Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

34th day of building new better life. I am learning new life every day. Life I knew when I was a kid.

34 days ago I thought it’s impossible for me. Days 1-7 were just horrible and easiest thing to do seemed to be grab a bottle full of % and kill the cravings/stress/anxiety/ fear etc. It did cost me a lot to reach 34 and each day I am very small step away from my ‘old life’. I am happy man now even though there is 1k + of these steps ahead of me.

Sending all of you alot of positive energy to go through the very first and any other shity days you will have on your way. Stay strong sober people.

15 Likes

2db5dac48b7904b304b0065f7673d866dc130187016b16313c7bbf7dd5f7b9e8.0

1 Like

This is so satisfying. No cooking required. Hard to not wax off the whole pan. :yum:

11 Likes

I’m so intrigued by your shares on this. Thank you.

1 Like

Of course! I’ll keep sharing for sure. :grin:

Aww wow! This book changed my life Lea. I feel like it has awakened my consciousness. What classes did you do with it? I listened to the course/conversations Eckhart did with Oprah on her SuperSoul Sunday podcast. That was very helpful and insightful. There’s one for each chapter of the book.
Also, there’s an Eckhart Tolle thread on here that @anon86726034 started that is dedicated to discussions and all things spiritual, healing & growth. I’ll try and link for you, if you’re interested :pray::blush::heart:
Another great book is The Seat of the Soul by Gary Zukav. It’s further insight into the same awareness/understanding and easy to follow. I love books like these.

Eckhart Tolle, cravings and identity

7 Likes

That number just reminded me of when I was a dispatcher for the sheriff’s department; the cars were numbered 690, 695, etc. It was a great job…:blush:

2 Likes

Hiya Shay :raising_hand_woman: You shared the ingredients… but what does one do with them? :thinking::pray::joy:

1 Like

I just realized 35 years ago today I got married, :see_no_evil::relieved:
It didn’t last but we stayed best buds til he died. :heart: received_589101421944566

31 Likes

:rofl::rofl: There you go!

5 Likes

Finishing up a successful day 16 at a meeting. Have a great evening!

13 Likes

I was just reading Glennon Doyle’s new book and she talks very eloquently about her marriage and divorce. She says that the marriage was not a failure just because they divorced, that it was successful in that it brought their kids into the world and they remained friends and co parents. It was very moving. Your post reminded me of that. I am so glad you shared a positive bond. :heart:

7 Likes

That sounds nice; he definitely was my soul mate.:heart:

7 Likes

Day 6. Cruising along. I’m getting my patients back. Things don’t tick me off as much and it is easier for me to communicate with my family. Despite so many relapses it is hard for me to believe that I would ever want to sabotage tranquility. Happy Monday, folks.

14 Likes

In a few hours head into day 44!!! Getting ice cream delivered with my girl lol pumped for the ice cream but in aweeee about these days in the bag . Much love everyone . Keep going

13 Likes

YAY!! THANK YOU Shay!! :pray::+1::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Checking in at the end of day 8. Been staying busy and in the moment. Making sure to take it easy and have fun. Not getting crazy with any goals, just resting and repairing with no guilt. Have a wonderful night everyone :sleeping:

14 Likes

Hi there. I just hit two weeks, and I, like you are doing, focused exclusively on self care. This week I’ll start engaging with a temp sponsor. I’m really glad I just focused the last two weeks on the basics. Feeling really good like I can up my activities more. Congrats on 8 days!

12 Likes

Day 596. Today went well. Got a bunch of things sorted that had been bothering me. Bring on Tuesday!

25 Likes

Day 194! Today was much better than yesterday, had a good day of work and looking forward to tomorrow!

19 Likes