Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

I’m late to the show but I want to let you know you’re a great guy. Period. Those feelings you’re feeling are human feelings. I feel them too. We work on them by staying sober and working our sobriety one day at a time. It’s hard tedious work and the progress is slow but we are on the right way, you and me and all of us here. Thanks for being here and thanks for sharing both the good and the bad friend. We’re growing

4 Likes

Hey, I can totally relate and lots of it can be written by me. So much stuff in my head now, I cannot write this down. But I feel with you.

Day 1416. My son is struggling with schoolwork. I tried to help him with Spanish and he didn’t want me to help! Meanwhile most of the answers he’s written on an assignment are wrong. I printed out the verb conjugations for “ser” and am going to ask him to look at his answers again.

16 Likes

Thought as much Charley!! @Hailstrom :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

Your post reminded me of a tv show ‘way, way back in the day’ called George and Mildred.
I can appreciate the similarities :wink:

I remember that!

1 Like

And despite all the anxiety and fear, you do it anyway. Fucking amazing. That was 8 hours ago - hope it went well and you felt better about it once it was done, even if the other anxieties are still hanging around :pray::sparkling_heart:

Adding my anxieties to the pile today, not sure why I’m on edge but here I am. Some things are looking like they might be just about to start working out (although could equally nosedive), others are looking like a bit of a shitshow at the moment. Still, tomorrow is a new day and a hangover is not something I am adding to my list of things to worry about!

20 Likes

Checking in October 29, 2020
As iam literally about 2 days away from a year sober from alcohol the benefeits have left me speechless i never knew the beuty of our own minds our raw feelings or the concentration i had if i knew how beutiful sobriety was i would have never EVER took that first bottle.

11 Likes

25 Likes

:one::five::zero::bangbang:

You’re killin’ it, Donna!

2 Likes

@anon79808082 Congratulations! Nice job!

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks lady!:kissing_heart:

Plug your phone in loser :yum:. Oh and congrats on 150 days. Happy to be here with you for it

2 Likes

150 !!! :hugs::pray: your doing amazing 150 days its crazy how time passes by its crazier how strength reveals itself through time definitly rocking it out here Donna :facepunch:

1 Like

day 192… I went fur baby shopping this morning :heart_eyes:… My heart is melting, they are so adorable. Beautiful colours as well. I have to go back tomorrow for an appointment with them to spend time with them to see which one takes to me etc… They fit in my palm they were so tiny :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:… Sobriety wise, I’ve been craving a drink the past day or two. I know I won’t drink but the change in seasons now it’s warmer Is making it harder. And now we have reopened, all the restraunts and cafes are over flowing on the side walks with happy people with wine or beer or cocktail in hand etc… It’s going to be an interesting summer ahead… My first summer clean /sober in a decade :speak_no_evil:

22 Likes

Maple leaf trees are my favourite trees of all time. There are four different colours. This one is phenomenal! :trophy:

1 Like

First summer sober in a decade :partying_face::partying_face:
Congrats your doing amazing keep pushing changes in seasons can provoke old feelings back mayb in that particular season was the time where we had our DOC but through your days especially 192 :partying_face: really shows how strong and capable you are of moving forward ! Your rocking it

2 Likes

Let the little orange one in the corner on the right take you. And the little white and orange one in the center. Oh hell let them all take you!!

BTW. My first summer not drinking was pretty awesome. Except this COVID bullshit. And Politics. Just another sober hangover free season.

You really are going to need to kittens though. They can keep each other company when your gone.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

Thread continues at Checking in daily to maintain focus #21.