Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Thank you… it was hard but now cleared the way to keep applying as know i can do it… i was not applying for jobs as thought i cant do it… i moved forward from that😁 good to hear your positive experience so helpful when people understand. Have a good day…

1 Like

Thank you my friend… only way is up :heart_eyes:

I really dont know. I never touched the stuff. Iced tea is good enough for me without souring it. I’m sure some people use it for the probiotic effect. You know what else has alcohol is mouthwash. I buy the non alcoholic kind but if the dentist gives me listerine, it doesnt cause me a relapse. Tomatos even have minute amounts of nicotine. Some folks can be VERY sensitive to minute amounts. I’ve heard as little as a thimble full… please be careful @Clarity also it’s necessary to sanitize well to avoid botulism.

1 Like

Day 4, camping in the garden was hard!. anyhow I’m sober and gonna get on with prayers and wim Hof breathing,then school.:v::fist_right::fist_left:

15 Likes

@Maria I hear u. The phrase ‘own worst enemy’ springs to mind. I would never be as cruel to another person as I am to myself. It is exhausting. I have to remind myself people r too busy with their own shit to spend time hating me!

@Fargesia_murielae Great analysis there!

2 Likes

Day 6.

I feel pretty shitty today. Watched a film on recovery yesterday and right after that, joined my first meeting. Probably not the best thing I could’ve done for myself, but we learn as we go, right? Felt really nervous for the meeting but I shared a little bit. All together is was too overwhelming I guess. Fell asleep pretty soon afterwards as I felt really exhausted. Life in my dreams is a lot more exciting atm than the one I’m actually living lol… Woke up tired, started crying and couldn’t stop for like 2 hours.
Had a phone call with my buddy just now. I think I’m feeling sort of better. It’s good to know I can give her a call at any given moment.

My critical voice is trying to pull me down, she’s such a nasty b*tch :expressionless: Also a little worried about my son who’s gonna come home tomorrow. I hate not feeling like I’m in control, although I know that very few things are under my control under any circumstance.

Gonna work in my veggie garden for now and do a bit of crochet later on. I hope the sun will provide me with some positive vibes and some energy. Probably gonna sleep some more in the afternoon. Happy Earth Day everyone. Hope you’re all having a good day. Stay strong. :four_leaf_clover:

20 Likes

Hang in there @Flamestar, you’re on Day 6 so please remember to be kind to yourself, allow yourself to rest, cry, eat, garden, cook, sleep, laugh… whatever it takes to get through this tough day, because tomorrow is a brand new day and it will get easier. You’re helping yourself more than you can even know right now, meetings are such a great place to be because that is where you will find more support and a safe place to share. I remember my first week and it was FULL of ups and downs, but ultimately, I knew I was on the “right” path now and self-love, self-care and self-compassion helped see me through, and it’s day 295 for me now and I am ever so proud of myself, and truly believe that sober life is my best life. Hard days still come and go, but that fact remains the same :blush::pray::heart: thanks for sharing, that is really brave and courageous of you!

4 Likes

Hi Steve; I could feel your pain while reading your post. I’m glad you’re going to see the therapist and back on medication. I truly hope and pray you find peace of mind and you and your sweet family can grow in happiness. :kissing_heart::heart::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :heart: Thank you, thank you, thank you.

My mantra for today is INSTEAD OF BEATING MYSELF UP, I WILL LOVE MYSELF UP.

Even though I don’t feel worthy right now, I know I am.

8 Likes

Yes! You definitely are! So much so! :hugs::heart:

1 Like

Day 10 no booze! Feels like it’s been months

11 Likes

yes exactly That. That is the question I learn to ask myself now. Would I do or say this to someone else? Would I expect this from someone else? Listening to the answer to that makes me mostly realise I need to take a deep breath or have a good cry.
Thank you for reaching out!

2 Likes

Thank you a lovely message😀 this forum and people have ensured for the first time i dont feel isolated in my sober journey. I learnt so much and am accountable good or bad… happy you found it as well fabulous resource… and can always get good advice any time of day…

Keep strong you doing so well…

2 Likes

Good morning TS people :sun_with_face: I’m feeling a little better today. I tried to edit yesterday’s post and I think I deleted it lol 🤦 anyway correction, today is the beginning of day 3. I’m really foggy and hazy feeling still but better than yesterday I barely knew what day it was. here goes another sober day. Stay strong and healthy everyone.

8 Likes

Thank you and rest is all I can manage to do the last couple days. Feeling a little better today :blush:

1 Like

I was beating myself up but now I’m just focusing on trying to feel normal again, detoxing is always the hardest part in the beginning.

2 Likes

Reached another milestone. :green_heart: I’m also on day 3 of a 7 day juice fast. I hope everyone is being kind and gentle to themselves today. Wake up early and give thanks for being alive. Do some morning meditation on your intentions for the day and visualize yourself in a better world, being the best version of yourself. Stretch your body out. Do some breathing exercises. Journal out your emotions throughout the day. Let’s use this time for self reflection and self growth.

Happy Humpday.

20 Likes

Thank you! :green_heart::heart::green_heart:

Good morning everyone

2 Likes

Checking in day 137. Short on words today but hanging in despite struggling lately. I can’t believe how much of a roller coaster of emotions it’s been lately, as I’m sure many are finding. Sending strength to those struggling :two_hearts:

22 Likes