Checking in daily to maintain focus #20

I’m happy on the journey so far I will not crumble!
Day 79

21 Likes

I wish I could give these pics ten likes. lol
That barbie cake looks amazing!!
Edit…not barbie. Is it a princess or mermaid?

4 Likes

Thank you, Danni. It was too hard for years to even talk about it but my sister and I do but not for too long; it’s still too much, too painful. It was a few years after our worst times in our family’s dysfunction so it breaks our hearts that he mostly saw the worst of life…
Tbh it crossed my mind a couple times today to drink but I know it would’ve made it even worse.
Thanks again sweetie. You all are so important to me…:wink:

4 Likes

Mermaid barbie. We spent way too much on that cake…

4 Likes

Lovely @Englishd

… my like was for that cake. I want a piece or two :+1: :joy:

2 Likes

Day 10 of sobriety…

17 Likes

Yes…Congrats on a year.

2 Likes

Oh this makes me so so happy to read. My heart was breaking you reading about how much this subject your playing on your mind and you wanting to keep on contacting her etc… But it prevailed and you are happy and the universe works out for you in the end… This is amazing. A true love story :heart:

1 Like

Thank you April it truly is!!! Thank you for all of your support over the last 4 months, it’s truly been a journey for sure!!! Have a great night!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

“Tbh it crossed my mind a couple times today to drink but I know it would’ve made it even worse.”

@anon79808082 you’re a f***ing rockstar, I am so amazed by you, your sobriety and your strength. I’m really grateful that you’re my friend and in my life. Thank you for being awesome :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Aww, thank you for that. You’re a great friend to me as well.
:kissing_heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
(I mean, my name IS tattooed on you, lol.)

2 Likes

Checking in to the end day 275.89.
It was an up and down day as I tried to do more than sit on the couch watching Nfl games. Talked with my Mom. Did some grocery shopping. One of my sober living housemates and I went to an NA meeting. First in person one since moving to Hamilton. Did my readings and prayed. Still watched about two hours of NFL games Lol. Ate some McDonald’s. It was a nice day. Gonna meditate and pray again before bed in an hour.
@anon79808082 you are so great at cheering for all of us. Also openly sharing your struggle regarding your brother. Thank you so very much. I’m sure that I’m not the only one inspired by you and God bless you and all your family.
Have a great sober and clean evening everyone. :v:&:heart:

16 Likes

HAHAHAHA yes it is!!! :rofl::wink::heart:

1 Like

Triple likes!! Cute kids! Love that cake :birthday:

1 Like

Awesome job on one year!

1 Like

Checking in at the end of day 3. It was rough, the bf and I broke up because he wasn’t being the support I needed. I keep just trying to tell myself this is about me and what’s best for me, so I feel it’s okay to be selfish and get rid of those not being supportive. My priority is SOBRIETY.
Tomorrow is day one of treatment, things WILL get better!

16 Likes

Day 248~ I’m exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically. I’ve just got so much going on that I’m wearing myself out. This weekend was not really like a weekend. We did nothing but work to get the shop open. We are shooting to open next weekend. There’s just so much to do. We also got some sad news one of our tenants passed away today. I’ve mentioned him before on here. It’s so sad. He was only 41… He fought cancer for the past 2 years. My heart hurts for his young family. Ughh 2020 really has just been super hard… so many losses; so much heartache. :broken_heart:

I decided tonight I would take sometime and make a nice dinner for the fam. It’s been a while mostly because I haven’t been wanting to cook. It really triggers me. I got thru it and better than I thought. I enjoyed spending time in the kitchen again all while remaining sober. :muscle:t3: Spending time as a family is so important. We are all so busy but you are never too busy to spend time with the ones you love. Life is so fragile and can change in a blink of an eye. Give your loved ones a big hug today/tonight and don’t forget to say I love you.

:v:t3::heart::blush:

26 Likes

Man, you’ve just had one thing after another - I’m not sure there’s a limit to your resilience, your fortitude, your capacity to keep going… I just hope you get to curl up and rest, cry, nap, or whatever you need to do. :heart: Thank you for being such a solid example for me of being committed to sobriety… Big hug.

5 Likes

Day 111.
Another good day. I could use a stretch of weekends like this – coffees, chores and puttering, books and quick naps, catching up with pals on the phone, long walks with the dog girl (we are starting to acclimatize to the lower temps!) I used to think I needed a drink(s) to have a day like today, a weekend like this. But when I tried that (and had my post-walk cider, and then a glass of wine while reading, and more while cooking, etc, etc.) – I was never in the head space at the end of the day that I’m in now. Wouldn’t trade it for a glass of anything.

The sunset seemed to agree with me…

@Tommo I hope your dog walk with your buddies went well. I hope they’re true friends.
@Dazercat I hope your wife is ok and that hopefully, she sees she’s worth sobriety too. I’m glad you’re here.
@Mno I hope things keep going well with you and your friend! Sounds like it’s on the right track.
@Rockstar So glad things are going so well for you. Good luck at the new job this week!
Happy 30 days @Seb and 60 days @Penguin!

25 Likes

395 Days. What a day, glad it’s over. I have a lot going on and it’s time to make some hard decisions about my future. It’s mentally exhausting to think about. Turning it over to my higher power and praying for a positive outcome.

23 Likes