* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

21 Likes

As usual the last couple of days i am late: Congratulations on 11 months. This is great!

2 Likes

Checking in day 9. Over this heat already :sunny::fire:

19 Likes

Wow. These look like the postcard from a beautiful dream. Nice shooting! :star_struck:

Congrats sober twin!!! 600 days and I spent it exploring the mountains of Asheville NC and then heading into the city for more fun. As time continues to pass I keep feeling the heavy darkness slough off of me. My lighter outlook from roughly 15 years ago is starting to return again. I might not be quite there yet…it wasn’t JUST the drugs/alcohol but also where I live(NJ) and time that made me cynical, agitated, sarcastic. While these are still parts of me, I’m finding myself a little more naturally in love with the world these days…it feels freeing and good. Yay sobriety.yay life.yay you! Congrats on 600 days🙌🏻

14 Likes

Feeling a strong urge to drink. It’s the weakest I’ve felt since starting. I’m going to retreat in my room away from the family to dissolve myself of all interest. Super triggering being around the family while everyone is drinking. Sigh.

3 Likes

Love this and needed this. Perfect timing. :raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Yeeeeeah,
I think I needed it too. :smirk:

2 Likes

Day 140. I don’t post a lot of self help stuff but I thought this was quite good. It touches on a lot of themes that come up in posts here. My artist friend who was bankrupt, depressed, completely alone, and who has turned his life around and is now semi-famous in computer graphics circles sent them to me. We discuss these things a lot.

11 Likes

Opted for this instead.

12 Likes

Checking in day 148.

15 Likes

Checking in Day 12,797

19 Likes

Checking in for day 12. Lots of yard work to keep me busy today. Leaving for travel tomorrow, hoping for the best.

13 Likes

Those are excellent videos! Thank you!

2 Likes

Day 20…just a check in. Today I did crave but I did not cave.

15 Likes
  1. It’s hard (and a bit sad) for me to believe, but tomorrow at this time will tie my longest consecutive period of total abstinence from alcohol since I started 32 years ago. I once had 270 days in 2002, but I wasn’t focused on sobriety like I am now…thanks to all of you who lift me up daily!
31 Likes

24 Likes

Nice numbers @anon2074485!! :heart_eyes: Wow! :tada:

Welcome here on this check in tread @Salty, it’s a great spot to share. Sorry about your dad, maybe you can be a example for him by not drinking. Congratulations with your first week sober :facepunch:

Welcome @Jessejames, awesome sober numbers, respect!

How did the party went @Bks?

Didn’t you go to the Netherlands @Eke or am I mistaking you by someone else?

That must be a double feeling @ChicagoT . I think about my “old” sober strech a lot. Had 5 years of sober days. Within one month I have 1 year again. But I have 4 years more to go to get past my old record. I do know I must not think this way! I have to focus on today, this day. But still mad about ruining my 5 years by drinking.
89d11357104efb8e3c694acc782823a3--focus-quotes-great-quotes

9 Likes

Totally understand why you would be describing it like this.
That reality check really hurts!
Certainly left me feeling dazed and confused, felt like I was stumbling around in treacle for a while!
Just like with the full body slam, the vision does clear, the mind does unclog and the confusion fades.
I love reading others interpretations of what it feels like.
:star_struck::grinning:

4 Likes

Day 342 :coffee:
Weekend!! :tada: One day only, but going to make that one a good one :grin:
Going for a city tour along the beautifull street art our city has collected. There made by graffity artists and has a theme according to the history of my city. Today we hear the stories behind them.
This picture below is one of them:
blind-wallsgallery-vivelevoyage-620x400
I know that one has something to do with the Black Plague.

19 Likes