Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

272 Days. Working from home has dragged on long enough. My boss continues to take advantage of this. She called me at 6:30 last night and 5:30 tonight to handle some issues. This does not happen in the office. My work day ends at 5 and I leave without my laptop. Now that I’m home with 24 hour access, work never ends. I’m still considered new and afraid to push back. I constantly have to prove that I’m worth keeping, in the event staff is reduced due to covid.

31 Likes

I get it. You won’t find judgment here, only support - at least, that’s what I’ve found - take it moment by moment, and celebrate each of those moments… k?

1 Like

Missed half a year. Anyway happy to be here sober. :grin:

20 Likes

That really sucks but I hope you find a way to navigate this. Working from home can be brilliant for flexibility but that is definitely the down side, although I would also say that is bad management.

A couple of things - is it possible your boss is working more flexibly through the day, and catching up in the evenings? Could you call your boss at e.g. 4pm or schedule in set times for her to call you to check in with work?

I’m terms of proving your worth, that is a horrible spot to be in but I know it from the other side too. Can you find a way that works for you? E.g. I was chatting to a colleague about using Trello (or something like it) to keep up to date with where we are at while working remotely and on different projects.

Those suggestions may be completely irrelevant in your job and/or things you have already tried but putting them out there in case they are helpful!

3 Likes

200 days sober and clean!
Happines its not an endgoal…i rather live it now…
Bless y’ all

23 Likes

Checking in on day 12 :sunglasses: all is good. Wishing everyone an excellent day :grinning:

20 Likes

Day 189!! Today was up and down, but good in the end I think? Hoping for some more clarity tomorrow

18 Likes

784, checking in sober. Today’s been a tough day for staying present but I’m going to try again tomorrow.

Me to my thoughts

Edit

31 Likes

Day 640 :coffee:
Goodmorning, visiting friends for a few days at a holiday park. Early out of bed and sitting outside couvered in my blanked because of the morning cold. Sharing my morning with another early bird:

Tried a alcohol free wine yesterday. Mixed feelings about it. Why should I drink it? Thought I would feel more the “same” as my drinking friends, but it made me feel ashamed instead. My friend made a group picture and the only thing I was thinking about was: now everybody is thinking I’m drinking again! :thinking:

34 Likes

What a cute picture! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Checking in on day 14. I have ran out of :heart:s to give all of you beautiful people, so I guess that means its time for bed. :raised_hands:

Been doing a lot of reflecting tonight and I feel like its really important that I never forget where I came from and why I am here trying to stay sober each and every day.

25 Likes

Hi @Steak welcome here! You’re doing the right step. It’s a great community here, it helps so much… :blush: just stay with us, read here and there and write anytime.

1 Like

Hi @SoberWalker I feel you. In fact, you weren’t drinking, you had a glas of non alcoholic stuff, who cares if it was na wine, juice or water…the most important thing is, you didn’t drink alcohol! Don’t be ashamed, dear…now you just tried it, for you it’s not ok drinking na wine, bc it could seem to be a compromise, which is not…! You rock it, I so proud of you! I know you from last year, you are doing great!

5 Likes

Very smart and a big step towards a healthy way of life. Good decisions make for a better frame of mind for fighting the good fight. Keep up the great work.

1 Like

Too funny. Thats how fighting alcoholism feels. Yah buddy.

1 Like

Day 4 and feeling great my meds are amazing I wish I swallowed my pride before now and got help sooner but I’m here and greatful I got help from my local drug clinic… I’ve spoken to someone from there team each day and it helps to know I’ve got professional help I’m even up early to do some haircuts! For the past 6months since I’ve broken my arm and lockdown I get up and sit for hours shaking with anxiety today im feeling nearly normal! Happy Thursday beautiful people x God bless you all x x x

24 Likes
  1. My one day weekend is here. Happy I did a good bike ride after work yesterday as today it’s grey and wettish. Will visit Van Gogh museum, only 200 visitors allowed in right now so should be able to move about and really see some of the art on display instead of fighting for a view with all the world tourists there. Nothing to do with boozing and drugging except that I’m happy I don’t do that no more. Sober and clean is the way to be. Have a good day all. Love from Amsterdam.

@anon60334405 Happy for you friend. You’re growing. I might give this vipassana meditation a try too, sounds good.
    @MrsOdh You got this and we got you Sophia. Hang with us.
    @SoberWalker IMHO that’s just implicit social pressure you’re feeling. Nothing stupid about staying sober. AF drinks don’t work for me, maybe just because of this reason. You got this. Happy to see you. Lovely pic.
    @Natnat Yay you Natalie! You do your own thing lady. That doesn’t include stupid drugs yes. Have a great clean day friend.
30 Likes

Checking in, Day 352. My goal is to go to bed tonight sober and wake up tomorrow relieved. Today has been tough - mentally exhausting (all in my head!) and I’m tired.

22 Likes

Well done mate :+1:sounds like a great move. I’ll take a look at this Vipassana too cheers :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful photo :heart: sounds like you’re going to have an amazing day.

It’s really warm here today I just did some garden work before it was getting to hot. Now I’m making myself ready to do some midsummer grocery shopping. Have a wonderful weekend.

1 Like