Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #22

23 Likes

1day 8 hours since last drink…not feeling amazing but hopeful inside.:pray::+1::hugs: Nothing a lockdown,and then another lockdown to realise my alcoholism.

21 Likes

Day 323.
Happy thanksgiving to all americans over here!
I’d wish we had that holiday over here too ;).

Today I’ve got my 2nd appointment with my therapist. Looking forward to it though.
Been a rough couple of days for me. Lot’s of thinking about the past and the ex.
I kind of lost sight of the future.
But I am so grateful to do this sober!

21 Likes

Wahooo! Ice cream partyyy!

4 Likes

Not pleased that you experience this, but pleased to hear someone else say it. I am trying to start my own business and having constant confident/ self doubt cycles. It’s fucking exhausting! But if we don’t try, we never know eh?

Glad you were happy with it how it went! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Reading through and don’t want to abuse moderator privleges by spamming this thread with loads of posts, so am cramming some things into one!

What did ya watch? :eyes: :popcorn:

@Yomomma Hey :wave: Great to see you again!

Wait til year three :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Half joking… It’s not linear, and as you know it will pass. The healing will come after the pain, you’re on the right track . And sounds like you are at the beginning of a new relationship with your family, in a really positive way. Amazing!

@I.cant.We.can good on you for quitting nicotine! There is a thread for grumpy a-holes going through that exact thing! It really is awesome when you get to the point that no addictive substances run your day.

@Englishd congrats on the promotion Derek! Even if it is belated.

@Dragonflygirl82 wow that’s a lot of drama but awesome to hear you handling it like a sober boss :fist: wishing for a speedy recovery for you all.

@Hazy great to see you back and hear you’re feeling hopeful :blush: Keep checking in!

I’m sure there is loads I’ve missed, so much AWESOME stuff in this thread. I woke up feeling really anxious and on edge, but you have all lifted me so much. So I am sharing the spirit of today’s thanksgiving celebrations - thank you all TS family :pray: :sparkling_heart:

15 Likes

Tip: To avoid Thanksgiving dramas do as we Brits do: Avoid Thanksgiving. :laughing:
Happy Thanksgiving. :pray:

9 Likes
  1. First schema group therapy session coming up today. I’m nervous. I guess that’s only logical, meeting a bunch of new people. All diagnosed with a PD too. Ow, so was I. I’m really going to try my very best at making this work, in contrast to previous therapies I did. My heart was never in it when I was under the influence of one thing or another, or many at the same time, or hungover or groggy. It is now. We’ll see what happens today.
    In other news I did a long painting session yesterday which finished with the last drop of paint I had on the last piece of wall left unpainted in my bedroom. Must have been. So now just my bathroom to go. And half of the heating pipes and radiators. Progress! Sharing -for once- a pic of my bedroom this morning. Bonus points for spotting Luna in it.

Lots of great stuff going on here, like @siand just said.
    @TMAC 900 Days is awesome friend!
    @PinkyP A full month! Jay you!
    @Englishd Congrats Derek. I know you deserve it.
    @Conor689908 I’m glad to see you posting Conor. Life ain’t always easy, if ever. I know. Trudge along friend. Happy to see yo do better today. Enjoy autumn. ODAAT.

You are totally right. Funny how we used to think it was being under the influence that gave us that buffer. Never again friend.
@everybody Keep going all! Sober and clean. It’s so worth it. Have a great day all. Love from Amsterdam.

31 Likes

Hope the therapy goes ok… Good for you for stepping outside of your comfort zome and trying it! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

@Salty how did you doctor’s appointment go? I don’t think I saw an update about that, hope they weren’t too dismissive of your concerns.

5 Likes

Day 800 :coffee:
Just saw this magic number on my watch! :star_struck:

Every long stretch starts with day one! :facepunch:
Have a great sober day TS Friends 🙋

43 Likes

Day 7 sober

23 Likes

@SoberWalker my most heartfelt congratulations. I still remember when we were sober twins. You must be PROUD of yourself :pray:t5::heart::raised_hands:t5::star_struck::innocent::muscle:t4::two_hearts::raising_hand_man:t5::facepunch:t4::partying_face:

1 Like

Day 18. It started out a bit rough. I couldn’t sleep. I wonder if it could’ve been the Flat White I had a 4pm. I never thought afternoon caffeine affected me but maybe it was because I was drowning it in alcohol, or maybe it’s age. The dog was whining. She made a mess in her crate. It’s very out of character. So, 4am saw me cleaning up sh*t. Happy Thanksgiving. We aren’t doing a thing today because I hadn’t made it to the grocery store before the Covid exposure and we’re all bummed out that my sister couldn’t join us. I am more than a little bit over Covid.

@Blueroom That’s fantastic! Congratulations!
@TMAC 900 is astounding! Time flies?
@Rockstar24777 - Healing wishes for you, Rob.

@liv_m - What a great idea! I am glad it helped and I have no doubt you’ll continue to kick ass. :slight_smile:

@TSan Everyone starts in the same place! Sixty days is amazing! Great work!

@Lisa07 I feel the same way about the lady who brought her child here on a Friday and told us she had Covid on Monday. She said she went for the test because she was feeling exhausted, had a headache and was coughing. And you thought coming here was a good idea, why?

@Butterflymoonwoman Most times, I think coming back takes more courage than showing up the first time. That’s been my experience anyway. Not coming back only led me to longer relapses than necessary. My guilt/shame over the relapse held me back. I am working to eradicate those feelings. Sobriety is hard. Just keep on pushing.

@SoberWalker Claudia, That’s a beautiful number!! Congratulations!

26 Likes

Thank you @Bomdhil and @EarnIt! :pray:

1 Like

Beautiful number, lady! As are you!:heart::blush:

3 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving to those of us here in the US! :turkey: Today I am thankful that I am sober, Day 324, and intend to remain so all day!

15 Likes

Can’t catch up everything on here… but congrats everyone and @Rockstar24777 I wish you well and hope everything will be fine, I work with people dealing with cancer everyday and it can be very frightening. Here’s to serenity prayer about what you can control into all this… @TMAC Thanks for that inspiring post about your gratefulness.

Don’t know if I have anymore to add to this sentence the next time I feel like drinking. Maybe inducing the thought that a bottle = a gun would help, since it will lead to an early-death anyways. :laughing:

@SoberWalker First off I have to congratulates you, but also I NEED to know how you put your daily counter on your watch :sweat_smile: I have a Garmin so I guess I could add it too. Might be some app with daily counter I guess.

7 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving All! I’m grateful to be apart of this community. I don’t do a program so my program has been you guys, which has been more than enough, as far as my sobriety goes :sweat_smile:. Any time I even fathom a drink, I think about you guys and how disappointing it would be to have to admit that I fucked up. I love that I truly feel accountable to a faction outside of myself, which helps keep me on track. Please be safe today and enjoy time with your family.

25 Likes

A little tidbit from Melody Beattie, author of Codependent No More,

"I finally realized that if I put half as much energy into doing the right thing as I had into doing wrong, I could do anything,”

And:

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

Happy Thanksgiving to America and happy Day of Gratitude to the rest of you. :kissing_heart:

It’s going to be a multi-check-in day.

19 Likes

What an accomplishment! You must feel great! Well done!

1 Like