Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

Checking in on day 197, another productive weekend in the books. I hope everyone has a great (and safe) start to their New Years week!

20 Likes

Donna, prayers for your mom. I know COVID affects everyone differently, but my 85 year old Mom who lives in a nursing home got it, as did her roommate, and they both survived and have no residual effects. There is hope! ((Hugs))

10 Likes

Checking in on Day 45. Feeling great. Will go to the gym and do some housekeeping. My SO and I are going for a short getaway tomorrow., so need to prep for that. Have a great day everyone.

16 Likes

I do really like that book But be careful as it does say you can continue to drink while reading it… have you read This Naked Mind yet?

Congratulations on a sober Chrismas weekend!

6 Likes

Oh, thank you for that. It’s so surreal…

2 Likes

We all know the risk is a real thing, but to hear that a loved one has it…just :sob:!!

1 Like

What is your sponsor saying to you? I don’t think anyone other than your sponsor should be saying anything about your attendance.

You’re doing just fine… 329 days and working on the deeper issues… Hell id say you’re father along in your recovery than i am. Keep doing you.

9 Likes

Be honest with them, Mike, tell them. You’re doing fine. :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey Mike! Congrats on 329 days! I always enjoy hearing about your sober journey. I don’t currently attend AA, but have always stayed open to the idea of going. Reading Your posts and hearing how it has been beneficial to you have been part of piqueing my interest in it! It sounds like you’re dealing with some people who have their own issues that they are dealing with. I dated a guy that had a very similar issues. This isn’t an AA thing though…it’s a personal failing on their part. I hope if the program is working for you, that you are able to separate yourself from their negativity enough to keep this really important tool in your toolbox! :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

Day 199 clean and sober today. I think I’m starting to feel better physically because my mental health bullshit is kicking back in with a fucking vengeance lol. What the fuck just happened??? Anyway I wouldn’t be me without some kind of shit show going on upstairs between my ears so hopefully it’s a sign that I’m on the mend. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and I’m proud of you all for staying sober. Have a great day, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

17 Likes

Holy crap CONGRATULATIONS D!!! FUCK YEAH!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Congratulations Stella!!
It’s been an awesome pleasure knowing you on here and following your recovery.

4 Likes

65767-69CC501F-7E7D-4A0D-B743-33510EEA9855-0-1508417887
Congrats on ONE YEAR!! I love you to pieces!! You have been so helpful to me… I am so thankful for you!! Congrats!! :tada::tada:

6 Likes

Way to go D!!

3 Likes

@MagicILY congrats on 30 days :tada:
@CapriciousCapricorn That must have ticked over to 365 by now, huge congrats on your year! (Seen today’s post now, well done :star_struck:) :star2::tada:
@TSan That sounds scary, I’m sorry you were threatened, well done for challenging the situation, I hope you’re okay.
@RosaCanDo I’m sorry the migraine is still testing you, sending strength to keep facing things with Chucho :blue_heart:
@Classix congrats on your week :tada:

140 days no alcohol
108 days no cocaine.

Been reading some more of the Recovery Dharma book, it really resonates with how I try to partake in the world.

Finished the first Bourne movie, I’ve now started the 2nd one, it’s been a while since I’ve watched any movies so it’s actually enjoyable for a different way to pass some time.

I emailed the council to follow up my email from the 11th that I haven’t received a response from, but the auto-reply says they are closed until Jan 4th, which is also when the deadline is for the job I applied for, so that may be an interesting week.

For now I just have to follow the guidance in the serenity prayer, and stay present. :pray:t2:

20 Likes

704eeee9ba5a8bea57916f392e5a219ca94944eb6434bd8382e319565cb3c9ef.0
Good job, girl! Love being here with you.

3 Likes

Absolutely fucken amazing girl. YOU ROCK and I am overjoyed. I as well felt such a sense of belonging with this app and for me you’re an instrumental part of that. The way you have put yourself together is truly inspiring and I’m blessed having you share your journey. Sure hope you treat yourself to something really special :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Amazing :star_struck: so proud of you!! It’s be a joy to be on this journey with you. Much love and respect for you. :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!!

That is so amazing, congratulations and good job on all the hard work you’ve put in to get yourself to one year. You are an inspiration :+1:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies.

This thread continues at Checking in daily to maintain focus #24.