Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

aea55743b5c07d7e6b9cc9ecc2a8045611757b9340220c7fd27490e598a7922f.0
This is fun!

3 Likes

Classmates in the class fb group is planning to go out and drink for the 2nd time since we started. I’m trying to land in the “they are way younger than me and wants to live the wild student life” but it’s hard. A big part of me really wants to join them and get crazily drunk. I won’t for many reasons, I just didn’t though it would bug me like it does.

5 Likes

@MrsOdh
It can be hard to realize that sometimes u have to do something different to protect urself. But it is the brave and correct thing to do.

2 Likes

Don’t let it bug you, they are not you so for today be grateful that you have the power to make the right choices not the wrong ones. You can either sober up or get fucked up so well done to You!!

1 Like

Long lonely day ahead of me so it’s time to get comfortable with who I am and not what I am. 7 days of feeling proud and a little bit pathetic. How can the thought of just one drink or drug take us to a place we don’t want to go mentally. If we just don’t have the first one everything else will fall into place with no effort on our part. It’s one day without one drink and all will be well by bed time.

19 Likes

Checking out for the day my Brother! Thnx for asking though

2 Likes

You scared me lol, how you doing today?

1 Like

Im good, i had sort of an episode/ptsd flash back yesterday in a way i never had before. From one moment into another i was back in a bad place … like a first person shooter game en afterwards i just had a black hole of nearly 1,5 hours from which i cannot recollect any memmories besides waking up crawled into a corner so i have to get that straightened out becouse it scares me. What if i wasnt home, what if my dog didnt manage to get me out of it. I was shaking, cold sweat and have the gap in which i cant remember anything.

Further im good, since i left home again i puzzled myself back together. but now the ptsd flashback, it makes me think that maybe becouse for the first time in years i get some rest , not while beïng in revalidation of a operation or beïng stiched up i just short circuited in my head.

But hé… still not doing my old trash drugs flights to coop and staying in the here and now.

14 Likes

killer morning workout and into 7 months. Back to work tomorrow, hitting up a meeting tonight. Blessed and grateful have a good day

27 Likes

Day 6 sober. I am focused, I am hopeful.
Although my almost chronic tiredness I have done so many things already.
Sobriety gives me order and it is what I need

13 Likes

Starting day 3. I slept so good last night. If that isn’t motivation to keep it up I’m not sure what is. I usually wake up multiple times throughout the night and sometimes am awake for several hours at a time. I’m also getting a little bit of an appetite back and not feeling as physically ill all the time. I’ve been reaching out to my mom when I get cravings. She helps talk me out of it.

11 Likes

Thanks so much :pray:t3:

1 Like

Thanks Dan :pray:t3:

Be your own friend. Love yourself. I say these words because I need them as well. Have a good day! :earth_africa:

2 Likes

OMG @Clarity I’m soooooo PROUD OF YOU!!! You’re so brave and courageous to stick up for yourself like that! You’re going to be ok and have a wonderful life! Much respect for doing what you need from do for you, have an awesome day!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Day 83 clean and sober today. Getting closer to the 90 day mark! Beginning the process of applying to transition from the treatment center I’m in to a sober living house, hopefully I will know something soon. Thank you everyone for your love and support you are a huge part of my recovery :heart: Have an AMAZING DAY!!!:sunglasses::metal:t2:

17 Likes

Day 123 today wishing everyone another 24!

12 Likes

Thank you it’s hard to find a community or even a in person meeting with the virus in full swing

2 Likes

Day 21 it’s been a emotional 21 days ! It’s taken me this long to feel better I’ve learned so much from my last relapse and I never want to feel how i felt ever again… I’m so grateful I’m alive and have this chance to change my life around. My daughter is so much happier that I’m working hard on my recovery i feel so guilty for relapsing when I have such a beautiful family who all love me … I’m working hard on myself so this never happens again… I have no desire to take drugs I been praying for the willingness to go to any lengths to feel free and peaceful… each day I can see things are slowly changing around me I have to let go and let God… it’s taken me 19month doing recovery to realise how powerless I am over people places and things… I totally surrender… happy Thursday beautiful people. Thankyou for letting me be part of the ts family x

16 Likes

So good to hear @Natnat!!! Super PROUD OF YOU!!!:sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes