* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

Day 136. Keeping it real.

11 Likes

Um… Steve… are you trapped in your bathroom? :open_mouth: :no_mouth:

For the love of Lue, someone help Steve!!!

13 Likes
  1. Check.
17 Likes

Checking in - day 16 coming to a close. I’ve been drinking way to much caffeine lately due to trying to stay up late to finish homework. It’s messing with my sleep cycle but I have to get it done. I feel a lot of grumpiness heading my way…this to shall pass in 7.5 weeks. End of semester…carry on sober fighters.

14 Likes

finally a mile stone in my life.looks like I’m going to be ok now :heart:Thanks everyone for the great words of wisdom and all the great advice.:grin::sunglasses::birthday::pizza::tea: Life Has Just Began :birthday:

32 Likes

Day 3 checking in!

11 Likes

I am dipping into some Buddhist principles in relation to addiction through Dharma Recovery. One of them is the idea that we all experience suffering, regardless of our material wealth.

I need to think on this some more myself, but I think it is helpful because by understanding that everyone experiences suffering, we can see it as part of the human condition. We don’t need to use gratitude as a stick to beat ourselves with!

The book is available online and free, if you’re interested. Leaving the link here in case anyone else is too.

Recovery Dharma thread to follow in the next few days!

8 Likes

Outstanding, Hunter! So happy for ya man. Congrats on that year :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats on a year sir…

1 Like

Yesterday was good. I was SO nervous about telling my colleagues I am leaving but they were all lovely. I knew they would be but I was still feeling sick with nerves. Anyway that’s done now!

Instead of a belly dance class last night we did a gig at a happiness event for adults with learning disabilities and their carers. It was so much fun. There was so much smiling and laughing. Loads of them got up and had a go. Especially the guys with downs syndrome, they just embraced it so much. Really joyous to see and be part of, hope we can go back and dance with them again. We weren’t expecting payment but they gave us a little something which will cover the cost of the venue for our next charity event, amazing.

19 Likes

I keep waking up here, and starting over again at the end of my shift. It’s like I’m caught in an endless loop. But I think if I organize and clean everything perfectly, maybe I can return to my normal life.

2 Likes

Day 337, no coffee :drooling_face:
Early out of bed. Going to eat breakgast at my son’s appartment. He has no coffee :cry: I think I’m not going to be awake today ever…
Visiting a small island today together and leaving Germany by 14.00. Hoping to be back in the Netherlands by 23.00. Hope we will because I have to work tomorrow!

19 Likes

Congratulations Hunter! You are right behind @funnydad! 1 year!! :tada:
tenor-1

7 Likes

25 Likes

Morning guys …checking in on day 291 …have a great day

Saw on this on reddit and it’s so true, sobriety and recovery is all about honesty ,and every minute is an achievement :muscle:

21 Likes

Awesome work my friend :+1::facepunch::muscle:

7 Likes

Thanks so much Fran. We’re smashing it!!

1 Like

Hell yeah we are. Had some awful relapes dreams last night and I was In a state thinking i must text Ark and tell him! So waking up this morning sober to that number :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hunter, well done. This is an awesome milestone my friend.
:star_struck::grinning:

1 Like

Haha. I had 1 of those dreams the other night. Was so relieved when I woke up :upside_down_face:

1 Like