Checking in daily to maintain focus #26

Day 181
Lunchtime here, and have spent the morning reading articles for work and pretending to be intelligent and professional :rofl:. Sitting still in my unheated house is blooming cold so I am going to take a walk to the shop and enjoy the winter sun.

28 Likes

@Weldershawn7ā€¦ Great job and welcome!

Why unheated!!! That seems barbaric to mešŸ„¶

1 Like

Welcome to TS and congrats on 23 days!!

1 Like

Day 223.
ā€œDoesnā€™t need a block heater,ā€ they said. ā€œā€¦synthetic oilā€¦ ā€¦German engineeringā€¦ā€ they said. Turns out my poor little putt-putt is about as out of place in my clime as the earlier image of cowboy-hatted Menno and spiderman-suited Conor snowball-fighting while swimsuit-clad me and doggy look on (thank you for deep belly laughs, @Mno and @Conor689908!)

The day turned out just fine, thank you motor vehicles association membership. This time last year? The car situation would have been license to get an early start on uncorking a bottle. (I donā€™t actually need to drive just to get a boost, right?) Or worse, freaking out about dwindling supplies in the wine rack, and telling myself a trip in -40C (on foot for real? pathetically, in a cab?) to the liquor store is exactly what normies do. :smirk:

Good thing itā€™s not last year. Another beauty sober day today instead.
We did it, and we can do it again tomorrow. I just know it.
Gā€™night all. :orange_heart:

28 Likes

32 Likes

Checking in on Day 72! Another weekend without alcohol or weed. Had a couple moments this weekend where I felt like it, but they were just dull urges, like echos from the past. I didnā€™t really ā€œwantā€ to, I could just feel where the old habit was that I would have just gone with without thinking about it. Iā€™m glad I can see that, feel that, and just do something different now instead.

31 Likes

checking in at the end of day 387

Had an alright day. Normal routine in the a.m. prayers, gratitude, daily readings shower, coffee. Went to wayside for the day and relaxed and ate good food, laughed, listened to music, played cards. Vented a little bit. Texted with family and friendsā€¦ .
Then I went home on the bus. I had been asked to check on my housemate when I got in. Well he isnā€™t answering thatā€™s fine. Hereā€™s what I found thoughā€¦in my sober living non smoking homeā€¦ one of them recently got hammered and smashed there vehicle, another is currently locked in his room more than likely drinking, another is smoking pot in his room and a fourth is smoking cigarettes. the fifth is working playing video games and smoking his vapeā€¦the sixth isnā€™t there he is on the front lines being put up at a hotel doing covid isolation for travellers returing to the country(bless his heart)ā€¦ well I donā€™t handle conflict the greatest, especially at the end of a long day. So I called a cab and went back to the treatment center and am sleeping in their crisis bed tonight. They can help me deal with it tomorrow or the next day hopefully instead of me blowing up tonight.
God bless you all. :v: & :heart:

P.s. /note to selfā€¦itā€™s ok to put yourself first sometimes; you matter too. Ya you!!

27 Likes

Sorry your not sleeping at your sober living house. And I donā€™t mean to butt in butā€¦ arenā€™t there some kind of consequences? I donā€™t know who is in charge there. But it sounds like they are being enabled. Itā€™s not fair to you and the other people staying at the home. And itā€™s not fair to them either. I know itā€™s probably hard. I hope you can figure it out tomorrow. If they canā€™t follow the rules out they go!! Instead youā€™re out :thinking: Doesnā€™t make since. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll figure it out. And donā€™t be such a nice guy. Your not doing them any favors. And I can tell itā€™s frustrating you. Just my opinion. Love you man.
:pray::heart:

8 Likes

I also feel itā€™s a smart move you getting out of there. Collect your thoughts and deal with it tomorrow.

3 Likes

If I have anything to say about it there will be consequencesā€¦and there are rulesā€¦ it will be dealt with it just might take a day or twoā€¦one of them is already been reprimanded and is back at wayside and has been for almost two weeks nowā€¦since the truck incidentā€¦the rest just happened over the weekend and tonight at 11 pm and I didnā€™t want to make a sceneā€¦ so weā€™ll deal with it ideally tomorrow. Thank you for the support @Dazercat love you too buddy hugs

8 Likes

Sorry Iā€™m late Tyler.
IMG_0902
On your 6 months AF.
I hope you have a good day.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 6 monthsā€¦Iā€™m always late to the party. Us Hawaiians running on Hawaiian time lol :partying_face::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Start of day 2 sober!

Chilling before I go to work and start the week.
Spent all day Sunday as usual with a hangover. Felt sluggish and awful! No more of them for me from now on. This weekend will be the test I think.

24 Likes

Oh wow, I know quite a few people to travel to Egypt regularly and they love it. Hope some sun, sea and sand give you a bit of a lift!

1 Like
  1. Second coffee. Slept pretty good. Still snowing a bit outside. Have to go out to work a night shift in a couple of hours. As a kid I used to love cycling on snow and ice. Now Iā€™m a bit apprehensive about it but I still think it will be fun. At least Iā€™m in pretty good shape. And Iā€™m sober and clean. Thinking now what a sad figure Iā€™d make if I was still drinking, alone at home, night after night under this curfew, downing a couple bottles of wine and some whisky for good measure too. Never again. Life is much better like this. Have as good a week as you can all. Clean and sober. Love from Luna and me.

@Fargesia_murielae Congrats!!! 18 months is awesome man.
    @Ginge Welcome to your sobriety, the forum and to this thread Ginge! Glad to have you aboard. Life really is much better sober. hang with us and find out too. Success.
    @I.cant.We.can Hope youā€™re getting some rest Brian. Thatā€™s a shitty situation to be in. Success in dealing with it. I know youā€™ll do it sober and clean. Hugs.
27 Likes

images

1 Like

Checking in Feb 8th 2021

Cold morning start posted at my new job mayb im just a tad bit excited to start work im about half an hour early :laughing:šŸ¤· ill keep you guys posted thank you all for the goodlucks LETS GOOO

22 Likes

Nice! Congratulations on a year and a half @Fargesia_murielae!! :tada: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Day 440. Grateful for sobriety and my family.

25 Likes