Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

Congratulations on your 400 days @Becsta!!!

4 Likes

Checking in at 37.34 days. Spending the holiday alone, getting used to that I guess :violin: :roll_eyes:

I came across some pictures that I took about three weeks after the first time my stbx husband put his hands on me. My face was a disgrace. Still had a black eye and entire lower face and lips covered in bruises. It took over a month for my face to heal. Yet I miss him??? I can look at those photos with zero emotion. It’s taking all I have to not reach out to him lately. Of course he told me if my BPD was diagnosed sooner, he never would have abused me. To an extent I agree, but it’s still not ok. I just need to get to where I believe that now.

I’m so grateful for my therapist, because if I didn’t see him yesterday, I would have called Matt to hang out. When you’re so lonely, sometimes it just feels like something, anything, is better than being alone. I’m so sick of being invisible and alone on holidays.

Other than that, I’m super happy to be sober. Last 4th was a drunken bender shit show. So grateful to have my head back on straight and to be working towards a better life.

14 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

Until recently, I had a undiagnosed mental illness, which made me totally irrational and insane sometimes. And yet my husband never put his hands on me. Admittedly, there were lots of fights and conflicts but never, not once, did he touch me.

7 Likes

Can you share, I want a puppy too!

e84e3d4fb0aaef815cf887545f39acf3d2f34d28554c60eb12c7c4bacd8fb264.0

Huge congratulations my SA friend :ok_hand::confetti_ball::tada: I hope you have a great day

I found walking around Amserdam confusing enough (especially after a visit to a coffee shop). Couldn’t even imagine getting cycling right!

2 Likes

Day 24, began my morning with yoga and journal. Cooked breakfasts for husband and daughter. I rode my bike to my daughter’s house and delivered her breakfast. Starting my day with intentions to stay sober. It’s gonna be a hot 4th of July in Texas… 101°f. Everyone, be safe and sober.

12 Likes

A man is NEVER right to hurt a woman. NEVER. And he’s actually still abusing you by saying what he does. If he’s right to a certain extent that he hit you because of your BPD all the more reason the stay away from him. It’s him who can’t handle relationships. What he did is on him. 100%. Please get/stay away from him Beth.

12 Likes

Congrats on 8 days and congrats on sleeping 15 hours Jenna. That’s self care right there. Happy for you. Happy you can hear your own body and are listening and responding to it. Relax and rest. Doing good lady.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 9 months @RyanSA!!

1 Like

98e80b0f9a787d85dff68a8188c2326a9202a380b1b4eb0b66b4661deef5dc25.0

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right, I get this. I carried that bulls eye for quite a few days in a row. I think I’m finally rid of it for now. Sorry for passing it on to you. :joy:
Your ex pulling this shit insults your intelligence IMO. Does he really believe you would even consider this agreement? That’s just crazy!! He needs to lay off or suffer a huge financial burden in the future. But I’m sure he’s too stupid to realize the outcome will only benefit you in the end.

3 Likes

That makes perfect sense. Thanks for laying it out that way :hugs:

3 Likes

Here they went a bit out of line in the scnd protest wave. Drove thrue fences and blocked an airstrip and also local police stations were blocked with tractors so no cars could response and that part of the action i reject…

Further, quick check in. Unfortunately again forwarded to the hospital for more research couse “shit” still aint good :wink: later today on to a bbq with neighbours around the corner i just saw once while walking the dog… bit of a deal for me going to a place with nobody i know but i think i do have to put my fear aside.
@mno , hows life m8? Havnt had much time to keep up with the topics and forum. Also @Lisa07 , are you aight? @Girlinterrupted… sending you good vibes and @anon79808082 … how’s everything going over there. Last but(s) not least @SoberWalker and @Flamestar , alles ok met jullie ook ?

Bless ya’ll

5 Likes

I did not know about the police station part, I disagree with that action too. As for them driving across Eelde airport, I find that kinda funny, but that’s probably because there weren’t any consequences apart for the fence

f1061fbe45687ee6bcbd0e8048781fd86601ce133b6210f03216fe8a46555af7.0
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Doing great here; I hope your healing progresses hun, geesh.

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Continued here…

https://talkingsober.com/t/checking-in-daily-to-maintain-focus-15

1 Like