Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

Yay!! Thanks so much! :smile::smile:

Congrats!! Keep it up.

1 Like

Awesome job on day 16!! For me drinking dreams happen. Not so much anymore but they still do. I wake up sometimes worrying I drank because they were so real. That fact that I worry is a good sign because it means I dont want it to be true.

2 Likes

Perfect! Think the whole thing through to the end. If I drink now then tomorrow… that helps me as well. Keep it up you can do it!

3 Likes

Day 27. I’m impressed by myself. I’m actually doing it. Some things that would have left me gripped with anxiety are just sliding off my back like wet shit out of a duck😂. There’s still some fears to be conquered. Like driving… But it seems to be getting better. Had the HVAC guy at my house and paid some coin to get the system running again. Gonna need to save some serious money as its 31 years old. But that’s okay. I’m not blowing my dough on beer and weed and cigarettes anymore so it shouldn’t be a heartache. Take ‘er easy sober fam bam.

20 Likes

The relapse dreams are a real thing. I’ve had some that were down right terrifying. Almost like night terror stuff. Sometimes go through half my day depressed over drinking or smoking again… The important thing is to remind yourself its wasn’t real it wasn’t real it wasn’t real. Then do your best Goodfellas impression and “forget about it” It will get better. Promise.

1 Like
  1. It’s the king’s birthday here which normally would mean the biggest party of the year and the city filled to the brim with orange clad drunks. Would have been my first sober one if it weren’t for you know what. So no party, and I’m working an early shift anyway. Sober and clean. I slept better. I’m OK. Grateful I don’t drink or take anything else. Have a good day all! Love from Amsterdam in spring. @Clarity Yay you! A full month is big! @M-be-free49 I’m happy what I wrote meant something to you friend. Hope you’re having a good rest.
25 Likes

Just hit day six about 40 minutes ago. I started going to AA Zoom meetings last Tuesday and started talking with the man who would become my sponsor on the same day. For the first time that I can remember I actually have serenity. Everything isn’t perfect, but every day gets better even though each day has its own struggles.

This week I am learning about minimizing my ego and foolish pride so my Higher Power can restore my life so I can be a blessing to the people I love and the world in general. I am also learning the value of basing decisions on sound and proven principles instead of emotions (be they positive or negative emotions).

My faith is being rekindled and I am learning about myself and how to be humble and trusting of others, and letting go of fear.

Anyway, I’m rambling

18 Likes

I think I like seeing the day I quit more than the days. March 10th seems so much farther away than 48 days.

Hope everyone had a good weekend

17 Likes

Congratulations @Clarity and @FutureMrsBlythe!
1 month down! :facepunch: Happy sober day to you both!!

@4MMNC someone offered you drugs while you where talking about you trying to sober up from it? How sick! :pensive: Well done for turning it down!!
The using dreams are common, they call it relaps dreams. See the picure below:

Well done for your 1 week sober @M-be-free49!! White is a great colour to choose isn’t it :wink:

@Mno “woningsdag” it is :joy: I’ve been in Amsterdam during a “normal” Kings day ones a few years ago with my band. It was nice to play and make fun with eachother. But I have never experienced so much drunk people all on the same spot :pensive:
Saw young people fall flat on their faces and left there by their so called “friends”. It’s not my kind of party, I rather go to the freemarket and buy something I do not need from children :grin:
Have a good day at work Menno 🙋

9 Likes

It’s hard for me to think of myself as a hero, but I appreciate your kind words! :heart: I feel as if I was put on this earth to be a caregiver, especially in times like this!

Day 138! Good day today, got to hang out with my family for the first time in a while which is always nice.

18 Likes

Day 588 :crown:
Like Menno mentioned already, it’s Kingsday today. “Koningsdag” in Dutch and because of Corona they call it “woningsday” today. That means something like “houseday”. Because we have to stay in our houses instead of going out partying like normal Kingsday’s.
Normally I would go to the one of many freemarkets and enjoy the happy spirits of the people around me all dressed in orange :grin:
Today I’m going to work in the garden and catch some sun. Maybe do some studying also because I lay behind schedule :pensive:
But whatever I do today, I’m glad I do it sober :pray:

Alle Nederlanders hier een fijne dag vandaag, maak er wat van!! :crown::confetti_ball::kiss:

23 Likes

baby steps, it’s the only way. be strong. Have a peaceful day.

21 Likes

Checking in. :cherry_blossom:

Depressed but sober

23 Likes

Outside the grachtengordel (historic centre) there usually are very nice freemarkets and a less boozed atmosphere in Amsterdam too Claudia. Well today is all different. Enjoy your day! En Leve de Republiek! :smiley::sunglasses::netherlands:

2 Likes

I’ve only been in the crowded part :wink: Like the “Dam” and around it. Had not much choice in it because I was with the band :notes:
But happy to hear it’s not “all that” in Amsterdam, maybe I try it again but then without a big group of others so I can make my own choices were to go to :wink:

2 Likes

Waking up early on day 7. Feeling really good :blush: worried it won’t last but just trying to live in the moment and enjoy not feeling terrible for once finally. I’m trying to focus on my health and healthy habits and also living in the moment. My mind is always so consumed with wanting, finding, getting money for, and setting up buying pills that even though I am always physically present, I’m not here, I’m just on autopilot. I’m gonna take it easy and keep working on this sobriety thing. Have a wonderful day everyone. :smiley::+1:

15 Likes

Day 429. Took a bit of a break from TS which was needed but felt the need to check in today. Glad to see so many here pushing forward and racking up the days.

Ive been ok but as with most people lockdown has created some new challenges. A bit of bargaining going on but managing to stick to my guns. Id put a number of things in motion just as lockdown started. I had an initial consultation with a therapist booked and was starting to face some mental health issues head on finally. Unfortunatley Covid has partly put that on hold for now, but Im doing what I can. Meditation classes have stopped of course which is a shame but Im still practicing when I feel the need to, probably not enough tho. My 1 year ended up being really challenging and I feel like Im finally moving on from that slump.

Have a great day folks and stick to the plan :+1:

24 Likes

20 Likes