Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Voila! We’re back in business. The old thread is here: Checking in daily to maintain focus #10

Check in here every day and tell us how life in recovery is going!

21 Likes

Day 10! After my anxiety attack last night I feel so much better, refreshed and had a good night. My next stop is 12 days, after that it’s all going to be brand new :scream::slight_smile:

34 Likes

Day 521. Today went a little better than yesterday.

I even did laundry.
tenor (31)

35 Likes

Congratulations with your :one::zero: days Cam :tada:
Well done!

@zzz go grab this sober day! :facepunch:

Glad you are feeling better @ifs :heart: I’ve great respect for all the hard work you put in to get a better life.

Day 570 :coffee:
Coffee, work and then…
WEEKEND!!
4 days off from work!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

24 Likes

Day 119! Pretty okay day today, I’m almost wrapped up with my finals so excited about that :grin:

23 Likes

99 days without alcohol. :white_check_mark:

28 Likes

Wow!! Triple digits tomorrow!! :trophy: But I like your 99 as well :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Day 9. So glad to be sober today. So glad. Kiddo got into a fire extinguisher and I was on the phone with poison control. Everything is gonna be just fine. Sober fine.:laughing:

22 Likes

another sober day. coffe and getting ready for a morning walk in nature with my cousin, lots of space for distancing in the morning. maybe the beach to have a dip in the sea for the nerve pain. Yesterday my pain levels were so freaking high. throughout my whole body, constantly. like I was on fire, rolling around in nettles and people pocking me with stick constantly. the whole day long. and then I know there is only one way to releive me for a bit. I could lay on the cough, stay with it and not act on it. finally I had some sleep, good sleep with bizar dreams, and the pain is little less. I did not drink or sugar binge. first step. but I need to work on this. my life is going to be like this. yesterday I made 1 phonecall with an old friend and worked my garden an bit. and that was obviously to much… this concept is to hard to grasp. all the future anxieties. when is my money gone and do I need to sell my house, and then, that is also stress which i need to avoid… where do I go then without people to help me… and then breathing, taking it down… sorry for the long post. But it just came out and is maybe the first step in accepting my life will be 100% different than it was and I hoped it would be. Nerve pain is a relentles spiritual teacher. but. sun is out in holland, all is clear and bright and I go for a walk without forward thing of the price I need to pay. Love and have a good day!

19 Likes
  1. We had the warmest April 8 on record yesterday. I spent some time after work with my best friend, the only person I physically meet atm.Damned it was busy in town, even without tourists, especially in the parks. Got me very worried about the near future. And everybody was drinking. No joke. Of course the bars are closed so the drinkers have to drink somewhere but it was still shocking to behold with my sober eyes.
    My friend also brought a couple of beers and once again said she’s sorry I can’t join her for a couple. She’s so smart and empathic and loving but she doesn’t know shit about addiction. I was tempted for a second. Never again is never again though. I also noticed some of the heavier drinkers with their bloated red faces in the full sun. Thank you very much.
    We did find this place on the edge of the harbour but still close to the centre where it’s quiet and the views are very nice and spent time there. Want to keep it private so not sharing the location. Place made me think of @Fargesia_murielae. He might know where we were :sunglasses: :ship: Have a good day all. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam.
35 Likes

Gooood morning.
Checking in on day 10!
:blue_heart:

22 Likes

Je verraadt t! Weinig Amsterdammers hier gelukkig…

3 Likes

Ugh i have friends like that. They have no idea

1 Like

Day 0.

I wanted “a beer or 2” last night. And a couple beers turned into I don’t know how many. Woke up feeling like shit, both the hangover and the guilt.

21 Likes

You’re here now Paul. Yesterday is gone. It happened and you might learn some from it. Today is here. Just for today and all that. We got you. Welcome back. Success.

6 Likes

don’t feel guilty your just like the rest of us, stupid but not guilty :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:.
You didn’t chose to be an alcoholic it’s just fucking life mate, So now we move on, your still here and you still want it, no guilt there my friend.

5 Likes

You’re back here now and that all that matters. You hit a bump in the road and you keep moving forward. Welcome back.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yay… :confetti_ball: :tada: Congrats @Fargesia_murielae, 8 months sober is a great feat. You’ve got this sobriety my TS friend. Keep on posting and sharing, your eloquence is admirable and motivation appreciated.
Thank you ladies, @Jane.c, @crystalclear, @CapriciousCapricorn, @Hopeful777 and @Lisa07, I can’t believe I’ve managed to stay sober for 9 months. I don’t know where I’d be without you guys’ inspirational. I’m learning so much here. :slight_smile::hugs:
Blessings and sobriety y’all!
:sparkling_heart:

35 Likes

thoughts and prayers joy, thoughts and prayers :thinking::pray::sparkling_heart:

1 Like