Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #14

Breakfast Club! Or Ferris Bueller?

3 Likes

Checking in on day 2.Hope everyone has a good Sober day :v:t2:

10 Likes

The problem is me, and I know it. This is a huge reason why I drank. To escape reality, erase my self awareness of how far away I am from true happiness. I like to bury my problems to pretend that they donā€™t exist. All this really accomplishes is preventing me from truly moving forward and achieving some real growth.
You are already moving forward. What you say resonates in me. I, too, am waiting for happiness rather than making happiness happen. Continue the struggle, dear one.

6 Likes

Getting sober is easy bc at night when I close my eyes drinking is over its the staying sober thatā€™s hard.
How true, not only do this with alcohol but also cigarettes and sugar and chocolate andā€¦ staying clean from all addictive products is tough. Right now is all I have, and I need to stay now so I donā€™t lose my focus on sobriety. Keep reaching out.

2 Likes

still soberā€¦

22 Likes

Checkin in day 49!!!

14 Likes

ce3d70eea0633abb664ca37c7fa3620971a95dc8bdc8d64f5832521f5e89a441.0
:kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

Watched both recently, so out of the running for today! But a pair of 80s (and all-time) greats for sure. Timeless high school movies.

Fun fact that many donā€™t know - John Hughes shot both of those movies at the same time, in the same high school, to save money. I think the exterior shots of the schools are different places, but the inside shots were the same building just different wings.

3 Likes

Checking in. I have back pain again. Canā€™t move much. In the past I always drank more to deal with pain. But I am not doing that today. Alcohol is not medicine and self medicating is a bad idea. Itā€™s taken me many years to acknowledge those things and I still need to work hard to hold onto that awareness.

13 Likes

**nevertheless I simply canā€™t get myself to pick up the phone **

when we are wanting to connect with other people It is called ā€œbeing humanā€. Love and compassion and caring for other people are human traits.
So this is when I have to get out of my head and NOT make a list a phone calls I HAVE TO MAKE but to use my heart and tap into the care, love, compassion and gratitude I feel for the other person on the other end of the phone. Compassion is reaching out to someone with love and care, and be willing to let them off the hook. No matter how they got there. Without expecting anything in return.

6 Likes

Checking in. Living life sober is THE ONLY WAY TO GO FOR ME. Thank you Lord! Iā€™m not where i want to be but Iā€™m not where I use to be.

9 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s powerful stuff there! Thank you for sharing!!

and USA cough cough!
Although thatā€™s becoming less and less the case.

I know what you mean though. Love when legendary players decide to go back to one of the smaller clubs in the home country to finish their career, especially if itā€™s the one they started at.

In MLS there was a player called Clint Dempsey (you may know him as he got good enough to go play in England for a bit - a rarity for American players 15+ years ago - Fulham for a good stretch, and then a very short stint with Spurs).
He started at the club I support, I remember how special it was watching him. Incredible player. Then he went to England like I said, but eventually came back to MLSā€¦not for us, though. The team in Seattle. He won some championships there and heā€™s since cemented himself as an MLS legend, probably top-10 all time in the league.

But I always appreciate that he came back and was a huge part in driving the league towards where it is now.

2 Likes
  1. Iā€™ll be here for the night :slightly_smiling_face:

33 Likes

That looks beautiful. Enjoy it Dan.

1 Like

Day 7 today had a lovely time with my partners family today itā€™s so great we all get on they all know about my addiction as Iā€™ve been with my partner for 5 yearsā€¦ it was lovely to turn up with flowers and presents and not being off our nuts !!! Everyone said how well we look and comment how we have changed our lifes around I feel a bit bad that they donā€™t know about my relapse but Iā€™m just so greatful i got straight back to recovery. Itā€™s so lovely to be around family and not hide away in addiction I feel truly blessed today x

24 Likes

Looks awesome! Your little one needs a step to get on the steps, lol! Enjoyā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heā€™s a good climber :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, Iā€™ll check that out. Never heard of it before :blush:

1 Like

Dan, thatā€™s the difference between a mom and a dad, lolā€¦ our different comments, :grin:

2 Likes