Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

Baby steps. One day at a time.

25 Likes

Day 33! I woke up bursting with energy. Swept, vaccumed, mopped and dusted the entire house. I used to take adderall for 5 years sometimes just to clean! I have sooo much more energy now without it!! With no crash and burn and no craving for benzos and alcohol. Amphetamines are the biggest lie. I love being healthy. I wish I had known sooner how amazing sober life is. Now I am going to work out and do my dreaded taxesā€¦ Happy sober day everyone! :sun_with_face::blossom::sun_with_face:

28 Likes

Day 2 and stuck at homeā€¦wanting a drink. Ugh.
I keep repeating ā€œjust for todayā€ and trying to stay busy with work.

17 Likes

Day 131

@Hopeful777 woo-hoo! Congratulations!

One of my co-ordinators is driving me nuts. After I found mistakes in the work he sent out for everyone to use, he sent out a self-congratulatory email ā€œworking hard to fix mistakesā€, dude, theyā€™re ur mistakes. This is the same guy who sent an email ā€œHey guys, Iā€™ve had this great ideaā€¦ so what do u think?ā€ It bothers me so much because I am so paranoid about making professional mistakes, and when I do feel so embarrassed, and this guy is so full of himself even though he makes mistakes all the damn time. I also wish I had the courage to point this out, but maybe that would be inappropriate in any work situation.

15 Likes

7M 6D / After about 2 weeks off the job, I finally got a call today asking for me to come in. Iā€™m going in and will be grateful for the work. Earlier that day I gave the go ahead to my girl to start looking for a position at the base where she works at. I have to start from the bottom again but thatā€™s never stopped me before when I was drinking. So, why would that stop me now?

My justification in doing this is that it will open way more doors for me down the line and Iā€™m finally taking the other step into the right direction as far as a career in the Guard goes. Iā€™m going to miss the job I have now though. Honest. Itā€™s full of good people who not only respect me but love me as a brother. Even though I was a foolish drunk, all of them were just as foolish as I was. They each have a unique story, pros and cons and not once did they judge me for what I was since I never once judged them. Even when they did something utterly foolish. Because who am I to judge anyone? Iā€™m going to miss all of them. Iā€™m also excited as fuck. Iā€™ve never been so determined and focused in all my lifeā€¦

18 Likes

Sorry to hear this but glad youā€™re back here. Donā€™t beat yourself up too much. Just move forward and learn from it. Massive hug :hugs: to you. :heart:

4 Likes

Eventually the bad guy gets real quiet and Iā€™m hoping shuts up all together. Stay strong. :blush:

2 Likes

A pretty productive day overall. I was busy from the start. Took a 15 minute break to pray and meditate in the sunshine. Finished an online training that has been a slog. Lots of phone calls. Got a 4 mile jog in too. Looking forward to a meeting in a few minutes. Iā€™m glad to have a reprieve from my insanity today.

26 Likes

Thank you. I just feel so bad. Let everyone down.

2 Likes

Im on day 2. Kinda feel the same but I went to the store tried to not think of drinking might go for a walk. How are you holding up??

13 Likes

Better :slight_smile: that urge has somewhat passed. Thank you for reaching out :slightly_smiling_face:. Itā€™s nice knowing other people are feeling the same. How are you doing?

1 Like

Day 542. Today was mostly eaten up by another dental emergency (complication after yesterdayā€™s work) and trying to treat it, deal with the discomfort, stay grounded mentally, and not feel too overwhelmed by the rest of my life not standing still while I fight this fire.

And now it looks like Iā€™ve got other symptoms that need checking by a doctor and canā€™t wait. Itā€™s whack-a-mole today! But Iā€™m remaining relatively calm, considering. I guess Iā€™m confident itā€™ll work out or something. Weā€™ll see whatā€™s up, tonight.

And hey, no alcohol required.

Edit: Doctor says hmm, watch and wait. Fun, right? :roll_eyes: But it at least means no emergency :raised_hands:ā€¦ yet. :rofl:

29 Likes

Oh no problem im doing ok itā€™s just a struggle and it sucks right now but i think Iā€™m a little grouchy but it will pass. I mean day 3 has to be better!!

3 Likes

It absolutely will be :+1:t3:

1 Like

@Jane.c thanksā€¦ yeahā€¦ it is going to take time again. I am heartbroken.

2 Likes

24 Likes

Just gonna leave this right here

35 Likes
  1. Yesterday afternoon in between the clouds and rain the sun came out just as I finished work. Right in time to take my bike and ride to the beach and back. I got home and it started raining again. Itā€™s about seizing the opportunity. Right here right now. Today we got to do it, yesterday is gone and tomorrow never comes. Have a good day all. Sober and clean. Love from Amsterdam and Zandvoort beach. @Quit4myDaughter congrats on a month! Thatā€™s huge! @Here.I.am Thereā€™s no shame. Youā€™re brave and strong for being here. Letā€™s do this. @ifs Thatā€™s a lot to cope with James. Thinking of you.
33 Likes

so far so good. one day at a time really is the only way.

26 Likes

164 Days: Been a while since Iā€™ve checked in so doing a quick check in before I crash for the night. Still here, still sober and happy for that. The monotony of life these days has been challenging to say the least. Thankfully spring had finally arrived here so Iā€™ve been able to venture outdoors a little more. Exploring some new hiking spots tomorrow. The local government is starting to lift some of the viruses restrictions on businesses here finally. My gym is suppose to open up on May 1 so thatā€™s definitely a good thing. Just keeping things simple, well as simple as I can, trying to find the positives in each day. Happy to be sober.

30 Likes