Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #22

Happiest one year soberversary Chris @Hidden! I’m so very proud of you. Rock on odaat :facepunch::muscle::hugs::sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Day 31 sober from Meth. Watched a VICE short on meth last night. Was a bit triggering as the summary felt like they were saying ‘it’s not that bad’… well it is actually VICE take it from me. Feel much better after a good sleep filled with bizarre dreams.

23 Likes

@Rockstar24777 All good Rob! :kissing_heart:

@anon60334405 I’m sorry ppl have not understood your sense of humour in the past :frowning: I have similar experiences too. Humour is such a delicate thing. Anyways, I appreciate your words and that you were able to see this from my side, too. You’re a good guy Mike! :fist_right:t2::fist_left:t2::sunglasses:

5 Likes

Congratulations @Hidden Chris! 1 year sober is such an awesome milestone!
Have you bought something to celebrate? I know I did! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Love my milestone gifts, better then drinking! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Day 793:coffee:
Quit drinking has a lot of benefits! One of them is saving money. So when I reach a milestone I’m not shy to give myself a big present :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
My 1 year present was a backpiece tattoo. And here is my 2 years present work in progress: a full sleeve.
Still sore and red because I had a session yesterday.

Removed picture because of privacy.

Life is better sober! :facepunch:
Have a great creative day! 🙋

45 Likes

The tiredness will fade, hang in there :pray:

Full sleeve for me when I’ve done a year sober :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I haven’t bought anything, but now that you put the idea in my head I might have to!:rofl:

2 Likes

It can be but so was walking as a toddler. We didn’t get that first time. But we have the hang of it now!
It takes time to learn new things. Keep working at it.
And thanks. :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Bloody Tattoo parlor shut just as I was going to get my two year one done a couple of weeks ago.

4 Likes

23e48ab88a7561ee2d45cd7d7963285996d14d7637dabf6286753d8746958725.0

Wow! What sort of a boat? On a scale from rowing boat to Noah’s ark? :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: Oh, what a deception that must have been! Is it because of a lock down?

@Misokatsu thank you :black_heart:

124.06 Days
:black_heart:

20 Likes

Yeah. Just have to wait now. Nevermind

1 Like

Checking in. I’m going to turn 49 soon and I think about how life would have been different if I’d quit drinking 20 or 30 years ago. But I’m so grateful to be here now.

24 Likes

Yeah. For sure that’s what I’m doing, learning and teaching myself more tools to prevent me from a relapse. I’ve made it 9 months doing it my way, with the occasional a.a meeting. But I see to many successful ppl in a.a to not just throw those tools under my belt as well would be silly

4 Likes

Checking in November 18 2020
Im feeling amazing and so grateful for a sober life you guys are also amazing keep those numbers high lets reap all the benefeits of sobriety :partying_face::partying_face:

15 Likes
  1. Through the all the weight lifting and leaving the meeting life hasn’t been bad. But I’ve forgotten to prayer, I was to tired to do anything else. Count my gratitudes and all the good stuff. So today, I wake up blessed and grateful, just gonna keep popping tools under my belt to keep this sobriety in gear, I’ll still get my jogs in and do the little lifting at my house. And once the gym opens at work I’ll go there, but lifting with that one guy no fun at all.
24 Likes