Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #12

Hell yeah the 300 club! Congrats

2 Likes

Itā€™s totally okay and normal to have a bad day, week, month. itā€™s usually in how weā€™re perceiving things that decides this. Often if we really think about it the problem is because weā€™re not surrendering. Say the serenity prayer, Iā€™m not in the rooms but i still use it.

3 Likes

@Butterflymoonwoman
Welcome back and great job on day 1!!!
It is always the hardest!!!
Keep at it and good luck!!!

Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! This will be my 1st sober Cinco de mayo in probably 15 years. Hope everyone is enjoying the wonderful weather :blush:

5 Likes

Oiijjj, great angels and spirits :netherlands::pray::pray::netherlands: do exist :revolving_hearts:
It is done, iā€™m for now thinking that the surgery went really good and catch up on some natural ZzzZzzZzzā€™s

Be well everyone and thank you all for the great support and remembering . Thnxxx , for beĆÆng there / here on the forum.
Wish i could call someone right away but heā€¦ cant have it all
@Mno @Fargesia_murielae @lisa07 @Beardy_McTallman @Butterflymoonwoman Mu9908 @SoberWalker @Dolse71 @Girlinterrupted @Jimieg @ nd all the other great individuals living the ways you chose to do !! BeĆÆng helpfull and kind :slightly_smiling_face::revolving_hearts::netherlands: you all rock , in many different tunes, and sounds but it really ment something to me.
Claudia je bent een schat and Paul, the card will find its way to me!!! Peace yaā€™llā€¦ I cant sleep due lack of the right and enough pain meds but iā€™ll make it workā€¦ mos deff

24 Likes

DAY 5!! First good day!

10 Likes

54.32 tomorrow on the smokƩmon go (stop) app?
Bless

3 Likes

Great hear it went well. Now for the healing process, hope it goes smoothly, youā€™ve dealt with enough :pray:t4:

1 Like

Day 548. Yesterday was my 18 months, but I lost my internet connection while I was checking in yesterday so I never posted it. Been having tons of issues today as well, so while I still can, Iā€™m popping in to say things are okay, still going strong.

20 Likes

@050Nl glad u r out of surgery safely!

@Beardy_McTallman Really pulling for you that u get out of this slump. I canā€™t give advice, as u seem pretty self-aware and understand what is going on with u. But I know that understanding and preventing are different. I have watched myself do things understanding why, but like it was an out of body experience or something.

Day 137
A rainy day, doing homeschooling, work prep, etc. At first I found staying at home all the time stressful, but seem to be getting used to it. Even the endless cooking and washing up I can handle ok. I am drinking a crazy amount of tea and coffee tho. I seem to be always supping on something. At least it is not booze!

14 Likes

Today wasnā€™t bad today. Just kind of sick of family asking me to do everything for them. And then when I just need a little help the responses I donā€™t know what to tell you. Just really feel like being away from people really family . Iā€™m not using so Iā€™m happy with that and you guys being around.

2 Likes

Day 1 for me again. Feeling sick for my mentality and body.

8 Likes

Iā€™m calling it 170 days! I feel like I am on autopilot. I no longer think about drinking, sobriety has, once again, become part of my routine. But Iā€™m good at routines, thatā€™s why when I drank, I drank religiously, when I quit the first time 5 years ago I racked up 18 months without much struggle. But I was stupid, I was an idiot, I thought I had it beat and I was wrong.

170 days ago I quit once again and once again the routine has been my strength. But with summer coming on, the stress of Covid life, attempting to date again (donā€™t get me started on that) and just being honest with myself I know I need more than just a routine. Iā€™m not sure what it is I need exactly, but I do know Iā€™m searching to figure that out. Iā€™ll let you know when I find it.

For now Iā€™m happy to be 170 days sober, grateful for my kids and thankful Iā€™m healthy.

For everyone thatā€™s struggling right now, my heart goes out to you, so miserable to feel like your stuck in addiction. Please hang in there and keep fighting. I havenā€™t been contributing much because I donā€™t feel like I have a lot of great advice to give, but happy to try and help in any way I can.

Thanks for all the support youā€™ve all given me. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay sober!

23 Likes

:confetti_ball::confetti_ball: all done and behind you!! Happy for you Joost that the surgery went well. Now focus on rest and heal! :pray:
tenor-3

1 Like
  1. Today our government is expected to come with a road map on how it will try to reopen society step by step. Iā€™m feeling a bit anxious about it actually. Change of the status quo is scary whatever the status quo is. People are scared to give up what they have, even what they have is hell on earth. Itā€™s why many people stay in abusive relationships way too long, either with other humans or with substances and behaviours they are addicted to.
    Life changes and much of it is out of our control. But at least this part of our lives we can control: We can not use any alcohol or drugs, just for today, and be a better person and live a better life for it. Have a good day all. Love from Amsterdam in spring. @050Nl Hope youā€™re asleep friend. Heal well. @BeckInReal Youā€™re here Beck. Learn from what happened. Keep going. @Hidden Congrats Chris!
20 Likes

Now you made me curious what a Cinco De Mayo is @Jmg :thinking: Can you explain it to this stranger from abroad? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ifs congratulations with your 18 months, hope the issues will sort out soon.

Sorry you are struggling @Beardy_McTallman but you are still here in stead of walking away from it with ā€œslamming doorsā€. You are handling things diffrerent then last time.
You are growing, thatā€™s progress, thatā€™s recovery!

@BeckInReal the only way is up :arrow_up: Make the circumstances as good as they can be: strip your house from your doc, fill the fridge with healthy food and drinks, buy loads of sweets (yes, you need them when you are craving is my experience :wink:), avoid people and places were your doc is (at least for the first 3 months).
Check in tomorrow and tell us how your day one went!
See you tomorrow!! šŸ™‹

Goodmorning @Mno!! :coffee:

8 Likes

Mogge Clau! :sunglasses: :hugs: :stuck_out_tongue: :heart: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: Have a good one!

1 Like

Day 597 :coffee:
Strange day yesterday. I made a walk with a friend in nature and organized a little picknic. It was relaxed and when we where laying in the sun after we ate she told me about her past and confessed me very personal stuff.
That made me do the same: I told her about my alcohol addiction and didnā€™t cover it up with roses. We talked about it and she asked questions. She was nice and seams to understand. But when she went home I felt restless and I had doubts if it was a good thing to tell her. Normally we hug and kiss eachother when saying goodbye. But because of Corona we couldnā€™t. So it was a bit odd to wave her goodbye after this day. Still feeling a bit strange about this day. Time will tell if I made a good choice ore not.

19 Likes

I can answer this one if you donā€™t mind @Jmg . Cinco de Mayo is kind of like the Mexican version of 4th of July. Usually celebrated with lots of beer and tacos :taco: . We will just double down on the tacos.

3 Likes

Cinco de Mayo, holiday celebrated in parts of Mexico and the United States in honor of a military victory in 1862 over the French.

I live in California so that usually means tequila and tacos all day :laughing:

3 Likes