Checking in daily to maintain focus #15

Congratulations :partying_face::+1:t2:
Welcome in the 2-years-club :grin:

Congrats on the big 90 @RX24!! How exciting that it falls on the 4th of July. Itā€™s like everyone is celebrating with you.
fireworks

3 Likes

Congrats on 2 years! Hoping your 3rd year is a breeze.
d04c8e2ad51439e5bd7be83fd3b0ecdca73f240346c926455481aff2a9f95981.0

2 Likes

Day 8 sober. I feel motivated although my moodiness is growing this days

24 Likes

This cracked me up! Iā€™m picturing a mosquito
protest and youā€™re their target. :joy: :joy:

Seriously though, your connection with nature has been a blessing for your sobriety. Keep armed and keep at it.

4 Likes

@M-be-free49 Superheroes only exist in fiction. U cannot do everything for someone, and shouldnā€™t feel guilty. I think u need to decide some boundaries, what is possible for u to do and then guiltlessly stick to them.

@Sam7 People being worried about u is a good thing. I understand wanting to keep personal problems between u and a psychiatrist, but that means a lot of putting up walls between visits. U donā€™t need to spill all to everyone, but how about choosing one or two peopie closest to u or most likely to understand, and letting them know a little? Whenever I have told a little of what is going on with me the sense of relief is enormous.

6 Likes

96 days without a drink. I havenā€™t wanted or craved a drink in weeks. I do still sometimes get restless irritable and discontent but in those times I read out of the book or pray and get my :heart: in the right place then it all goes back to how it should. Happy Independence Day ā€˜Merica :call_me_hand:t2::us::firecracker::bomb::rocket::surfing_man:t3:ā€ā™‚

29 Likes

Came across this and had to share because itā€™s so real.

Iā€™m all for positivity, love and light but itā€™s entirely too unrealistic to be this way all the time. I wouldnā€™t even want to be like that all the time. Some therapy can come out of sadness, anger, hopelessness, emotional eating, etcā€¦ itā€™s a contrast to the good days and keeps us reminded of our lows, giving us a point of reference to appreciate the highs.

22 Likes

I agree Shay, itā€™s impossible to be happy all the time. We need to learn and grow from all experiences, both good and bad. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Halfway to a month!

Today I either respected my boundaries and stood up for myself, or was obstinate and cut my nose off to spite my facešŸ˜‚. Either way I did it sober.

It has been about three months of improved eating patterns and I feel my body is learning natural cues again. I ate a lot at dinner last night (vege curry, so I donā€™t count as a binge, and not binge volume anyway) and this morning I woke up not hungry, whereas usually eating a lot triggers a ā€œeat more and more and moreā€ response. Really happy about that.

21 Likes

Day 256.

Josie is in her safety crate, until the fireworks cease :flushed::boom::dog::heart:

I think sheā€™s settling down :point_down:

27 Likes

Day 18. Spent a nice day with my family today then had a relaxing evening at home. Feeling really grateful at the end of this day. I definitely would have isolated today if I were not sober.

22 Likes

Really awesome to see this - congrats!

1 Like

Aww! Poor Josie. Fireworks are going off like crazy and my dog wants to sit outside and watch.

2 Likes

I have never heard of a dog liking fireworks :sweat_smile: Why am I not surprised :thinking::joy:
Josieā€™s hearing is really bad, so I thought I wouldnā€™t have to cocoon her this year. Perhaps the vibrations impact too :woman_shrugging:t3: Much more activity in our neighborhood this year. Another Covid-19 Fallout I guess. Anyhoo, not long to go now, I hope x

4 Likes

Poor baby :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Sheā€™s right next to me and is settled now. Sheā€™ll let me know when sheā€™s ready to escape her temporary quarantine :crazy_face: She used to bolt, and weā€™d have look in every nook and cranny to find her. She found me this time :+1:

5 Likes

Better. Still sober. The walk was just what I needed, and I came home to find a ton of support here. Thank you, thank you. I also had an email that the music fest (cancelled) that I usually go to in July was having another virtual concert tonight - 2 artists - one in Iowa and one in Ireland, 8 or 9 hours apart in timezones!, so I tuned in over zoom while making dinner, and about 150-200 people in all kinds of time zones did too, dancing away in their homes. It reminded me of TS and how spread out we are but here for each other. Grateful for you all.

And I made a new mason jar flavour of sparkling water I hadnā€™t tried yet - watermelon rosemary. It is pretty effing goodā€¦ :wink:

@Fromdayone Thank you so much for your compassion. Ironic, really - when weā€™re feeling failure, it seems counter-intuitive to go easy on ourselves (which isnā€™t the same as approaching the situation with corkscrew in hand, sigh), but I think itā€™s just what I needed. Thank you againā€¦

@Misokatsu Thank you, and I get it re: boundaries, but my Mom without dementia would never make these asks of me. Iā€™m still finding the balance between being there for her and taking care of me, but itā€™s like steering a car - constant adjustments. Even more ironic, I think my parents would freak out at me if they knew I felt like I was letting them downā€¦

@Lisa07 Oh, like you and @CapriciousCapricorn - I was a target! For mosquitoes, thankfully, and not exhusbands (grr, sending hugs and resilience for that one). You are right, being in nature will be important for me as I chart this new world of sobrietyā€¦ thanks for getting it and me tooā€¦

M :orange_heart:

17 Likes

I need one of those for my pup. Heā€™s having a rough night with my crazy neighbors setting off illegal fireworks in the neighborhood!

2 Likes

Awwww, scared dogs are the worst! You just wish you could make it end for them, you know?

I used to love fireworks until I got a dogā€¦ :laughing:

I hope she has recovered!

2 Likes