Checking in daily to maintain focus #19

Day 535. I’m feeling really off. I thought I was ok, but Im not. I dont know what to do. It’s the middle of work, so I will just try and push through.

16 Likes

It always fascinates me what the dreams are trying to tell us

1 Like

I’m feeling odd today too. Must be something in the air. I hope the rest of your day goes okay and that you have a good night. Tomorrow is a new day!

Amazing progress. You’re an inspiration. Congratulations on 2.5 years!

1 Like

Hang tight!

Sometimes I’ll hear songs in my dreams that end up stuck in my head for days. The last time that happened was last weekend. I heard Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley. Strange because in a past life I was a huge whiskey drinker. I switched to vodka later on thinking it was the whiskey I couldn’t have. Pretty sure either or both would have done me in later in life if I kept on with it. I got in some majorly bad situations with good ol Jack D.

1 Like

Wow!! I had no idea. That is some amazing work. God Bless you Scott.
@Thirdmonkey

This is kind of it in a nutshell. Might be easier said than done. But that is definitely how I am working it.
Love it. Great job. Inspiring :star_struck:
:pray: :heart:

5 Likes

I hope my dreams mean absolutely nothing. They have been so vivid and mostly disturbing since March. One week smoke and alcohol free. Sleep well you all!

6 Likes

Keep it up!!! Nice job!

Day 222~ I like that number! Sounds cool :sunglasses: and omg it’s September 22 The universe is speaking :sparkles:… I hear you!! :raised_hands:t3::raised_hands:t3:

Today was a complete shit show. It was one thing after another with our tenants. Two with no heat… umm it’s still September we are Bostonians we don’t do heat until at least mid October! Jeez! :roll_eyes: Work has continued to be a nightmare. I may have thought once or twice of running away. :joy: So ya I’m stressed. BUT sober. Gotta keep fighting. Stress is always going to be a factor but booze ain’t going to make the stress go away.

I’ll leave ya with a pic of moose from earlier today. He loves Halloween and with the uncertainty of his health we dressed him up today… karate Moose.

:green_heart::paw_prints::jack_o_lantern:

:v:t3::heart::blush:

25 Likes

What a sweet boy…:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

So handsome! And tolerant :joy:

2 Likes

Such a pretty number. Night all. Sweet sober dreams!

18 Likes

Such a sweet face! :heart::paw_prints:

1 Like

Sounds like colorado :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats on 2.5 years Scott. A picnic celebration with your love is very romantic. You’re so sweet. Enjoy!!

1 Like

I was using seroquel but only as anxiety / sleep purpose … don’t know what you’re taking it for but I had rather stopped it instead of changing it for me. Don’t know the Med you’re talking about though. It’s always stressful to change those, Hope you’ll be fine still

1 Like

Ah, I was thinking about this very thing today, after reading those posts yesterday. I think @Figgie also brought this up, and @WCan, @Hailstrom, @Dazercat and maybe @Tommo? I wondered in the first month if I was spending too much time on here, (especially since I’m not on social media – not my thing, really) but from where I sit now, on the “high hill” of my 85 days (which hardly qualifies me for sobriety old age! :laughing:) I think of it like this:

This is not a tune up.

This is a complete overhaul. On the inside and outside. Mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically, socially… I’ve completely gutted my house. I’ve re-poured the foundation but it’s barely dry, I have to do a complete rebuild, finish the inside, (finally the fun part: decor!). But even then it’s not done. There’s maintenance required for the rest of my life if I’m going to live out my days in a beautiful house of sobriety…

These early days are full on. Lots of heavy lifting at the front end. But this community is like the scaffolding of this house – I think I’ve said before. It’s making my house stronger, so that it will last. The time spent, especially the first month, redirecting my cravings and lack of confidence in myself to TS, I steeped myself in these stories, felt so understood without having to utter a word, felt companioned by the woes and empowered by the wins. And then also just distracted myself with goofy memes and pics of pets.

The “greybeards” (sorry all!) that check in here with years of sobriety? There’s the guy with 34 years, or just this week @Dejavu and @SoberWalker checking in, less frequently but still with their couple of years - they all seem to be maintaining things now, the odd trip to the hardware store. Us? We’ll get there. :relaxed:

That’s my take on it all, on Day 85. :orange_heart:

Edit: I forgot! @Thirdmonkey. Truly a “greybeard”! :joy: and I will add more!

17 Likes

85 is pretty damn impressive. I just hope that when I’ve got the cred like @SassyRocks I’ll be decent enough to show up and tolerate the newbies like me. Love the metaphor of rebuilding a house. Exactly

7 Likes

Congratulations :muscle::cake::partying_face:

… and night-nights :sleeping:

1 Like