Checking in daily to maintain focus #15

Oh, I think I would do sooo much better at “sitting with myself in non-judgmental self-awareness” if I could chuck rotten wood around at same time! Thank you - that was the belly laugh I needed :laughing:

You bring up a good point, though - I’ve always come away from splitting wood (with an axe) feeling pretty good… alas, I have no wood stove here, and so I must resort to downward dogs and returning to my breath and all, but its just not the same…! :relaxed: :pray:

Mmm lavender syrup - keep me posted!
Sending you strength for these days. Thank you for being an example for me…
M :orange_heart:

2 Likes

Was utterly and completely exhausted, which is often when I think a drink is ok. Was visiting friends with whom I have had drinks before–never pushers and they are all th e kinds of folks who only have a couple and at parties–and said no when offered. Had a wonderful sober time with them! I declined the bonfire because I realized that I need to put my mental health first and sleep is pretty much step one for me. All in all a day that I can be proud of on the sobriety front.

8 Likes

e84e3d4fb0aaef815cf887545f39acf3d2f34d28554c60eb12c7c4bacd8fb264.0

1 Like

23 Likes

289 Days. Got up today and the forecast was sun all day. Yay! I had an awesome AA zoom meeting then took my daughter to the pool. We’re having a nice day, I jump on the TS meeting and out of nowhere comes a storm. Tried waiting it out in the car then decided to head home. As soon as we got changed, the sun comes back out. I should have stuck it out just a little longer. Oh well, I guess we’ll try again tomorrow.

Tonight, we enjoyed a great firework display with the help of all the neighbors. They are not legal but all the public displays were canceled so this was the next best thing. The new neighbor directly across the street got down on one knee and proposed to his gf. She starts crying (happy) and comes running to show us her ring. Young love is so sweet.

All in all, a good day considering this is my 1st sober Independence day. I didn’t even think about drinking but then again, there were no drinking opportunities presented.

25 Likes
  1. Coffee. Work. This is turning into a more typical old fashioned Dutch summer. I’m OK with it. As long as I get to bike to work without getting wet now. I will be sober and clean anyway. Have a good Sunday all. Love from Amsterdam.
25 Likes

Godmorning from the Swedish west coast.
Been at my cousins first communion yesterday, it was really nice. Still sober and the weather is still pouring rain and really windy. Didn’t have a chance to go to the beach, but we’re going today anyway. Going home this afternoon. We had a quick walk through town when we arrived Friday. I haven’t been here before and had no idea that there was a bar streak on the main street. It was a bit tempting at first, for a few minutes I wished that I could go in take a glass of champagne. Yep they had a special wine bar only, and walk out. But the apartment we’re sleeping in is located very close to the bar streak so when the bars started closing and all the drunks was rambling around in the rain in the middle if the night I was so greatful that I wasn’t one of them.

Missing my husband and my youngest who’s back home, but we’re going home this afternoon so all is good here :blush:

18 Likes

Day 207! Really great 4th of July! Went swimming and just chilled out with some good friends. Looking forward to tomorrow!

20 Likes

I’m ok @050Nl, thank you for asking! Still sober and heading my way. One week of work ahead and then 3 weeks off. Going for a short vacation in Germany for 1 week. Have to get out for a while. Also finally got my appointment for my sleeve tattoo. But because of the waiting list I have to be patient (not one of my talents :hugs:)
In september I have my first tattoo appointment of 6 in total :grin:
I’ve read you have still some medical problems :pensive: Sorry to hear. Hope they can help you with that. My hearing sucks at the moment. I have bad ears for all my life but last 2 years it’s getting worse. Operation was suggested but is a big risk too. But the longer this continues the faster an operation comes in sight.

Day 657 :coffee:
Going to visit my mother in law today. Getting her some groceries en help with her garden.
Try to make a walk today but depends on the wether too. I’m ok, but a little emotional some days. A lot of changes at my work.
What also was triggering was a appointment at a goldsmid to make my friendship ring fit again.
That ring my father paid for us. He and my mother paid for the wedding ring when my brother got married. Shortly after that my mother died. Because he want’s to do things equally, he paid our rings too.
But when he cut us away from his life a year or so later I refuges to wear my ring because of it.
It made my partner sad. I try to wear it again but it’s too small now so I brought it to someone to fix it. It was a special meeting. We talked about our difficult parent relations. She with her mother, I with my dad.
It was emotional and healing for the both of us!
Now she is fixing my ring and I hope I can wear it again without angry feelings. I hope my love for my friend and our 3 kids rule above the fact my dad paid for this ring. It has to symbol that, not my dad :pensive:

Picture from a walk a week ago :wink:

20 Likes

Good morning everyone :heart_eyes: checking in on day 29 on this beautiful sunny Sunday near Munich. It’s going to be hot :sunglasses: and we are going to the lake. Our area has the most beautiful lakes… Had the neighbors over for a bbq yesterday and thank God she doesn’t drink. With him I can put up since he drinks with my husband. One technique I learned in the last months is to go the whole night through my head. What I drink. Eat. Etc… It’s so much better like this. So I wish you all a great sunny day. Enjoy your Sunday sober because like this it’s the best :sunflower::sun_with_face::sunny::cherry_blossom::hibiscus:

17 Likes

Day 608. Thinking about moving. We’ll see.

21 Likes

Day 179.
Last night I met up with some friends and we played Dungeons and Dragons. My first time playing.
It’s not really my thing. I didn’t really fit in that group.
I was glad when I got back to my car…
My sunday started a lot better! Cuddling and waking up with the girlfrien, had breakfast, coffee… and this afternoon marathon of my favorite movies. Jumanji!

Have a great sober subday guys and girls!

17 Likes

Good morning friends - day 29!
Had a nice day yesterday - was busy with some work stuff, but then spent the rest of the day cleaning around the house (all the bathrooms, all the floors, etc…)…
Our oldest daughter and her husband came for dinner to celebrate her birthday. That was a nice visit. We talk with her just about every day, but we only get to visit in person every couple of weeks as they live in the next county south of us. Her favorite dinner (pot roast with mashed potatoes and gravy) is also my favorite, so it was a double win. She requested her mother make that for dinner.

Have a great day - I’m off for a walk (maybe a little run, but my knees are getting to be as old as I am).

24 Likes

Glad you had awesome day with your daughter. :clap: I can relate about cleaning and knees hurting. The years go so quick. Have a blessed day! Congratulations on day 29!

2 Likes

My dog was a flat out hot mess too. I thought she was going to spontaneously combust. I thought she would be a bit more thug after the riots, but nope.

We were outside going for her night night potty and a firework went off right near us, and she lost her damn mind. That was it, had to carry her inside. If she got off her leash she would be gone. Another dog right by us was just like super chill, I was in awe lol.

8 Likes

Checking in at 38.29 days. Nothing much to report. Just a quiet weekend. Have a great day everyone.

22 Likes

Have stopped counting the days.

Came on here after a break and see that it is nearly 6 months.

Had some massive triggering/craving moments and days, but seem to be able to ride it out by keeping busy, eating, working and sleeping.

I do wonder if I will ever be ‘at peace’ with being sober, but I am happy that I have nothing to hate myself for anymore.

18 Likes

26 Likes

Happy Sober Sunday, TS. Checking in: today is Day :one: :eight: :zero:!!! That is 6 months - the longest I’ve been without alcohol in decades.

We have in-person AA meetings on a limited basis, and I was able to get this:

Thanks for all your support - here’s to the next 6 months!!!

28 Likes

congratulations, keep up the good work

1 Like