Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

A cheap alternative is buying second hand (human) sweaters and modifying them to fit! We have done that before and it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

Oh yeah totally! I tried at first with just my phone screen, and thought nah, I doesn’t work.
And yeah, despite the rocky start, it’s going better. Definitely a challenge for the brain! I like it!

3 Likes

Hey this is good, was looking for thread like this! :v:t3:

1 Like

393c1a4eb4de318719b32a99198d0bb46e013059d8480035978ee1d5355cb75e.0

Day 15. I’m ahead in my work so I am taking it easy today. I am so grateful what sobriety brings. I feel less shame and I have not been self-blaming when it comes to my shortcomings. Lately, I have just been acknowledging them and move on. If it makes me react, I sit with it like it is my priority. I haven’t fallen in despair and if I do I have more trust in myself that it something that will pass.

Hope you have a good day :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Huge well done for stepping back out in the world and going back to the office, it must have felt quite surreal after all this time and all that’s changed in you and in the world.

Also, thank you so much for the kind words yesterday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, you’re right, we did bounce back and that is definitely a more positive way to look at it.:slight_smile:

Also, I bet your home-made coffees are still nice and much cheaper than Starbucks, and you can have them without leaving your home :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

Loved reading this. Congrats to you! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Ive had some really rough days but im SO proud to see this on my phone!

20 Likes

Wow, great job !! I would be happy at HALF that number !!

1 Like

Hi everyone, time for me to get to bed. I hope that you are all well tonight.
It’s interesting to see the “newcomers” here… I seriously hope that they get as much out of this forum as I do. The last time that I was here, I got to 125 days (or so, as I recall) before I decided that I didn’t really NEED this forum or to be checking in and all the rest. At that point, you can guess what happened…
I promptly fell off of the wagon, which then proceeded to roll back and forth over me (wagon AND horse) just for good measure. And I kept on drinking for about another two or three years, I think. Then a couple of “health issues” gave me something of a wake-up call, and I’m back here new. I’ve just recently passed the 2-month mark, so things are going quite well.
So, I try to check in here quite often (though I don’t always write something) and I tell people to check in here too… and I give them my usual quote (paraphrase) from Alan Carr. I don’t know if it helps them, but it helps me, I guess… almost as much as seeing people post really good numbers, like @jjcarson92 earlier. Wow, I find that helpful.
Anyway, I hope that you are all having a happy, healthy and sober evening.
Goodnight all.

17 Likes

So the mudcake helped? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: what a silly question! Is there anything mudcake couldn’t fix??

2 Likes

Trudging along. :+1:t2:

20 Likes

Checking in from the AZ Snowbowl. Pretty day for a chair lift ride. Lots of aspens. Not quite like a New England autumn. But still nice.

Last time I did this chair lift I had a nice double Bloody Mary for the ride to the top. Idiot!! Who does that?
Not this guy anymore :fist_right:. Thought never even crossed my mind. But they gave me the option on my ticket to buy a chair lift ride. Or a chair lift ride with a drink.
DazerCat 1 Chair Lift Cocktail 0
Sober on now.
:pray::heart:

25 Likes

Looks like a fun time!! And good job no booze needed to enjoy that view!

1 Like

Day 4 sober again after several relapses - of course I feel so much better physically mentally and socially - well as social as I can be in these COVID days. This is my first time using this resource and it’s been great. I’ve started a creative writing diploma - up to date with my reading - feeling motivated and alive. Thank you all for the support, help and advice on here.

17 Likes

Thanks @Dragonflygirl82 @Dazercat @Misokatsu @CapriciousCapricorn @Tommo

3 Likes

I understand this. I just listened to this podcast and it really reawakened my spirituality! Thought I would jump on here and share it with you! :kissing_heart:
I might listen to it again… :laughing:

5 Likes

Checking in as day 271 winds down.
Bought a new bicycle about a month ago nothing particularly special but I love it. Getting that 30 minutes exercise a day is often, oddly the most relaxing part of my day. Made a delicouse roast beef for about twenty people today, that was nice. Made sure to do my daily readings and prayers. Listened to some music. Talked to my sponsor. Now I’m gonna finish watching a movie, meditate, pray and sleep.
May all of you find and accept :v:&:heart:

17 Likes

Thanks for being here, Tom! I remember when you got here and it’s awesome to have seen you progress.