Checking in Daily to Maintain Focus #22

A little tidbit from Melody Beattie, author of Codependent No More,

"I finally realized that if I put half as much energy into doing the right thing as I had into doing wrong, I could do anything,”

And:

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”

Happy Thanksgiving to America and happy Day of Gratitude to the rest of you. :kissing_heart:

It’s going to be a multi-check-in day.

19 Likes

What an accomplishment! You must feel great! Well done!

1 Like

Good morning friends - Happy Sober Thanksgiving to my American friends and Happy Sober Thursday to everyone else! Day 12 for me today!. I am sort-of off work today (on-call and have to kind of watch my email for disasters) and didn’t have any alarms set. I slept until 8am! I love getting great sleep again! I have always been the kind of person who could fall asleep in seconds , but I always would wake, without an alarm, around 6am. Heck, I have even fallen asleep while getting my teeth cleaned in the dentist chair!

I hope your day is awesome! We are having a small get-together today - just us and our daughters and their husbands (and one grandson!). We usually host the huge family celebrations at our house and routinely have > 20 people for these events. This year, we are ‘blessed’ that everyone is having their own Thanksgiving dinners in their own homes/cities.

I don’t watch them, but I’ll put on the TV and have the parades going, just for tradition-sake.

Have an awesome day!

16 Likes

Awwww you’re the best Emm, you’re so kind and loving to everyone and I’m so glad we’re on this journey together. You always have the right words to encourage me and I’m very grateful for you. Yes, it was by accident that they found it and I’m very lucky that they did. I’m not sure when my surgery is yet but I definitely will keep you posted. Lots of love and good vibes heading your way too lil sis, you’re amazing!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Wow that’s really cool of you @Tommo thank you for the kind words. I’ve been following your story too and am super proud of you. Keep up the good work Tom, have a great day!!!

1 Like

Thank you @EarnIt I appreciate that very much. Have a great day, Happy Thanksgiving!!!

8115628a986640b0104953220cf73bcca31adf66c2f814919d6b9ba79b821b79.0

1 Like

@Dragonflygirl82 Yikes. You’re right, enough is enough with this virus. I also absolutely agree with you about the calmness and sense of peace that has come with sobriety. So much less anxiety and the anxiety that I do have is easier to control.

@SoberWalker Congrats!!! 800 days is amazing!! Also unrelated question…what kind of watch is that? I love the style lol

6 Likes

Day 125!
Oh man I splurged yesterday on this elecric 12v Mercedes car for my daughter… with LED lights on the tires. Its amazing. I feel some buyers remorse but I was so fucked up the last two years… this year is gonna be EPIC!!! Sobriety has been the best thing to ever happen to me. Seriously. I hope anyone who is struggling can know this feeling, that it DOES get better. Life is good.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! :turkey:
@Mno Yay! Schema therapy is finally here!! Dont be nervous you will be great. Cant wait to hear about it! Ps: that view from your window is so dreamy I love it!
@Jennajen Sad to hear you are feeling so down on yourself. Sometimes when I dont eat it triggers really negative thoughts for me that can last a really long time. I dont know the extent of your fasting but doing more than 1 day could be really depressing! But just know you ARE loved!!
@EarnIt LOVE those quotes!! Great way to start the morning!! Thanks.
@TSan 60 days!!! Ive loved watching you succeed!! :heart:

22 Likes

Day 12 just checking in

20 Likes

Oh no! Yes, this stupid virus needs to go! So sorry it is affecting your family, and hoping your health improves.

1 Like

Thank you very much @WCan, definitely serenity prayer situation lol. I’ll be in very good hands and I’m sure everything will work out ok. Thank you again for the support. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 Like

Awwww you ARE amazing and that’s the truth and I know everyone here would back me up on that. I struggle with the same things, thinking people are just tolerating me and any positive comments are not true or they’re saying things to get me to do something for them. I’ve known you for awhile now here on TS and you are doing so well!! Keep your chin up and tell the shame monster in your head to stfu lol! You’re beautiful and kind, have a wonderful day today Happy Thanksgiving!!!

3 Likes

old ScotSman 12,492.

23 Likes

Looks beautiful @Mno and good job with starting therapy, proud of you! So bonus points… is Luna underneath the covers at the top of the bed??? I thought I saw a lump lol. Have a great day!!!

1 Like

I just wanted to say how proud I am of the person you’re becoming it’s amazing!!! I love reading your posts, they have such a good and positive vibe in them even when you’re struggling a little bit. Keep up the good work lil sis you’re ROCKING IT!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Day 177 clean and sober today. Happy Thanksgiving giving everyone!!! Congratulations @PinkyP for 30 days sober that’s AWESOME!!! I am so grateful for all of you here. It’s so amazing watching and also receiving the love and support we give each other here, what a blessing that we have each other!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I know it’s today will be really tough for some of us so if anyone needs to talk I’m here for you!!! Love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

19 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving!

14 Likes

Congratulations @PinkyP on a full month. That’s still my favorite milestone. Everything became so clear and I had an enthusiasm for life like I’ve never had before.

Congratulations @SoberWalker on 800 days! Thank you for being such a big part of this community.

eae7e61ddc17e2018ca09351e680073c7dd85752e7af65a8a42021c622c97ad4.0

3 Likes

The bonus points are yours Rob! :upside_down_face: :smiley_cat:

1 Like