Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

Day #7
No headache and dry mouth, especially no regrets after wake up. I hope sobriety goes along with me until my last day.
My work and social performance has boosted by 10 times. No piled tasks, no stress. Everything goes smoothly.
I hope you all enjoy your adventure. Cheers.

21 Likes
  1. A lot cooler today. Some showers around but will go for a (smallish) group ride, first one this year. I donā€™t feel very sociable, but I better do it or will just hide in my shell indefinitely. @M-be-free49 Thatā€™s a pretty accurate description Emm. It helps knowing Iā€™m not alone in this. Thanks. The pic is for @050Nl. Hope it brings a smile Joost. One day at a time friend. My love to all. Sober and clean. Have a good day.
25 Likes

223 Days: My emotional and mental roller coaster amazes me. I start to feel like Iā€™ve turned the corner and Iā€™m happy, but then I find myself back in the same place Iā€™ve been for years, feeling pretty shitty about life.

The problem is me, and I know it. This is a huge reason why I drank. To escape reality, erase my self awareness of how far away I am from true happiness. I like to bury my problems to pretend that they donā€™t exist. All this really accomplishes is preventing me from truly moving forward and achieving some real growth.

I need to do more, but part of me is terrified. Iā€™m not sure how to move forward. But Iā€™m not giving up, Iā€™m just stuck. Tired of being stuck. Tired of feeling this way. Tired of seeing other people be happy and always wanting that, but never doing what I need to in order to have that.

Iā€™m happy Iā€™m sober. Iā€™m proud of how Iā€™m managing my feelings and acknowledging them instead of erasing them with alcohol, but I need more positive actions.

I know I give one person way too much control over my perceived sense of happiness. As many times as Iā€™ve thought I was over her, one phone call, one glimpse of us working out and Iā€™m sucked back in. But the story never changes. I donā€™t know how to shut that door. I just know I have to.

But Iā€™m not going to drink, I canā€™t and I donā€™t. Iā€™m going to get up tomorrow morning and see what I can do to take one step forward. Blah! Sometimes life just feels shitty.

25 Likes

Day 199! Tommorow is 200! Pretty crazy how fast time goes.

21 Likes

Day 26. Feeling inspired so have revisited the miracle morning. Up early and feeling good. Such a contrast from last month when I was falling out of bed late morning with liver pains and a groggy head! Trying to harness my fear of going back to old problems and instead create a positive future.

17 Likes

Day 26. Check.

16 Likes

Checking in on day 22. Off to the lake Today. Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.

21 Likes

Jump in on day 37

14 Likes

Nice one! Well done, thatā€™s the way to clock up the days and feel good :blush:
May I follow your good example daily and keep sober.

2 Likes

The past is past, Carpe Diem, letā€™s create the future we long for!

3 Likes

Aw Chris; Iā€™m sending a big hugā€¦:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Youā€™re doing really well acknowledging those feelings. Hang in there sweetie!

2 Likes

Good morning friends, day 22! Hoping today is nice and quietā€¦ Busted my ass yesterday between work (on-call this weekend) and stuff around the house and yard. I was too busy and tired to even think about a drink. Thatā€™s the secret, I guess.

Have a great day!

22 Likes

Good morning everyone, checking in sober! A small shift in plans yesterday. My daughter was supposed to come here for dinner and a movie, but she got a large foot tattoo thatā€™s pretty swollen, so she invited me to her place instead. She cooked me a lovely dinner, it was such a nice time. I donā€™t even have the words to express how much I love her.

My stbx husband is coming over today to keep me company and watch a movie. That should be nice. We get along so much better now that we are split up. I probably do need to consult my therapist as to why I still hang out with him though lol.

Have a wonderful day everyone :heart::sunflower:

16 Likes

Day 491. Had a really nice start to the day. The bassist in one of my favourite bands posted on his IG about sobriety so I sent him a message. We ended up having a little chat which was lovely. Have a great day all :+1:

19 Likes

One of my all-time favorite footballers. Heā€™s the reason I played out on the wing, and why I was always more pleased with delivering pinpoint crosses than I was scoring goals myself. Nothing like sending in a perfect pass to set up a goal and you give eachother that little nod after making the connection.

4 Likes

I can so relate to your post; to see it in words made me think of why I do that also. I called her the other day and it was probably a couple months since my last call. My sister lives down the street from her so she does all the heavy lifting; sheā€™s 86 I think now and I really should get up there to see her soon. :heart:

4 Likes

Day 750 alcohol free

I donā€™t have anything to say ā€“ just 750 is a nice, clean number.

A few things to take care of but I am looking forward to another quiet day. Iā€™ve had a hankering for 80ā€™s fare this morning, so later Iā€™m going to watch ā€œFast Times at Ridgemont Highā€ or ā€œPretty in Pinkā€, havenā€™t made up my mind yet.

Aloha, Spicoli.

25 Likes

That sounds like fun; lots to choose from. I came across ā€œFootlooseā€ the other day; so fun to watch the actors so young too, lol

2 Likes

Such a great player, I loved reading about him going back this morning. I had a conversation with a friend the other day about how it would be cool if premier league players went back down the leagues as they retire. And they could do it like a draft. I love the idea of my team ending up with a 40 year old worldy :sweat_smile: Rather than them just quiting with $$$ in the bank or heading to China, Qatar etc for one last massive payday. It would be a nice way to hand down to the lower leagues and would improve the quality overall. Itā€™ll never happen of course but a nice idea.

3 Likes

And @TMAC My utlimate come back kid was Frank Rijkaard ('93/'95). Johan Cruijff coming back to Ajax in 1981 was pretty cool too, but he needed the money and played for Feyenoord afterwards.

5 Likes