Checking in daily to maintain focus #24

Continuing the thread from previous
[Checking In Daily To Maintain Focus #23

4 Likes

Day 313~ Checking in. There’s been a lot of growth these past few weeks for me. I’m really learning to embrace who I am and trying so hard to live my best authentic life. So many years I believed I was not good enough or less than. I would hide in the background and hide behind the booze. I would avoid mirrors at all cost because I didn’t like what I was seeing and knew I wasn’t living life to the best of my abilities. I’ve battled with body issues and self image since I was a young girl; including an eating disorder that I often keep secret. My sobriety has given me such strength and courage to face these issue. I’m definitely starting to love me again. Learning self worth and self love is one of the hardest but most powerful lessons I’ve learned to date. If you can’t love yourself how can you expect others to love you. I love this journey and I’m just so thankful for all the lessons and blessings that come along with it.

Much love to you all my friends. Keep fighting. Know YOU are worth it. YOU matter. Keep being beautiful one day at a time. :yellow_heart:

:v:t3::heart::blush:

63 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS on your year, @CapriciousCapricorn

:+1::ok_hand:
LinearRealisticBrahmancow-small

13 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn Congratulations D!! I’m so f**king proud of you! You have been here for me from the start and I’m forever grateful for your love and support.
congrats fireworks

16 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn congrats on your one year! Super proud of you. And thank you for being such a great support, and also lifting others up. You’re such an asset to the forum :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

20 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn. A huge congratulations on 1 year!!! You’re a rock star!!! So super proud of you!

9 Likes

Thanks Salty!

For @CapriciousCapricorn and her 1 year free o’ DRUGS & BOOOZE…

Not sure how much actual publicity you are into, but if I could, I’d be driving past your place right now with my car all decked out in obviously homemade splendor, pounding a “yeah Stella!” sign into your lawn, honking and celebrating your year. I bet the whole day would be one big TS drive by parade!

Honestly though, your posts and your year put so much oomph into my own journey - and I know I am not alone. Thank you for your strength, your courage, your commitment, and to sharing it all with us. :orange_heart:

Ok - unrolling the car windows so you can hear the celebratory tunes cranked up now! :laughing:

20 Likes

That made me smile, lol! I love the thought of it!:laughing:
a3b5079e9aef426754ef88b01e9bd3eb93c18af534c2de5477f204eb29e003bd.0

15 Likes

There’s still time! :joy:

EDIT: oh and we are getting the limo for your year!!!

6 Likes

Count me in ladies

6 Likes

195 days. Having to remind myself to stay in the present. As the saying goes dwell on the past and you’ll be depressed, focus on the future and you’ll be anxious. . .being present right now seems confusing and is often difficult. I am having problems recognizing my progress since sober. Being sober should be progress enough and feeling the feelings while sober should be seen as achievement. Keep telling myself one day at a time and when necessary one moment at at time but really feeling nothing is adding up. Sorry for the puzzling rambling but thanks for sharing this safe space with me along my way.

28 Likes

Congrats @CapriciousCapricorn :slight_smile:

Checking in day 105.
Anxious for no particular reason. Kinda hate this. Makes me anxious about being anxious. I think I’m getting the backlash of the last couple of days being binge-reading and staying a lot in my head and theories. Now with girlfriend at home for vacation with me I guess I have a bit of a stress, have to me more present and resist the escape from reality. I guess that’s why I had the feeling of a post-relapses this week, because I was kind of escaping reality with reading like I use to do so with booze. But I tried not to be too hard on myself because it’s still a sane way to cope with life in general I think and it’s something I’m passionate about - plus it’s productive in certain ways too. Although now That I had a taste of binge-reading and thinking alone for 3 days in a row (I guess we can call this workaholic), I feel anxious about just being there and cannot plan on escaping today. I have things to do and that makes me feel stressed and therefore guilty. Anyways, going to move a bit and go do some groceries. Eating might as well calm me. I haven’t been training for days and I guess that’s not helping my head either. I have the “could use a drink” thoughts coming up into my head as I am walking to the stores, but that ain’t an option. Worst case scenario I’d be watching movies all day. I guess there’s gonna be days like this. I’m not use to not work and be sober.
Hope everyone is having a good day,

27 Likes

Hugs my friend :hugs:

2 Likes

18561 thats my girl right there. So proud of you, and all that you accomplished. So happy to be here on this journey with you. Thank you for always being there and helping me in some of my hard times.

9 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn

I’m so happy for you Big Sis. I’ve been waiting to see this post!

You’re such an important part of this community and I have no doubt that you’ve had a positive effect on a lot of us. You’ve been there to support me, you’ve checked in on me, and you’ve called me on my shit. Super thankful to have you here and to have you on this journey with me.

I’ve seen you grow a lot over the last year and it’s inspirational. Thank you for leading the way and showing me that this can be done.

:hugs::pray:t2:

10 Likes

You are stunning! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Beauty post from a beauty - on the inside and out. :orange_heart:
(And sweet new threads on the sober selfies thread!)

3 Likes

Checking in, day 53. Last time I relapsed on this (the 53rd) day in November. Now I’m much more confident in my sobriety, however I do crave sometimes.
Anyway I’m quite exhausted, I’m glad that I can rest at the end of the year, I need to recharge myself.
I hope you all are doing well!

29 Likes

Day 157 check in! Aloha!
I was struggling hard the past few days. I was looking out at this beautiful view and in my heart I was angry. I even decided I was going to drink if I didnt feel better in the next few days. I wrote out a long check in and in writing it out I got to the root of the problem. I woke up feeling better today.
Just goes to show no matter where you are, your happiness, mindset, and sobriety are all up to you. If you are feeling triggered and about to give in, chances are there is an underlying issue you are not seeing clearly. If you can identify it, you can accept it, you can try to see a different point of view, you can come up with a solution, you can seek support. You can heal. Wow!! I cant believe how far I have come. Today is going to be a good day. Happy sober day everyone!

@anon79808082 Your mom is in my prayers…That is really scary, I cant imagine what you are going through. Sending her all the healing vibes… :revolving_hearts:

36 Likes

Yay! I’m so happy it all worked out @Clarity. Enjoy your time in Hawaii. That view is breath taking. I gotta admit, I’m feeling a lil jelly over here. lol

7 Likes