Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

I think me and @Olivia agreed that you’re definitely HoneyBee. But I’ll alternate between that and sugar :blush:

And yes, the southern drawl is my favorite American accent. I wish I could speak like that but I can’t. I’m stuck with my Swedish accent with a touch if U.K English because that’s what we learn in School here. But I might not be objective about the accent thing, I’ve got all my American friends and family just outside Memphis, in the South. And I speak “Farmers Swedish” because I’m raised at the country side of “farmers County”

The Mary-Beth issue might be funny, I think so most people doesn’t. He just got a new girl working with him she’s 20 something and now the entire workplace calls her Mary-Beth, she’s not impressed :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you Dan. Watching him actually makes me despise alcohol (and him). The actions and smell disgusts me.

2 Likes

3f6163ca702246612d88ed6eef35ccd1a3cd45466c2287fe8b718fe47d830daa.0

1 Like

I’ll take what I can get. I’ve been called worse. Grew up with a Boston accent from growing up in Boston area. Got a tad of an English accent when I lived in London. Moved to Texas and after 36 years lost the haaad Bahstin accent. Now in AZ and people say my accent changes to the place I’m at. I don’t know.

And I can understand the person being a bit upset about being called Mary Beth. But I still think it is funny. :rofl:

Halve a nice sober day. I did.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Thank you HoneyBee, it’s morning here I just got up. School group project starts today,but first I need to take the boys to school.

My husband does also change his dialect from where he goes he’s working across our entire country and you can usually hear where he’s at by the way he speaks. And if he’s spoken with his sister lately (then he changes it up to a bad version of Swedish, because his family speaks Serbian)

London is amazing, but I prefer the American South, weather is better, and people are more helpful. Never been to neither Texas or AZ but I really want to go to Texas someday.

1 Like

Thanks Joy. I always admire your success.
Appreciate it.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

Thank you @Fargesia_murielae. You’re right, I’m going to keep doing me. I’m determined to make 1 year and beyond. I’m not letting anything or anyone bring me down. I’ve come too far.

1 Like

Everything is definitely bigger in Texas. Not necessarily better. Once the kids moved we got the hell out because it’s too hot. 9 months of summer. But Austin Texas, “the music capital of the world” where we raised our family was a great place for us. The wife likes seasons though. Up in northern AZ in Flagstaff we have 4 seasons. Frankly I prefer California. I don’t care about seasons anymore.
Have a great day. Time to let dogs out one last time and :zzz::zzz::zzz::zzz:

1 Like

I’d gladly take 9 months of summer instead of 8 months of rain and darkness as it is in Sweden.
But it’s harder to move to U.S than away I guess. But if I ever get the Chance I’m going to Memphis :blush: for good. The boys are more American than Swedish anyway.

Wishing you a good night’s sleep.

1 Like

Early morning check in, day 4.
I’m here, I’m alive and I’m sober.
Woke up, it has been 0 degrees outside tonight. Misty cold and I just didn’t want to go up. Waking the boys up because they where supposed to go to school. Both of them woke up not feeling well, with a sore throat, cough and symptoms of a cold. No fever (yet) but they are staying home today. Hopefully they feel better soon and will be back Monday. And hopefully it’s just a cold.

School group project starts today, so I’m studying from home. Would’ve done that anyway, and I’m so grateful for that opportunity. I’m the oldest one in my group and among the oldest one in my class. A few of my classmates is in the same age or a few years older than my teen. It’s an odd feeling, but I guess it’s good practice to. Teen is turning 18 in February and I’m having a hard time to realize that she’s almost a grown up. I need to practice that.

Now I’m going to make some witches brew to make the boys feel better (it’s a tea, but they call it witches brew) and some rosehip soup.

I wishing y’all an amazing day :cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

Day 239.
Yesterday my life turned around. Completely.
I’m moving back in with my parents. I’m ending the 4 year toxic relationship that kept me away from my family. That gave me a lot of stress and anxiety.
I would have made a suicide attempt in the coming time if I didn’t leave.
Thank god that my parents pulled me out of there.
A few days ago I asked my higher power to give me a sign. To show me what to do because I couldn’t manage my own life anymore. Not in the relationship with that person.
She’s full of regret now and blaming all the ugly things she said on her anger. But I know if we ‘talk’ about this, and ‘ sort things out’ this whole rollercoaster of fights, anger and hate will start all over again.
It’s for the best. And I don’t want to kill myself. I wanna turn my life around.
Thank you all for you support! Once again I am so gratefull to have this TS family. THANK YOU! :heart:

23 Likes

16 Likes

Day 78 completely sober (95 no alcohol). I have been struggling in life a bit lately but have not given in to temptation. I was even gifted wine by my parents but I did not have any. The days are long and the nights longer. Just feeling really sad tonight.

16 Likes

47.99 Days
:black_heart:

12 Likes

1359 days, I lost my third job in 14 months today. My son (12) gave me a big hug when he heard. My daughter (also 12) has an intellectual disability and watched us. I don’t really understand how sobriety works when basic security becomes an issue. It does not seem better at times like this. My sponsor says it happened for a reason, and I’ll be able to be with my kids. I will be able to be with my daughter, who I just found out this week needs two spinal surgeries. HOW is this meant to be good, I don’t have that rosey outlook my sponsor does.

I did throw one possible hat into the ring, I applied for short AND long term disability insurance on my last day of work. I can prove that my depression makes it impossible for me to do engineering work, that I had to quit today, had planned to but they let me go simultaneously due to work issues related to depression. It will probably be denied and I will have to contest it. But I am sure I have more than a fighting chance in this.

14 Likes

YAY!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::star2::star2::star2: I’m so happy there was a change of events! Sounds like you made a right choice. All the best!

1 Like
  1. Coffee. Had a great little trip even though it didn’t go all according to plan. My hike yesterday in Eifel NP was beautiful. Much kudos to my retro urban tennis sneakers that didn’t give me any blisters over a 25 km up and down walk over rocky terrain.
    I did experience some cravings too. A beer as a ‘reward’ after a long walk, a schnapps after dinner, Germany has such a drinking culture. It wasn’t hard to beat the urges but they were there. Well, it took me three years or so of abstinence to really get over the urge to smoke. And this a first for me since I became sober. First time abroad on my own. I’m truly happy I’m sober and clean. You have to experience these specific situations and the craves they create to overcome them. All in all it was great fun. Sober and clean. Have a good day all. Love from Amsterdam.

Lots of people having hard times here. It makes me glad no one uses it as an excuse to use. Strength and love to you all.
    @Kareness Fighting is what we need to do at times. You can do this.
    @MissJules I hope you got rid of the wine MissJules. Hope you’ll feel a little bit better in the morning.
    @Lisa07 Sorry for your drinking husband. Hugs.
    @C_8 I hope hubby will be OK Cate. In my thoughts.
    @Clarity From what I’ve read from you the last weeks and months I think it’s the right thing to do. Still hard I know. But doable. Hugs friend.
    Glad there are some folks celebrating too.
    @anon86726034 Congrats Kevin! I remember that.Well done.
    @Dazercat Big congrats on 8 months :honey_pot: :honeybee: !!!
    @Jonachav123 You made an important decision to change your life. Success Jonathan
24 Likes

Day 42, no alcohol. Another day has dawned and I feel so blessed to have made it this far into my sobriety journey. After 35 yrs of drinking, I’m finally discovering and awakening me. I need to focus on liking this new woman. God speed everyone.

13 Likes

I was thinking about you only like 15 minutes ago and was about to check up on you. Thank you for your post. You’ve come so far already from where u started. You do the best you can with what you have and let the high bar crumble. We are proud of you girl!!!

3 Likes

@Kareness That is a lot to be dealing with! I hope u find a way thru it.

@Jonachav123 So glad things are working out!

1 Like