Checking in daily to maintain focus #24

Wish you were here!! :sparkling_heart: More pics to come! Maui is healing my soul.

10 Likes

I second that!

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll second that too… you’re super luck @Clarity, enjoy!!

3 Likes

Our first TS convention!!:desert_island::dancer::surfing_woman:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Congratrs girl ! You are an inspiration :heart: here’s to finishing off 2020 strong ! What an amazing way to end the year , with a one year soberversary ! :tada:

7 Likes

Day 473
Feeling anxious and stressed. My 15yo daughter is struggling with life right now and we’re at a loss for what to do for her. It stresses me out. I can’t control it. I don’t know what the next right thing is regarding her care. All I know to do is take care of me and stay sober. So I’m back on here reading all the people sharing their journeys. Hoping for a miracle.

32 Likes

Bingo! Well done, Sarah.

7 Likes

To everyone who needs to hear it you are incredible and worth it put in the effort and you will reap the rewards. Thank you to all the people that help me be able to express my gratitude.

@CapriciousCapricorn huge congratulations, enjoy every moment. Have a nice snowshoe. Just keep moving forward there’s no stopping now.

@anon60334405 stick with AA for you as a fellow member I know it’s hard.

I will check in later. God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

16 Likes

Oh wow - I am so sorry you are going through this. Please hang in there and check back here as often as you need to. Sending you strength and hugs and comfort and hopes that you get some support and answers soon. :orange_heart:

3 Likes

Aloha! So glad you made it to Hawaii. I’m glad you had thinking time and hopefully you can relax and enjoy. :desert_island:

3 Likes

Thank you! My alcohol demon was winning for the first time in forever, I couldnt believe it! Here I was in the most beautiful place thinking I am not fun and I would be more fun if I drank. Thinking I need to lighten up. Just wanting some form of relief from this negativity in my head.
Then I was like where is this negativity coming from??
When I figured that out I was like wow! I dont need to drink. I need to figure out a solution to something completely different that drinking wont solve.

12 Likes

Please share lots of photos of Hawaii!! Ive always wanted to go there. Fingers crossed nxt year our travel restrictions will ease up and international flights are resumed ! Happy for you :tada::v::trophy:

6 Likes

Congrats on one year! you both look beautiful!

2 Likes

Congrats @CapriciousCapricorn Fantastic achievement!

7 Likes

Thank you Conor. I was happy to hear you had a nice holiday with your family. Awesome work you have done! :muscle:t3::yellow_heart:

1 Like

Thank you M :blush::yellow_heart:

day 28… Lots of pondering and deep thinking occuring with it being only two more days till the new year. Lots of reflecting happening in my monkey mind. Much more than I can remember happening over previous new years times because I was too cooked to be planning world domination lol :joy: but now theses past few weeks , my journal has been my best buddy , doing three page brain dumps every morning so I know that what’s floating around in my monkey is organized AF and I’m doing the work nessasary to prime myself so I can have a productive start on the new year and keep it continuing productively with momentum on a daily basis. I Want to see results from my life next year. I want to accomplish things. Its time. I’ve gone to many years just skimming the surface of my potential. Its time to shine. my hand writting is not legible lol but in my journal the past few weeks, every morning I write a short list of the goals I want to accomplish. They are not huge things. I’m not changing the world or saving the world. But they are things that I have neglected in the past decade because of my addiction. I was always capable of accomplishing these things , I just literally never remembered to do them. I would fleeting have moments of remembering what I wanted in my life then boom id forget and before I knew it another year had flown by because I was using every day. This went on for almost ten years… Now I am remembering more than ever, my life is waiting for me, and the only thing that is stopping me from attaining these goals is my procrastination and myself. So I’m getting out of my own way, and finally remembering to remember :smile:

25 Likes

Late to the party but huge congratulations on your year @CapriciousCapricorn :dancing_women:‍♀ :sparkling_heart: :sparkles:

5 Likes