@Mickymo congrats on 80 days :tada:
@AllyP congrats on double digits :tada:
@nwags congrats on your week :tada:
@jjcarson92 congrats on your soberversary :tada:
@Sanuk congrats on your week :tada:
@stop.the.ride congrats on your month :tada:
@Lstlouie congrats on 3 months :tada:
@anon27760155 sending hugs :hugs: and strength :blue_heart:
@RosaCanDo just seen your more recent post and I’m sending so much strength to you, almost had me in tears, much love to Chucho :blue_heart:

5 months no alcohol.
120 days no cocaine.

I only realised I missed my check-in yesterday when I came here to check in today and saw 282 posts to read through! :man_facepalming:t2: I did however visit a friend for a couple of hours and got home at dinner time, and I usually check-in before that so that must be how I missed it.

I’ve been quite restless and down today, really struggling without the walks so before I came here today I got back up, put my trainers on, and went out for a walk in the dark for 15mins. It has helped massively :raised_hands:t2: Going to stick with that once or twice a day. On Thursday I have my appointment with the Podiatrist so will hope for some professional advice about the PF going forwards.

I finished the self-esteem book today and swapped it for a new one called Principles Of Happiness, by the same author. Hoping it’s another easy and hopeful read :blush:

23 Likes

442… I just came across a perfect tempature unopened can of Miller Lite… I’ve drank thousands of them, it was my beer. This was a fear of mine earlier in sobriety because i could chug it, nobody would know. I showed it to my wife and dumped it.

I’d be lying if i said it didn’t fuck with me but the important thing is remaining strong enough to say no to the one that matters. That one beer would fucking destroy me and I know it. I remember how bad it was like it was yesterday, i don’t think I’ll ever forget.

The point of this post i guess is that this shit will pop up on us when it is least expected and catch us off guard, so stay vigilant, remain strong.

30 Likes

Sending you lots of love and strength to get through this difficult time. My heart continues to break for you and your family. :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Excersise with kids at home is a struggle. I hear you. I walk outside lots too, with my school aged kids, but it’s winter where I am and cold. Have fun with your crochet and good luck to you too! Congrats on your 7 days!:blush:

2 Likes

I’m so glad they help! That is amazing 3 months!! It truly gets better each day. :blush::muscle:t3:

1 Like

I’ve done that with a bottle of Bacardi. It hurts your soul a little but we no that shit is poison. Keep killing it being strong :muscle:t3: my friend!

3 Likes

Awe Rosa I’m so sorry I know it hurts so much. Sending hugs and love your way lady! :yellow_heart::paw_prints::cry:

3 Likes

Ugh I’m so sorry Rosa, thinking of you guys :heart:

1 Like

49 days. It’s crazy how you could be feeling so strong about not drinking, then life throws some random curve ball as a test. I passed my test so I’m happy with myself today instead of feeling ashamed and stupid.

It’s a beautiful sunny day so I’m going to longboard for a few hours and enjoy my day, sober.

22 Likes

I’m very sorry for your loss @RosaCanDo.

Day 9. Just taking it one day at a time. That’s more realistic for me to do right now. Made a list of all the things I can do instead of drinking and I find myself watching tv a lot these days. Been missing out on some really good shows :eyes:!

18 Likes

Checking in on a lazy Sunday. It’s usually my cleaning day, but I’m feeling funky and run down. So, I’m allowing myself to rest. I do hope I find the energy to give my dog a bath because she missed her spa day due to me quarantining.

A lot of people are doing really well and it makes me smile reading through.

22 Likes

Now I’m crying :cry:

“Go to where the Miracles are.”
Earnie Larsen

They’re happening right here folks.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Everything else aside congrats on 365 days and proud of you friend. :+1:

1 Like

Love you, sista… :kissing_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Oh Rosa. :cry: I’m going to miss Chucho too :cry:
I’ll be praying for Gods Strength and Peace for your family. Thanks for sharing his and your journey.
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

4 Likes

Sweet Danni @anon27760155 , I’m so sorry you’re having a rough time. I’m proud of you tho, for not picking up even thru all of this shit and daring to make contact.
Sending you the biggest hug
200w
That’s how imma run to you when we get to meet one day.

6 Likes

Sending you hugs and strength :heartpulse: I’m so sorry. :paw_prints:

No sure what milestones come after a year. I know every day we are sober is a milestone.
But I want to give a shout out to
@SoberWalker
@littlemisschatterbox
@SoberGuyUSA
I hope my math is correct
Congratulations Claudia on 28ish months
Congratulations Laura on 15ish months
Congratulations Chris on 30 ish months.
Thank you all for your support on here.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Checking in: Completed Day 5 and onto Day 6. Got my ass handed to me at Crossfit this morning, my hubs had breakfast ready when I got home and then passed out SOBER! I have never passed out sober, but apparently Deadlifts do that when you have not worked out in 3 years. Now off for a walk with a friend in the snow.

I haven’t had a chance to read through everyones posts as I am limiting my time online today. Needless to say, Welcome to all who joined, you are in the right place. OMG congrats for all the double digits and Holy Hannah Triple digits. You rock and modivate me more than I can possibly express.

And Finally…where is the damn spell check on this thing!!!

Peace and love peeps♥️

24 Likes