Checking in daily to maintain focus #17

You’re here, and ready to start over again. That’s great,and we’re all here to support you.

Quick update about today.
The class kept writing about going out to drink,I couldn’t stand it anymore so I wrote a message saying I’m a bit to old to hang out on the student pubs, and that I don’t drink alcohol because I’m in recovery. But that I would happily meet up for a daytime Fika.

They where quick to say that you’re never to old, and it shows that there’s at least 5 of us being about the same age in class. And that there’s always non alcoholic options. After that they started talking about meeting up for lunches instead to include everyone (even if they still are going out during the nights)

I didn’t expect that kind of support so I got a bit overwhelmed.

University decided yesterday that we’re going to get the possibility to take this entire semester online working from home. And I told my study group that I’m going to do that as much as possible. Because of the family situation, the lack of a driver’s license, the virus outbreak and the recovery just to make it easy on myself. And once again I’ve got an amazing support and we are going to do the most of it via zoom.

I’m so grateful, happy and overwhelmed.
And I haven’t started writing my paper I’m supposed to hand in tomorrow yet :blush:

11 Likes

That’s some exciting news! Congratulations man!

1 Like

Hey everyone, checking in…feeling like hell because I am fighting a sinus infection…but only 2 hours left at work and I have a 3 day weekend! I hope everyone is doing well!

8 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.