Checking in daily to maintain focus #19

Congratulations :tada: JJ!!

1 Like

Sounds so fun Lisa! What an Awesome family day :yellow_heart:

1 Like

4ba1c76d0cee4d9313c5db4a8a037d606b2737ad44fee613cfba3b9b4e34726f.0

Woo hoo…! Way to go, 9 months sober is just awesome! You’ve got this mate, keep on keeping on ODAAT! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

You’re kicking some ass with those numbers. :leg::leg:Good for you.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Day 104.
Road tripping back home after my week away. The combo of rain, construction delays, deer standing in the middle of the highway, and fatigue - and I opted to overnight in a pet-and-family-friendly roadside hotel. I can hear the busy water slide, the whole place smells like chlorine and french fries, and the dog girl is not impressed with whatever is yapping across the hall. Ah, an unconventional Canadian Thanksgiving for me! :laughing:

Four months ago my singular focus would have been on getting off the road and cracking into something cold - and strategizing on when and where would be best to stop for that reason, whether the liquor store would be open, etc. Three months ago this trip was a challenge. Today I’m just grateful for this bed I get to crash in (and the fact that the pool and kitchen close soon :joy:)

I’m also super duper grateful for this forum and this thread, and to all of you who show up here and share your days and your stories - I draw deeply from your strength and commitment every day. Big love. :orange_heart:
And Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to all of you! :canada:

@jjcarson92 9 months is looking so good on you!
@anon27700620 2 months is amazing!
@Dragonflygirl82 Big hugs. Lots. For a long time.

24 Likes

I just love reading your daily strength and journey.

This is exactly how I feel about your journey through sobriety. :point_down:
“I draw deeply from your strength and commitment every day.”

Nice pic of the rainbow. But shouldn’t you have 2 hands on the wheel?
Safe trip home.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

The dog girl took the photo? :woozy_face:

I promise I won’t make a habit of it. Wait - that sounds like what I said about drinking too much back in uni days! :laughing:

Okay. I won’t do it again. Thanks friend. :pray:

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss dear.:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Definitly ! I appreciate it :facepunch:t3: coming here daily is what helps the most my higher power and myself

1 Like
  1. Autumn is in full swing here. Drinking is getting further and further away from me. A busy day at work ahead. Would have felt terrible about it hungover like I would have been 493 days ago. Now it’s just that, a busy day. Have a good week all. Thanks for being here for each other, for me and for yourselves. Sober and clean. Love from my little square.

@jjcarson92 Excellent work Joseph! Big congrats on 9 months.
    @anon27700620 Two months is going place friend. Well done, congrats!
20 Likes

Still on day 1, not coping with stress or pressure very well at all. I know I have been sober before, I know I can be there again.

12 Likes

I know, that’s probably a universal teen thing :joy:
She did order herself a pair but apparently 3-5 days is “an eternity” in teen years so she took mine. :blush: I’m not borrowing her new pair when they arrive because that’s more “ripped” and holes than actually pants.

3 Likes

Day 320, yay!

11 Likes

In my humble opinion, her calling you a shitty parent all the time is verbal abuse. You are not a shitty parent. You are doing the best you can do and your girls know that you love them. All parents just do the best they can with what they’ve got. You’ve been dealt a crap hand with someone who won’t play fair with you. That doesn’t make you a shitty person or a shitty parent. You are doing amazing with your sobriety and that is going to matter so much to your girls. They’re going to remember your love and they’ll remember that you were there when you were with them, that you were present and clean.

10 Likes

Have a great day all :v:

16 Likes

I just saw this my sober friend and wanted to send my belated congratulations! How awesome to have two years of sober living. “Learning To Fly”, such a great analogy and one of my favorite songs! Thank you for all your support and way to go. Don’t ever look back!!

2 Likes

@anon60334405 it’s not about the money, man. Remember this next time your girls run to you :heartpulse:

10 Likes

Happy Monday all, checking in on day80 clean and day 18 smoke free, have a blessed day love Emma :heart::bouquet::rose::two_hearts::sparkling_heart::slight_smile::heart::two_hearts::hugs::heart::grin::pray::pray::innocent::bouquet::purple_heart::sparkling_heart::slight_smile::heart_eyes::hugs::kissing_heart::kiss::rose::two_hearts::balloon::heart::rose::heart::heart_eyes::kissing_heart::purple_heart::innocent:

13 Likes

Thank you Chris @Hidden :blush::pray: your words mean a lot

1 Like

Alright Hazy?
What’s the problem?