Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #22

Congratulations my man!!! Great news.

2 Likes

I need a new Netflix rec so il check it out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Oh Rob, thatā€™s quite the news! Scary, yes, and such a relief that they found it and that theyā€™re acting fast. Wow - they wouldnā€™t have found it without the MRI of your back, right? Iā€™m grateful for that. Iā€™m grateful youā€™re sober or who knows how this would turn out. Most of all, Iā€™m grateful for you. :orange_heart:
Please keep us posted. Sending hugs and prayers and love and if I could - homemade soup for my big bro!

1 Like

Day 286~ The shit just hit the fan here. My in laws just got their results back and they are both positive. My father in law was exposed by his pool playing friend. My mother in law literally just lost her mind. She is so pissed. They were suppose to go to Aruba on Friday. She and I got into because she was screaming out all kinds of craziness and I told her to calm the fuck down because the way she was acting was not going to help or change the situation. I had a feeling they had it. She had a cough and was trying to say it was he asthma but I knew that was BS especially since my father in law was exposed. I think thatā€™s how I got it. We share an office space at home. This virus needs to go the hell away. Itā€™s causing such stress and anxiety and now fighting. I have to say though I stood my ground and for once didnā€™t scream and cry and act like a wild woman. That will NOT change anything. Iā€™m becoming much more calm and level headed in my sobrietyā€¦ now THATS something Iā€™m very grateful for. :pray:t3: Well it wouldnā€™t be Thanksgiving without some kind of family drama. :roll_eyes:

Stay safe and most importantly sober everyone.

PS: God if your listeningā€¦ enough is enough already. PLEASE :pray:t3:

:v:t3::heart::mask:

26 Likes

Iā€™ve been on my feet all day getting ready for tomorrowā€™s cookathon. I made the 2 sweet potato "cheese"cakes (vegan) tonight. Took forever as I forgot 2 ingredients and had to rush back to the grocery store before it is too late. Nothing will be open tomorrow. Lol. I still have to wait for it to hit room temperature before I can throw it in the refrigerator to chill. The batter was so delicious. I canā€™t wait to taste test it tomorrow. I also need to make the caramel sauce that will be drizzled over it. Iā€™m up super early tmw morning cooking a turkey, herb mashed potatoes with a mushroom gravy, candied yams, cranberry sauce, and baked mac n cheese. All of the sides are vegan. All will be made from scratch. The turkey is a turkey though, cooking it for my dad and boyfriend. I enjoy cooking and I love veganizing my favorite dishes. Canā€™t wait to show the final results! Happy Thanksgiving! I wouldnā€™t have been able to plan this early wake up for tomorrow as a binge drinker because Iā€™d have waken up hours past schedule, hungover and loaded with anxiety and disappointment. Grateful to be here.

24 Likes

Ya the waiting period is awful. I waited 5 days my in laws 6. Iā€™m praying :pray:t3: you get answers sooner than later. :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Sounds delish enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving :turkey:

2 Likes

Thank you! You too hun.

1 Like

Checking in Tonight : grateful and very optimistic towards the future i see nothing but completing my goals and dreams i wish nothing but the best for everyone on here life is beautiful life is one day at a time :pray::heart:

8 Likes

Oh no Courtney!! Have your hubby and kids been tested yet? Praying for you and your in-laws for a speedy recovery.

Ainā€™t this the truth!! I canā€™t remember a Thanksgiving without drama and it usually doesnā€™t involve me. Thanks for the chuckle.

3 Likes

Yes they have. The kids are negative thankfully :pray:t3: My husband is still waiting for his results. My daughter has been staying with her friend because of the shop. She hasnā€™t been here for a while now. It just sucks so much. And ya lol itā€™s always something. One year we had family come visit us in NYC and went to the Macyā€™s day parade well the car broke down and we were strandedā€¦ it was a nightmare :joy: itā€™s always something with this looney bunch!

14 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That bitmoji is the best. Iā€™m glad you still have some humor during the chaos.

2 Likes

Yeah, I rememberā€¦ I was 14 years old, and couldnā€™t reconcile the pictures in the news with the materialism of christmas commercials. Got a bit sick over it. If you closed your heart to it then? Well, you didnā€™t lock it - just stored the grief. It sounds like your tears are getting a chance to thaw now. Those are tears worth cryingā€¦

So here you are. 475 days sober. And open to tears, and loving, and healing. I know you are finding it all a struggle right now, but I see your journey as pretty amazing and inspiring.
Thanks for your post. :orange_heart:

12 Likes

Morning everyone,
Iā€™m very happy to be checking in on a month, 30 whole days again, feels so good to get a month back under my belt.
Hope you all have a great day :heart:

19 Likes

touchingā€¦ thank you for sharing this.
Learning to see and feel the tenderness of the heart again is a brave path to walk!
Reading this in end meditation this morning class. (in dutch sorry)
Er is 1 ding op de wereld,
wat je nooit mag vergeten
Wanneer je alles vergeet, maar dat ene nietā€¦
dan hoef je je nergens zorgen over te maken.
Maar wanneer je overal aan denkt, alles doet en niets vergeetā€¦
behalve dat ene
Dan heb je eigenlijk niets gedaan
(RUMI)

5 Likes

Congratz on 30 days ! :partying_face:
It shows how far your willing to take your journey
You should be very very proud of yourself

2 Likes

Thanks, appreciate your help :heart:

1 Like

Definitly im always here :pray:

1 Like

Day 149.
Thereā€™s no shortage of stuff packed into these days. I will indeed be travelling (after 10 days isolation) to Momā€™s for about 3 weeks ā€“ sheā€™ll be moving by dec.24 into more of a nursing home room/situation (during an outbreak). Iā€™ve set my intentions: feel the feels without getting triggered by the triggering siblings and return to my own wee happy home dec.25-26, still sober. I will share the podium and my medal with all of you ā€“ just help get me through it, please.

Otherwise? I like this buffer that sobriety seems to put between me and the stressors. Not numbing, just an awareness that so much is out of my hands ā€“ so why get hooked by it? The stressors are getting bigger, but that shouldnā€™t make a differenceā€¦

Lots oā€™ life going on in this thread todayā€¦

@Lisa07 and @Dragonflygirl82 oh take care! You and your loved ones. And grrrr is right. :angry:

@Conor689908, Big hugs to you, Conor - I hope the clouds go away soon :sunny:

@Blueroom Super big congrats to you! One year, one day at a time. And @TSan 60 days is no small feat! Congrats to you - youā€™ve had your share of tests in those 60 daysā€¦

@Squirt any post you post is a welcome post by me!

Gā€™night all. We did another day. :orange_heart:

23 Likes

Congratulations on your 30 days. Thatā€™s great :grin:

3 Likes