me feel buzzy and on track.

Keep up the great work everyone x

17 Likes

Oh no. Sending you much love. I will continue my prayers for you. :tulip:image

2 Likes

Congratulations! This is really great and you should be proud! Many more years to come!

1 Like

I like what you shared about the grieving process. My addiction was all that I new. Uncomfortable to leave the world I’ve always known (no matter how lonely it was) and to embrace a new path; one based on reality.

5 Likes

I just wanted to congratulate @anon13078412 and @funnydad for their milestone achievements. Today is a great day to celebrate!
:fireworks:

4 Likes

Day 8 check in! Congratulations @funnydad and @anon13078412! You are inspirations!

10 Likes

Congrats Chris!! I’m so happy you’re here and healthier.

1 Like

Day 154.

Wanted to act out last night. Just one of those nights. Kept pushing the urges aside. Read some on TS. That helped a lot. Feeling exhausted. Finally went to sleep. Feeling better this morning. Glad I’m choosing a different life. Thank you everyone.

17 Likes

Congrats to @anon13078412 and @funnydad on their great work! Very inspirational and motivational. Me? I’m here to check it on day 9! Let’s GO!!!

7 Likes

I know exactly this occurrence of feelings. It’s like a flood of sadness and loneliness and just all around despair. I’ve had it since I was a kid and I believe that’s where it came from. I wish I had better advice… Do you ever meditate? That seems to help I guess. Also trying to reflect on the past and the ways it’s affecting me presently really help as well. Evaluating what in your life brings you Joy and and honest look at what is maybe going against what you want might be a good way to start. I dunno, I’m just as lost when this happens and it feels like there’s no way out when I’m in it. I’m sorry :pensive:

8 Likes

Have always admired your strength and compassion for others Chris. So glad to have made your acquaintance here. Awesome effort! Here’s to the journey!

4 Likes

Congratulations! :clap::clap::clap:

Well well done @funnydad Chris. Congrats on one full year. This is amazing🎊

1 Like

Checking in on day 51 :wink:

15 Likes

Checking in, Day 19

13 Likes

Day 2 and feeling great! Hope everyone else in the sober fam is too

15 Likes

Day 24 for the win. :grin:

16 Likes

Thanks, Mel. Means a lot. I care about you as well. You’re a great friend and an inspiration.
I’m being forced to confront some things I don’t really want to.

2 Likes

I love that you ask this question, if people go back to their previous answers they’ll see growth and that in a nutshell is my answer. A commitment to personal growth that I’ve not known at any point in my life.

7 Likes

Thank You, Liv. Your candor has been an inspiration to me and your memes are priceless. Keep doing you…

1 Like